If it isn't a QB, I hope it's...

We are all aware of our QB need, and the lack of top-tier QBs in the draft. My question then, if we go somewhere other than QB in the first, who would be your first choice? Please do not turn this into a "it has to be a QB" thread. You must pick someone other than a QB. Make standard assumptions about the first 7 picks. My choice would be Ogletree, even if the Irish Catfish is still on the board.

It is my feeling that the D was the number one issue on this team. The Stache had a good amount to do with that, but lack of quality LBs was our Achilles heal. Bring me the best MLB in the draft.

If I were picking today, -It'd be the Man-Purse. All this catfish foolishness is disturbing, but Teo can play. Ogletree also has 1st round talent, but not as much instinct, or lateral movement as I like out of a MLB.

After that, I'd grab a kid like DJ Swearinger for SS in the second, Then perhaps Devonte Holloman 4-3OLB in the third

F___, a quarterback. -There's MAYBE two worth taking before the 4th round.

The pick will depend on whether or not Levitre can be signed. If not, take Eric Fisher if available. If we lock up Levitre, then we go with either Dee Milliner to solidify the other lock down corner position which is needed in Pettine's defense, or take best available LB.

I know the Falcons aren't in the Super Bowl but I heard something about them having mostly 1st round picks on the O-Line.

That being said resign Levitre and pick Chance Warmack.

Then address our other needs in the later rounds QB, LB, WR, TE.

fisher, ogletree, even allen. or, if they cannot come to terms with levitre, warmack. but i like ogletree most

Ogletree makes the most sense right now.

After watching the Senior Bowl none of the QB's outside of Manuel did anything to put themself in the first round.

FA is where i think we get one QB, then we can draft one in the second. But who knows what the heck will happen draft day.

Well if history really does repeat itself then...

Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina

It's been too long since we drafted a RB with a major knee injury in the first round. :wallbash:

Seriously,

I don't want us to draft a QB anyways because selecting one of these guys is like asking what color Pinto do I want to buy. So I say Keenan Allen WR Cal.

Well if history really does repeat itself then...

Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina

It's been too long since we drafted a RB with a major knee injury in the first round. :wallbash:

Seriously,

I don't want us to draft a QB anyways because selecting one of these guys is like asking what color Pinto do I want to buy. So I say Keenan Allen WR Cal.

:beer:

Im leaning towards either Ezekial Ansah,or Milliner.

Ansah was a beast in Senior Bowl. Guy was flying everywhere.

Vince Williams from Florida St. looked really good too. Not sure where these guys are valued in draft as I havn't seen enough of them. I'm an ND fan and watch Teo for 4 years. He was the most talented on D from the moment he stepped on field, flashing greatness and really came into his own the last 2 years. If he is there at 8 I think its a given, the Bills have to take him. He played like crap in NC Game, but that was a fluke from long lay off and fake GF BS. The guy missed 2 tackles in whole 2012 reg season. Hes a true leader with great instincts and would be a huge upgrade over Shep. Think Luke Kuechly, but more size for better run stopping. Luke was #9 last year in draft and worked out pretty well for Carolina.

Ansah was a beast in Senior Bowl. Guy was flying everywhere.

Vince Williams from Florida St. looked really good too. Not sure where these guys are valued in draft as I havn't seen enough of them. I'm an ND fan and watch Teo for 4 years. He was the most talented on D from the moment he stepped on field, flashing greatness and really came into his own the last 2 years. If he is there at 8 I think its a given, the Bills have to take him. He played like crap in NC Game, but that was a fluke from long lay off and fake GF BS. The guy missed 2 tackles in whole 2012 reg season. Hes a true leader with great instincts and would be a huge upgrade over Shep. Think Luke Kuechly, but more size for better run stopping. Luke was #9 last year in draft and worked out pretty well for Carolina.

My only problem with Teo is the sideshow,that I think comes with him.

Dee Miller, if available; if not:

Werner (DE-FS) if available, if not:

Dion Jordan, if available, if not:

Olgetree (LB-GA), if not;

"BPA".

I think u meant Milliner but agree he is made for today's football. Chance Warmack or Fisher(If Levitre flies) and then move Glenn to G and blow the Pats 'D' off the line for a few years.

I like Dion Jordan and the DE from UCLA, although #8 may be a little high for him.

And I love Sweringer and Holloman from So. Car. later on in the draft. Much better hitters and much better players than Rambo. and Shaun Williams from Georgia. Those two like to do everything but tackle ---> see Alabama game.

I think u meant Milliner but agree he is made for today's football. Chance Warmack or Fisher(If Levitre flies) and then move Glenn to G and blow the Pats 'D' off the line for a few years.

I like Dion Jordan and the DE from UCLA, although #8 may be a little high for him.

And I love Sweringer and Holloman from So. Car. later on in the draft. Much better hitters and much better players than Rambo. and Shaun Williams from Georgia. Those two like to do everything but tackle ---> see Alabama game.

I know we have other glaring needs, but even if Levitre does not leave, I think these two guys get strong consideration (especially Fisher). The Bills have an opportuniy here to build one of the most dominate offensive lines we have ever seen here in Buffalo. I heard Mayock say that Fisher "is Joe Thomas with quicker feet." That's sayin something right there.

The Bills have a lack of players at premium positions. The most glaring example of that is at quarterback, where we have nobody. But there may not be any QBs worth taking in the top 15. If that's true, the Bills should look at players at other premium positions.

A non-pass rushing LB is about as far away from a premium position as you can get. So stop ogling Ogletree! :angry:

Turning Glenn into a guard is foolish, because you're taking a good answer at a premium position (Glenn) and trying to turn him into an answer at a non-premium position.

An elite pass rusher would be a perfectly acceptable use of a top 10 pick. So too would an elite CB--at least assuming we stop this nonsense of allowing our best DBs to go first-contract-and-out! :angry: I would also be okay with the Bills using that pick on a NT--assuming he turns into a Ted Washington of a NT: the kind of guy who can eat up two offensive linemen at once. I would also be okay with using the pick on an elite WR. Normally I'd also accept using it on a LT; but we already have a good one in Glenn. It's a mistake to use such an early pick on a RT or an interior OL. The Bills have too many other needs to indulge in the luxury of using a top 10 pick on a player at a non-premium position.

The Bills have a lack of players at premium positions. The most glaring example of that is at quarterback, where we have nobody. But there may not be any QBs worth taking in the top 15. If that's true, the Bills should look at players at other premium positions.

A non-pass rushing LB is about as far away from a premium position as you can get. So stop ogling Ogletree! :angry:

Turning Glenn into a guard is foolish, because you're taking a good answer at a premium position (Glenn) and trying to turn him into an answer at a non-premium position.

An elite pass rusher would be a perfectly acceptable use of a top 10 pick. So too would an elite CB--at least assuming we stop this nonsense of allowing our best DBs to go first-contract-and-out! :angry: I would also be okay with the Bills using that pick on a NT--assuming he turns into a Ted Washington of a NT: the kind of guy who can eat up two offensive linemen at once. I would also be okay with using the pick on an elite WR. Normally I'd also accept using it on a LT; but we already have a good one in Glenn. It's a mistake to use such an early pick on a RT or an interior OL. The Bills have too many other needs to indulge in the luxury of using a top 10 pick on a player at a non-premium position.

Nice try.

I've tried making the case for pass rusher over run stuffer but people just don't want to listen.

At least the Bills braintrust probably understands this, I hope.