Tim Brown is Losing His Mind

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills players kinda sabotaged the team in their first Super Bowl by partying hardy all week. Also Kenny Davis hid Thurman's helmet in the second one so he could say he started in the Super Bowl-didn't he??? Mckellar caught that screen pass at his ankles in the last drive when he would have been better off dropping it. Kelly was likely trying to throw it into the ground to stop the clock. Bills players holding hands on the sideline during the "wide right" was an obvious jinx. Finally, Kelly stuck his wooden shoe into the bus engine so they would arrive late to the game. ALL SABOTAGE.

Not buying T Brown's story for a second. No way does a coach sabotage his chances of winning a Super Bowl. However, Al Davis meddling with the coaches gameplan I can believe. Can't wait to hear Callahan's reaction.

Maybe Callahan was panicked - after all Gruden was coaching the Raiders the year before and was now with the Bucs - maybe Callahan thought/knew Gruden had some insight into the Raider attack so he felt he had to change the gameplan. This also lends a plausible explanation as to why their starting All-Pro Center, Barrett Robbins, went AWOL the night before the game - Mike Golic said Robbins pleaded with Callahan not to change the gameplan because he wouldn't be have enough ttime to install new line calls for the offensive line.

Very intriguing.

That is a pretty far-fetched story that Mr Brown tells... I am kind of surprised NFL.COM is giving it any coverage.

Is it as far fetched when Jon Ritchie, the starting FB for that same team, has stated for years that what they practiced all week and what they did on game day were completely different gameplans?

I can beleive it. Totally. Anyone actually remember that game? Callahan went into it with the SAME PLAYBOOK that Gruden used the year before. The Bucs knew the plays called before the ball was snapped.

If it wasnt "sabotage", it was incompetence of the highest order.

Edited by RkFast

Is it as far fetched when Jon Ritchie, the starting FB for that same team, has stated for years that what they practiced all week and what they did on game day were completely different gameplans?

I don't know. I find it easier to believe that the players, as a whole, are trying to find some 'boogey-man" to explain why they had their asses handed to them, than I can a NFL head coach, no matter how much he disliked his owner, would tank a championship game, just to make that owner look bad. And if there were gambling allegations floated around, I have no doubt, the NFL would have investigated them fully. It just does not ring true to me. That Raiders team was hardly a model of discipline. To me, it seems like they fell into the trap that so many losing Super Bowl teams (our favorites included) from that era seemed to fall into...they were content to get there, and their oppenant was better. Tampa Bay had an awesome defense that season...

Sometimes I think coaches make decisions so bad, you'd have to believe they are only trying to sabotage the team, but they probably are just in over their heads, like Chan.

:thumbsup: Dick Jauron and I agree!

Edited by Buftex

Bills players kinda sabotaged the team in their first Super Bowl by partying hardy all week. Also Kenny Davis hid Thurman's helmet in the second one so he could say he started in the Super Bowl-didn't he??? Mckellar caught that screen pass at his ankles in the last drive when he would have been better off dropping it. Kelly was likely trying to throw it into the ground to stop the clock. Bills players holding hands on the sideline during the "wide right" was an obvious jinx. Finally, Kelly stuck his wooden shoe into the bus engine so they would arrive late to the game. ALL SABOTAGE.

U

Ugh, i was there. I have no doubt if the Bills put out maximum effort during the week, players and coaches paying attention to every last detail and not partying, they would've won that game. I wonder how many ex-Bills think about that week leading up to the Giants game and wish they could go back in time and play the week differently.

He sounded pretty lucid to me. You can argue about his conclusion, but Jon Ritchie backs his story & the unnamed source contradicting him admits he doesn't know much, so why are you guys so sure he's mentally deficient? Is it because in the extremely limited knowledge & imagination of all of you, that you can't quickly conceive of a scenario where you would do that? Is that really it or is there more, because I must have missed the more.