FluffHead

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The news reaches Toronto mayor Rob Ford:

http://postmediacana...60&h=330&crop=1

Seriously, though, the guy's passion for football almost got him kicked out of office:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/toronto/rob-ford-to-remain-as-toronto-mayor-lawyer-to-appeal-to-supreme-court/article7848448/

The conflict-of-interest case centred on a vote in February of last year by Mr. Ford to let himself off the hook for failing to repay $3,150 in improper donations to the Rob Ford Football Foundation, which provides football equipment for underprivileged high schools. An earlier investigation by the city’s integrity commissioner found the donations had come from lobbyists and a corporation doing business with the city and recommended Mr. Ford be asked to repay the money himself. Council agreed, voting to impose the penalty in August 2010, a few months before Mr. Ford swept to the city’s top job.

In its ruling Friday, the court said it allowed the appeal because city council did not have the authority to impose a financial penalty on the mayor. It said the initial ruling was flawed because “it required Mr. Ford to reimburse funds which he never received personally.”

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

I can't wait to hear the spin on this one. It's now impossible for Brandon to say winning is the highest priority for this team when we throw away 1 home game every year for $$$$.

Well, if they don't win, how do they fill the seats? We know what's in it for the Bills, but what's in it for Rogers?

No one wants to accept it, but with the economy, the Stadium renovation deal, and Ralph passing one of these days, this is good news to keep the Bills in Buffalo. The NFL wants to regionalize. Don't be surprised if one day San Diego plays one game in Mexico City. Would you rather them called the Los Angelos Bills?

My feeling on the one pre season Toronto will take....

I hope that the one preseason game Toronto takes is this year... leaving only one this year actually in Buffalo that season ticket holders will have to purchase..

I have a feeling that the NFL will be moving to only two preseason games in the near future, might be even after this year (pure speculation on my part). With attendance down, one way of ensuring tickets get sold is to eliminate preseason games to drive up season ticket sales. The one thing that might stop me from renewing is 2 preseason games (i think its our year for the dreaded Lions 4th preseason game at home.....uggggg, flush 300 dollars down the toilet for my 4 tickets)

if it truly is a necessary evil to keep the bills in buffalo, then i am fine with it.

I was expecting it. This is something the bills will keep doing until Toronto decides it isn't worth it anymore. It is easy money for the bills. I just hope our future owner keeps the bills in buffalo

These