Bills extend Toronto Series by 5 more years

FluffHead

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills fans pissing and moaning over something? I'm shocked! Shocked and stunned, I tell you!

Jeez, get over it. Did the world spin off its axis after the last 5 year deal? No, and its not going to this time either.

As for the players not liking it, too damn bad. It's not like they play any better at RWS. You want Toronto to cheer for your sorry asses? Win some damn football games! Don't play like you deserve to be booed.

PTR

I don't care what the players think either. A lot of them suck and deserve to be booed.

But I do care that is sure looks like nothing has changed. Wouldn't you be pumped if RB came out and said they were ending it because it forfeited home field advantage and wasn't the right thing to do? I would have been.

I was expecting it. This is something the bills will keep doing until Toronto decides it isn't worth it anymore. It is easy money for the bills. I just hope our future owner keeps the bills in buffalo

:thumbsup:

Whats the point of stadium renovations if we use our stadium one less game every year?

:thumbsup:

Not to interrupt everyone's pity-party "Bills Suck" circle-jerk, but none other than the "Gold Standard" of NFL teams, the Green Bay Packers, split games with Milwaukee for oh....sixty years or so, including their most storied time period, the entire Vince Lombardi era.

Im not a big fan of the series either, but stop with this "its indicative of a loser franchise" rubbish.

It might have removed some of the sting for the season ticket holders if they moved one of the preseason games there each year as well.

Blows to lose 5 regular season games yet pay full price for all but one of the preseason ones.

But I can't imagine Rogers wanted even that one preseason game.

Edited by CodeMonkey

5 years ago it was a huge cash grab, the article says this agreement is "significantly" less, which likely means not that much more than playing the game at the Ralph. Here is an idea for ya Russ, raise ticket prices to the league average and that income will more than make up for the money you are stealing by whoring the team to Toronto and screwing your real fans!

It might have removed some of the sting for the season ticket holders if they moved one of the preseason games there each year as well.

Blows to lose 5 regular season games yet pay full price for all but one of the preseason ones.

But I can't imagine Rogers wanted even that one preseason game.

I would rather a price increase and them making the preseason games "free". mentally that would be better.

this is very good news.....

with Toronto the bills are the 4th largest NFL market......

without Toronto the bills will be the 2nd largest NFL market.......when they move to Los Angeles....

Other than for another cash grab for Ralphus, obviously Brandon thinks there are enough fans out there who actually believe nonsense like the above post for him to justify this move.

Unfortunate.

The season ticket holders really get boned by this deal especially now that they took away the preseason games going up there too.

we have the lowest ticket prices in the league. Why would a new owner coming in say, "oh, look, we play all the games at home, but that's ok, I'm glad they didn't renew the toronto series." The Tornoto game brings in $$$. I'm a season ticket holder and fine w/ it. It helps keep the team in Buffalo.

While this is obviously not the popular choice but can anyone make a suggestion on how to make the game experience in TO better? Save the negative comments and suggestions for another topic.

A winning team?! Once this team turns it around, people in Toronto will be coming to watch CJ Spiller, Mario Williams, our new QB, etc. The series is happening, so I like your question. Perhaps discounted tickets for BB season ticket holders to get them to come to TO for the game. This would also help tourism in TO and would enable the mayor to point to this as a good business deal for the city as well.

Other than for another cash grab for Ralphus, obviously Brandon thinks there are enough fans out there who actually believe nonsense like the above post for him to justify this move.

It's not "nonsense," it's called "facts." You may not like them, but you can't dispute it.

5 years ago it was a huge cash grab, the article says this agreement is "significantly" less, which likely means not that much more than playing the game at the Ralph. Here is an idea for ya Russ, raise ticket prices to the league average and that income will more than make up for the money you are stealing by whoring the team to Toronto and screwing your real fans!

First, you are totally speculating at what "significantly" less means. The deal 5 years ago was a HUGE grab for Buffalo, now you "guess" without any evidence that it's the same as the Ralph. Then you suggest raising ticket prices, when the team has excess inventory for other games. The Real fans don't want to pay higher ticket prices at the Ralph, and Real fans might take a trip to Toronto to cheer on the team.

I don't care what the players think either. A lot of them suck and deserve to be booed.

