Darrelle Revis traded to Bucs

BRAWNDO

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please tell me why we are not making a move on trading for Revis?

I understand that it's a division trade but they are looking to dump him for picks. Unless Pettine doesn't like his character I see this as a logical move to bring him back in to an already familiar defensive system. Imagine our young secondary with our DL putting pressure if it headlined Byrd, Gilmore, Aaron Williams and McKelvin + Revis. While I don't see us doing this, it would make sense to trade the #8 pick for Minnesota's pair of #23 & #25, then give our 2nd Rd pick & a conditional 2014/15 pick for this guy. I know he tore his ACL but even if he came back @ 75% that's a steal for any Rook this year.

Projected 2013 Draft

#23 - QB Ryan Nassib, Syracuse

#25 - OT/G Justin Pugh, Syracuse

A 3-way deal could even work out w/ Tampa calling us @ #8 for their #13 and a 3/4th with or without Revis involved. Nab TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame and hope for Nassib to be there Day 2 @ #41.

Anyone who is projected that we take Patterson or Austin is highly mistaken, since I'm sure Marrone is content with signing Alex Lemon & Marcus Sales from Syracuse as WRs. Minimum contracts, know the system and hopefully will have our man Nassib at the helm.

Since this makes so much sense to me, I highly doubt that Russ/Nix will make it happen. Who's to say we even draft a QB at all since we opt out time and time again. #Kaepernick#Wilson

Thoughts?

1) there is no way in hell that NYJ will trade in the division. Any discussion truthfully ends right there. Never going to happen...ever...like throughout time...

2) too much money. We have too much tied up in an under performing vet in Mario Williams and Revis wants like 15-16 mill per year, that is bad football esp for one player that is NOT A QB.

3) This guy is so over rated its not funny. Stevie owns this clown and Stevie isn't a true #1 WR to be honest and he flat owns revis.

4) In todays NFL you need 3 starting caliber CB's not one that allegedly takes away the #1 WR (See above) at what he wants pay wise. I dont care if his name is Leon Sandcastle, no ONE CB is ever worth that kind of money when you can put 3 decent guys back there and have a damn good pass rush and acomplish more.

Why do you think no one has traded for him? They realize no one CB is worth it. Why do you think the Jets want rid of him? TOO MUCH MONEY and they know no ONE CB is worth that much Jack.

Regardless of Revis - this team has a solidified defensive unit with a lot of potential and $$$ invested. If I were the Jets, I wouldn't trade with us either.

I only see our draft picks being on the offensive side of the ball unless we take a LB in Rd 2 or 3.

Nassib is our man. Why do you think Marrone was the hire?

Regardless of Revis - this team has a solidified defensive unit with a lot of potential and $$$ invested. If I were the Jets, I wouldn't trade with us either.

I only see our draft picks being on the offensive side of the ball unless we take a LB in Rd 2 or 3.

Nassib is our man. Why do you think Marrone was the hire?

Do you actually think that Marrone was hired because the FO wanted Nassib? Revis is an overpaid malcontent who is coming off injury. The Jets would be thrilled to trade him within the division and place that albatross around the neck of a division rival.

Jets are realizing that no one is willing to give up a 1st for a guy who just tore his ACL - I'm just saying that it makes sense if A. Jets are desperate and B. Revis is willing to take less money.

Rumor was the bucs agreed to the first already but not the full package the jets are pushing.

Do you actually think that Marrone was hired because the FO wanted Nassib? Revis is an overpaid malcontent who is coming off injury. The Jets would be thrilled to trade him within the division and place that albatross around the neck of a division rival.

Yes, I do. He is that good. Getcha popcorn ready folks Superbowl or Bust

1- Revis wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the league.

2- It would cost us a substantial package of picks

3- The Jets aren't going to trade him within the division

4- He is coming off an ACL injury.

Tampa and the Jets are going to make this move before the draft. No need for the Bills to dump picks and a big contract into this guy.

That's a big move if true. Probably means a trade in the near (next few days) future. Might mean the jest get some extra draft picks. 1st, 2nd, 3rd? More than one? Could it mean a trade up in front of Buffalo for the QB they like that also might like?

Hope it's not true. I don't mind Stevie making Revis look like a B%#*H twice a year every year. I hope the jest keep him.

My love is the Bills, but living in Tampa I root for the Bucs. We are really hopeful this happens down here as the Bucs were #1 against the run and 32nd against the pass. With Wright resigning, bringing in D Goldsden from the 49ers, Mark Barron, their round last year with another year of development and Revis, the Bucs could really compete well against the Saints and Falcons.

Last year the Bucs lost Carl Nix and Davin Joseph early in the year so with their best lineament back, you'll see this team punish opposing defenses against the run. I'm excited as long my Bills still win while in Tampa. I'll never root against the Red, White, and Royal Blue!