Note to self : Don't give a judge the finger

Just Jack

Wow. i totally disagree with everyone on this. That judge was a total egomaniac, D-Bag. The kid showed little respect, true that, but to slam someone so obviously under the influence shows a complete lack of professionalism. Judge instigated it.

good for him...and absolutely

Right on!

Now if only public schools would have the guts to discipline kids whenever they mouthed off.

Wow. i totally disagree with everyone on this. That judge was a total egomaniac, D-Bag. The kid showed little respect, true that, but to slam someone so obviously under the influence shows a complete lack of professionalism. Judge instigated it.

Seriously?

Yes. Seriously. Let me clarify. The kid is an idiot. She is WAY high and also too stupid to keep her responses to a minimum. But does her flippant comment of 'Adios" really warrant the Judge to call her back to prolong things? Anyone who has been in a courtroom with anywhere from a small town traffic judge to a county court judge, knows that the egos on some of these d-bags are massive. Oh, btw Your Honor? the good people of Dade county just love spending their tax dollars keeping a Zannybar hungry girl away from society for 30 days. No other deserving criminals can take that valuable jail space? Wow, South Florida has really changed. What a hero.

What a jerk.

i don't think it was just her flippant 'adios', i think that was just the kicker...the judge showed great restraint when he kept trying to get a dollar amount of her jewlery...finally she bids 'adios' to a hispanic judge...that was just way over the top...she deserved everything she had coming and probably more...

Yes. Seriously. Let me clarify. The kid is an idiot. She is WAY high and also too stupid to keep her responses to a minimum. But does her flippant comment of 'Adios" really warrant the Judge to call her back to prolong things? Anyone who has been in a courtroom with anywhere from a small town traffic judge to a county court judge, knows that the egos on some of these d-bags are massive. Oh, btw Your Honor? the good people of Dade county just love spending their tax dollars keeping a Zannybar hungry girl away from society for 30 days. No other deserving criminals can take that valuable jail space? Wow, South Florida has really changed. What a hero.

What a jerk.

After a childhood of no direction or responsible parenting, the little tramp ran into a brick wall and learned the consequences of having those ****ty parents.

Exactly.....when you suck at life (perhaps due to poor parenting....we don't know that) things like this tend to happen. Maybe she learns from this....probably not.

What a jerk.

You're not alone on this one.

i don't think it was just her flippant 'adios', i think that was just the kicker...the judge showed great restraint when he kept trying to get a dollar amount of her jewlery...

Seriously? Asking her a question she doesn't know the answer to and then acting like a jackass when she can't answer it is "restraint"?

Why don't you go ask 100 teenage girls the value of their jewelry and see if you can find a single one that knows the answer.

As for her adios, spare me. He's the one who hit her with a rude and flippant "bye-bye" when she didn't immediately know how much all her jewelry cost. And then tried to double her bail (which a more sensible judge reversed) when she responded in kind.

She may well be a snotty brat, but that guy was a complete dick.

Anyone with half a brain knows that you don't laugh sarcastically while you're in court and the judge is handing down his ruling. You keep your darn mouth shut and have some respect. Maybe the judged acted somewhat out of frustration in this instance, but I don't think his response was inappropriate. What if he let her "antics" slide? What kind of lesson would she have learned? The answer.....nothing except it is perfectly acceptable to act like a snotty little punk brat, regardles of the setting.

She was out of line.. Keep your mouth shut and fingers tucked in and a bad situation ends as well as it can. She should have Aiken a clue when he doubled her fine.

I agree. I tell my kids all the time that if a cop tells you to 'get down' you do so and ask questions later. This kid needs to realize she's been arrested on drug charges and she's facing a judge. If she doesn't know the answer to the question....her response should be "I'm sorry sir...I don't know the value of the jewelry." Common courtesy and respect fixes this problem relatively fast. I would have been peeing my pants if I was arrested at her age....not trying to act like it was 'no big deal.'

I agree. I tell my kids all the time that if a cop tells you to 'get down' you do so and ask questions later. This kid needs to realize she's been arrested on drug charges and she's facing a judge. If she doesn't know the answer to the question....her response should be "I'm sorry sir...I don't know the value of the jewelry." Common courtesy and respect fixes this problem relatively fast. I would have been peeing my pants if I was arrested at her age....not trying to act like it was 'no big deal.'

Civility aka "common courtesy" really is out of style these days. Just watch any db or wr in the NFL now it's apparent everyone of them is a narcissistic ahole.

Civility aka "common courtesy" really is out of style these days. Just watch any db or wr in the NFL now it's apparent everyone of them is a narcissistic ahole.

I don't think pro athletes are a good representative of public behavior. I find that most of my interactions with people are pleasant and civil.

Alright, I rewatched it after reading the latest comments. I cannot believe everyone wants to throw her away. She is what? 20 at best? She is a dimwit kid who's probably high on something. The judge was acting like a baffoon, I'd have been upset, too. Jacking it up $5k as a last kick in the butt is pathetic, and that fatass mocked her for the entire time. A lot of you folks question the government, wonder why the world has so many sheep and when you see one kid act like a smartass to an authority figure you instantly side with the authority?

She acted like a moron. She acted like a spoiled child. A brat. The judge acted no better. If you want to respect authority then give them respect, and to do that you have to be genuine and up front. Anything less then that is dishonest and disrespectful.

Neither party was in the right.

You're not alone on this one.

Seriously? Asking her a question she doesn't know the answer to and then acting like a jackass when she can't answer it is "restraint"?

Why don't you go ask 100 teenage girls the value of their jewelry and see if you can find a single one that knows the answer.

As for her adios, spare me. He's the one who hit her with a rude and flippant "bye-bye" when she didn't immediately know how much all her jewelry cost. And then tried to double her bail (which a more sensible judge reversed) when she responded in kind.

She may well be a snotty brat, but that guy was a complete dick.

While this is maybe not the best place, I would think you and I could make an example of our points.

Please, if you will...

Some times people think you're a prick or unfair. They think you acted poorly or in an wrongful way. You have been publicly commented and debated (which is a grey area TOS violation), even participated in it yourself. To my knowledge no one who has respectfully questioned you was reprimanded. Although you likely to insult to some things, how could you not?, you allowed -again- a respectful approach on the matter to be taken. You did not over react, you did not flagrantly taunt anyone only to discipline them.

Please note that if this post is found to be out of lines to the TOS, or unacceptable please remove it but understand why I posted it.