But I do care that is sure looks like nothing has changed. Wouldn't you be pumped if RB came out and said they were ending it because it forfeited home field advantage and wasn't the right thing to do? I would have been.

Not really. I'm holding out hope the Bills stay in Buffalo. I think people miss that Ralph owns the Bills outright. The Bills are generally reported to make about 30 million a year. That sounds like a lot, but think about this...

The Bills sell for 700 million (likely a low number). That would mean it would take 23.3 years to pay back that loan at 30 million a year (that is without interest). There's not many banks that are going to finance that with the team staying in Buffalo. There's far too much risk that the financials go south and loan payments can't be made.

Edited by jeremy2020

we have the lowest ticket prices in the league. Why would a new owner coming in say, "oh, look, we play all the games at home, but that's ok, I'm glad they didn't renew the toronto series." The Tornoto game brings in $$$. I'm a season ticket holder and fine w/ it. It helps keep the team in Buffalo.

A winning team?! Once this team turns it around, people in Toronto will be coming to watch CJ Spiller, Mario Williams, our new QB, etc. The series is happening, so I like your question. Perhaps discounted tickets for BB season ticket holders to get them to come to TO for the game. This would also help tourism in TO and would enable the mayor to point to this as a good business deal for the city as well.

It's not "nonsense," it's called "facts." You may not like them, but you can't dispute it.

First, you are totally speculating at what "significantly" less means. The deal 5 years ago was a HUGE grab for Buffalo, now you "guess" without any evidence that it's the same as the Ralph. Then you suggest raising ticket prices, when the team has excess inventory for other games. The Real fans don't want to pay higher ticket prices at the Ralph, and Real fans might take a trip to Toronto to cheer on the team.

Without the Toronto games, the Bills would move to LA...is a fact?

Not to interrupt everyone's pity-party "Bills Suck" circle-jerk, but none other than the "Gold Standard" of NFL teams, the Green Bay Packers, split games with Milwaukee for oh....sixty years or so, including their most storied time period, the entire Vince Lombardi era.

Im not a big fan of the series either, but stop with this "its indicative of a loser franchise" rubbish.

It is not indicative of A loser franchise. It is indicative of THIS loser franchise. I really hate this move.

Not really. I'm holding out hope the Bills stay in Buffalo. I think people miss that Ralph owns the Bills outright. The Bills are generally reported to make about 30 million a year. That sounds like a lot, but think about this...

The Bills sell for 700 million (likely a low number). That would mean it would take 23.3 years to pay back that loan at 30 million a year (that is without interest). There's not many banks that are going to finance that with the team staying in Buffalo. There's far too much risk that the financials go south and loan payments can't be made.

Who's going to buy the Bills in this scenario (100%financing) ?? My Uncle Fred?? I seriously doubt financing debt is going to be an issue for the new owners.

THEE number 1 priority should be to win games. Forcing home games on a reluctant market hasn't helped that goal and most would say hurt the Bills' ability to win home games. But this is clearly of secondary concern to RB. That is why I hate it..... for all Bills fans.

Bills fans pissing and moaning over something? I'm shocked! Shocked and stunned, I tell you!

Jeez, get over it. Did the world spin off its axis after the last 5 year deal? No, and its not going to this time either.

As for the players not liking it, too damn bad. It's not like they play any better at RWS. You want Toronto to cheer for your sorry asses? Win some damn football games! Don't play like you deserve to be booed.

PTR

We are pissing and moaning over a home game being taken away that no one wants except a few in the FO. Spin any way you'd like but this blows.

No one is taking the atmosphere of a home game away from this team except the whiney fans from Buffalo. Want to know how you can make the Rogers centre atmosphere more like the Ralph and keep home field advantage? GO TO THE DAMN GAME AND CHEER. Oh yeah, I forgot, your to busy throwing your temper tantrum that the evil Ralph and Russ took away a game in december that most would have put on ebay or stub hub cause its too cold to go see them lose anyways. its only an hour and a half drive to get there from Buffalo, there are many fans north of the border who do that for all the other home games and don't whine about it.

It keeps the team viable and its done to show a potential new buyer that the market for the team and the NFL can be much larger then just WNY. The NFL has priced itself out of small dying markets like Buffalo, If Buffalo wants to keep the NFL, they need to do things other areas may not have to in order to show it can keep up with the league