Can we just go back to red helmets already.

r00tabaga

The NFL was using analytics in 1950 and realized that Buffao would continue to lose population. :)

The b*****ds!

However, according to the census records although growth had slowed in recent decades Buffalo's population had increased during every census up to and including 1950.

...this info is a little moot as probably everyone involved with the decision is most likely dead, thereby creating little comeuppance satisfaction.

:wallbash:

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO!

Having the grazing bison logo for a throwback game is fine, but the charging bison is the better logo and should remain the Bills logo forever.

I'm fine with the white helmets, granted it's a bit boring, but it does look better when the Bills wear all white and it looks just as good when the Bills wear the blue pants. The red helmet never looked good in the all white look.

It is the "streaking" bison... Logo was implemented during the 1970's "streaking" fad. Notice that the has his privates covered up! ;-) ;-)

:-P

The b*****ds!

However, according to the census records although growth had slowed in recent decades Buffalo's population had increased during every census up to and including 1950.

...this info is a little moot as probably everyone involved with the decision is most likely dead, thereby creating little comeuppance satisfaction.

:wallbash:

There are reasons. I don't want to get too political and talk about the wars (WWI/WWII and beyond) and other factors. The NFL in 1950 was right about not giving BFLO a franchise... They knew what was happening in BFLO during the WWII years and where it was going to head in coming decades...

Again... The white with large streaking bison and Super Bowl years unis would be a nice twist.

It is the "streaking" bison... Logo was implemented during the 1970's "streaking" fad. Notice that the has his privates covered up! ;-) ;-)

:-P

There are reasons. I don't want to get too political and talk about the wars (WWI/WWII and beyond) and other factors. The NFL in 1950 was right about not giving BFLO a franchise... They knew what was happening in BFLO during the WWII years and where it was going to head in coming decades...

Again... The white with large streaking bison and Super Bowl years unis would be a nice twist.

I am a fan of history and generally I know what you and Nobody from the earlier post are talking abou (I know the rust belt was dying and the writing was on the wall). However...dang Exile, now you got me curious!

Would love to hear your comments if you got the time.

Peace.

EDIT: BTW, I love the blue helmet.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

When the Bills wear either combination of blue/white (and not the white/white or blue/blue - which I hate) they have the best unis in the NFL right now. I don't see the need to change a thing, the white helmet looks sharp with it.

Just stop letting the players decide to mess it up by wearing the same color pants and jerseys.

Thank you!!

Folks, as I said before, the broad general consensus of IMPARTIAL (outside/national) observers has been that the current uniforms with the white helmets are among the best in the league. The red helmets may bring back memories of Super Bowls (lost), but strictly in terms of looks they are horrble.

"But there's no denying that a few years ago the Bills were the worst-dressed team in pro sports, and now they've become one of the better-looking NFL teams by going back to a retro look"

Worst to first (or nearly so) - c'mon guys why even discuss screwing up the best thing the team has done in a decade???

Edited by BobChalmers

By all means, the Bills should change their helmets so it's easier to distinguish their players in the freaking Pro Bowl. Fail.

The Bills' current uniforms are among the sharpest in the league.

Your response is fail. I only brought up the probowl to show that we have lost our distinguished look. Every other team has a white helmet right now. Red is really nowhere to be seen in our current set of unis. We look too much like other teams (Colts). When need more balance of red and blue like the 90's teams. Red end zones were the best too but you can't do those now because we only wear white and blue now.

Your response is fail. I only brought up the probowl to show that we have lost our distinguished look. Every other team has a white helmet right now. Red is really nowhere to be seen in our current set of unis. We look too much like other teams (Colts). When need more balance of red and blue like the 90's teams. Red end zones were the best too but you can't do those now because we only wear white and blue now.

false. six other teams have white helmets. The only other team in the league with red helmets right now is KC. Would you rather emulate the Colts or the Chiefs? In my opinion, the red helmets made them harder to see on the field. the whole uniform kind of blended together.

That said, I would love to see an alternate red uniform.

I prefer the 1990's uniforms but I like the White Helmet too, I can't see why the team can't wears the Red Helmet as a alternate, maybe add a Red Jersey to wear with the White Helmet

I don't like the Current Jersey that Nike Makes, that half white collar bugs me as do the blue pants The 2011 where better

SU12_AT_NFL_UNIFORM_FLYWIRE_BILLS_large.jpg?

yeah if it were my choice i would go with the blue helmet

Bills_display_image.png?1342197106

after thats its a virtual tie with the red or white helmet with me. i like them both, the red because its more unique and the white bc its a cleaner more classic look. im just glad we got rid of those stupid red stripes on the sides of the previous jersey

That looks sharp!

I would be fine with a blue helmet.

yeah if it were my choice i would go with the blue helmet

Bills_display_image.png?1342197106

after thats its a virtual tie with the red or white helmet with me. i like them both, the red because its more unique and the white bc its a cleaner more classic look. im just glad we got rid of those stupid red stripes on the sides of the previous jersey

would need a red buffalo though

Bengals are the best Bills suck

I like the white helmets, but what do you think of a black helmet?

Gino

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: but with red buffalo and blue stripe (or whatever that is coming off the buffalo head)

Buffalo-Bills-13-Steve-Johnson-Black-Shadow-Jersey.jpg

What about Black Jersey

Needs red, too much black is like too much white, but prefer black and foreboding colors

would need a red buffalo though

Bengals are the best Bills suck

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: but with red buffalo and blue stripe (or whatever that is coming off the buffalo head)

Needs red, too much black is like too much white, but prefer black and foreboding colors

Worst uniform design ever....

black is lame. It's a cop-out to try and be "tough". You know what makes you tough? knocking the $h1t out of your opponent, not the colour of your jersey.

Nope. I grew up with the white and very glad they went back to them. Uniforms look much better....now if only we could win more games.........

Keep the white, just go back to the standing Buffalo! That was classic and when they wore it, they won Championships!