Donald Jones to become UFA after no tender from Bills

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@WGR550

Report: #Bills and WR Donald Jones working on contract extension: http://wgr550.com/Bi...475391 …

Shouldn't Levitre and Byrd be higher priorities?

IIRC they did this last year resigning Chandler and others before focusing their attention on Stevie. There is still more than a month before FA and a couple of weeks before franchise designations are due.

They won't be working on the Levitre and Byrd contracts because they don't stink like Donald Jones does.

He better be paid back-up money, like what you would pay a #4 or #5 guy. I only want Jones on the team if they get a very good or at least very capable #2 to play opposite Stevie, then re-sign RFA David Nelson to be the #3 slot guy and have TJ going into camp as #4.

They won't be working on the Levitre and Byrd contracts because they don't stink like Donald Jones does.

He better be paid back-up money, like what you would pay a #4 or #5 guy. I only want Jones on the team if they get a very good or at least very capable #2 to play opposite Stevie, then re-sign RFA David Nelson to be the #3 slot guy and have TJ going into camp as #4.

Disagree with the first part. Byrd and Levitre will be large contracts likely with bunch of guaranteed money. Also cos there will be fierce competition for their services. Hence, will take time to negotiate and finalize terms.

Agree almost fully with your second section. I wouldnt shed a tear if he goes elsewhere.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

If our WRs shake out as

Stevie

FA

Jones

Graham

Nelson

Smith (note pettine is from the jets, who seemed to like smith and will likely be able to chime in on him, but we will see)

I wont complain too much.

Edited by NoSaint

Disagree with the first part. Byrd and Levitre will be large contracts likely with bunch of guaranteed money. Also cos there will be fierce competition for their services. Hence, will take time to negotiate and finalize terms.

I was joking on the first part. I actually think we will likely re-sign Levitre and franchise Byrd.

Fitz restructure and now Jones & Bills taling contract. Layer of analytics kicking in? If they are talking contract in any way shape or form with anyone, can we assume that they have evaluated and come to a conclusion on several players?

If our WRs shake out as

Stevie

FA

Jones

Graham

Nelson

Smith (note pettine is from the jets, who seemed to like smith and will likely be able to chime in on him, but we will see)

I wont complain too much.

My exact sentiments.

Fitz restructure and now Jones & Bills taling contract. Layer of analytics kicking in? If they are talking contract in any way shape or form with anyone, can we assume that they have evaluated and come to a conclusion on several players?

i mean, our DC has gameplanned against these guys and our HC was known for being over prepared with his scouting of the team at his syracuse interview, we also kept our GM and pretty much all the front office. having a decision on what is hopefully a backup wr shouldnt take toooo much discussion really.