Jamarcus Russell Making a Comeback

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its going to be hard to erase memories of the massive dumps he took all over the Oakland Raider's organization. That said, doesn't hurt to bring someone in who is looking for a second chance and seems driven. Whether its sincere or just a house of cards can be determined during the workout.

308 lbs? So we're gonna go with the mobile QB model this year, huh?

In all seriousness, if he can get himself into true game shape by the time training camps start, that would be pretty darn impressive, and I suppose he would be worth a tryout (no harm), but it seems like we would be setting ourselves up for disappointment again. As long as it does not prevent us from going down the path of pusuing QB's from the draft or FA, i guess we might as well.

I know I don't know anything about Marrone, but this type of project doesn't really seem his style.

Its going to be hard to erase memories of the massive dumps he took all over the Oakland Raider's organization. That said, doesn't hurt to bring someone in who is looking for a second chance and seems driven. Whether its sincere or just a house of cards can be determined during the workout.

It hurts, peeps. Just like VY and Tjax, It serves as a distraction from actually finding our own capable, competent QB of the future.

He's lost 12 lbs from 320 to 308? Some driven. Get down to playing weight and stay there for 6 months and get taken more seriously.

I'm just shaking my head. I get that we want a QB. I want a QB. Why we continue to lust after everyone's discards to the point of looking for "the biggest bust of all time" has me totally puzzled.

Maybe we should bring Ryan Leaf in for a workout, doesn't hurt.

We need a QB, badly. It would be criminal not to at least bring him in for a look. It's been a while, maybe he decided to grow up.

Criminal is indeed a word to be concerned about, but perhaps just not in the context you're thinking. Drank is a hard one to stay quit of.

I'm still shaking my head. "Greatest bust of all time? Weight issues? Work ethic questions? Questions about his football smarts? Questions about narcotic addiction? He'd be perfect for us! Bring him in! What do we got to lose? It would be criminal not to look at him!"

I swear, we Bills fans act like victims of domestic violence sometimes. We can't even see ourselves with a guy who is the Whole Enchilada.

It hurts, peeps. Just like VY and Tjax, It serves as a distraction from actually finding our own capable, competent QB of the future.

He's lost 12 lbs from 320 to 308? Some driven. Get down to playing weight and stay there for 6 months and get taken more seriously.

I'm just shaking my head. I get that we want a QB. I want a QB. Why we continue to lust after everyone's discards to the point of looking for "the biggest bust of all time" has me totally puzzled.

Maybe we should bring Ryan Leaf in for a workout, doesn't hurt.

Well said. Hey, maybe we should kick the tires on Art Schlichter one more time, too.

He's going to need to do better than 12 lbs. to be taken seriously, I'm afraid. Good luck, though...

I regularly drop deuces that weigh more than 12 lbs. Not impressed with his commitment. Next...

Edited by Marc Miller

How can a guy make a comeback from something he never had.....he showed lack of talent, especially in 2 areas...1) mobility 2) brainpower.

He could not even make a decision on his name...James or Marcus so how could he decide who to thrown to