Jarvis Jones - LB - Georgia

H2o

If geno or Barkley either aren't available or we aren't sold on them and Jarvis is there, he better be the pick. He's a monster. Great pass rusher and better in coverage than given credit for. He's a difference maker and well worth the risk imo. Love this kid

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the latest news that Georgia LB Jarvis Jones has been given a clean bill of health, if he slips to #8 with the Bills on the clock, do the Bills take him? I say a resounding yes!! Immediate impact player on defense in an area of greatest need. Take our QB in the second or try to move back into the 1st rd however we can and go after the QB.

I like Jones but offense wins championships.

I like Jones but offense wins championships.

In order for that "offense" to win a championship they must first get on the field to score points. Our defense the past few years simply could not get off the field and give the offense a chance.

Also when the offense is always playing from behind they are forced to get away from their set offensive schemes and must play a desperate style of catch up. Which eventually leads to Fitzsism, ( a disorder common among some QBs, normally wearing jerseys with the word Bills sewn on them, resulting in forced, dumb, backbreaking mistakes).

Face it, if we are going to have a young rookie QB under center this year, or at least very soon, we have to have a defense that dictates the flow of the game, rather than rely on an inexperienced rookie to bail out a terrible defense.

Edited by Mr. T

that's a big oops by the original doctor saying had spinal stenosis instead ;

"Brigham concluded that Jones either had a

very mild incident of spinal cord concussion or merely a stinger

that has long since resolved. If another similar injury occurs, Brigham concludes it would not be a career ending issue."

In order for that "offense" to win a championship they must first get on the field to score points. Our defense the past few years simply could not get off the field and give the offense a chance.

Also when the offense is always playing from behind they are forced to get away from their set offensive schemes and must play a desperate style of catch up. Which eventually leads to Fitzsism, ( a disorder common among some QBs, normally wearing jerseys with the word Bills sewn on them, resulting in forced, dumb, backbreaking mistakes).

Face it, if we are going to have a young rookie QB under center this year, or at least very soon, we have to have a defense that dictates the flow of the game, rather than rely on an inexperienced rookie to bail out a terrible defense.

every year we have to fix the defense, it's long past due that the offense gets some players.

We didn't get to all those Superbowls because of our Defense.

I know it needs work but other than LB we have solid guys on D that can Pettine can unleash. There are other pass rushers in this draft or FA and we would do well to get a big, explosive WR like Patterson. Although I wont be upset if we draft Jones but we had better get some WRs in here or we will go nowhere again.

that's a big oops by the original doctor saying had spinal stenosis instead ;

"Brigham concluded that Jones either had a

very mild incident of spinal cord concussion or merely a stinger

that has long since resolved. If another similar injury occurs, Brigham concludes it would not be a career ending issue."

every year we have to fix the defense, it's long past due that the offense gets some players.

We didn't get to all those Superbowls because of our Defense.

I know it needs work but other than LB we have solid guys on D that can Pettine can unleash. There are other pass rushers in this draft or FA and we would do well to get a big, explosive WR like Patterson. Although I wont be upset if we draft Jones but we had better get some WRs in here or we will go nowhere again.

That's quite an understatement. Bradham is the only LB on the roster with starting-caliber talent (and even that's up for debate).

Jones is BPA over Smith/Barkley. He's Von Miller-lite. Would be a BIG boost to the LB corps. Love him at 8 if he is indeed medically cleared. Take our QB in 2nd, another LB in the 3rd and then WR/TE in the 4th (depending on FA}, CB in 5th and OL in 6th.

If history (Gronk) is any indicator, the Bills removed Jones from their board completely.

I did find it unique that Mayock had Jones listed as the best OLB in his 4-3olb rankings, and not even listed on the 3-4 rankings. Is he considering him a 4-3 player only? V Miller has had sucess in that role so maybe thats where he sees Jones too?

Has there ever been a player that Bills medical staff didn;t clear? They didn't even kick the tires on Merriman before clearing him, only to have him head to IR. Twice.

Very true. They also cleared McCargo a bunch of times, let Troup keep playing, kept McGee around, and also cleared Mario to start with a known injury. I'll even go as far to blame them for RG3.

Very true. They also cleared McCargo a bunch of times, let Troup keep playing, kept McGee around, and also cleared Mario to start with a known injury. I'll even go as far to blame them for RG3.

Don't forget fitz and the devastating rib injury!

With the latest news that Georgia LB Jarvis Jones has been given a clean bill of health, if he slips to #8 with the Bills on the clock, do the Bills take him? I say a resounding yes!! Immediate impact player on defense in an area of greatest need. Take our QB in the second or try to move back into the 1st rd however we can and go after the QB.

How could the Bills pass on a healthy Jarvis Jones?

How could the Bills pass on a healthy Jarvis Jones?

If there's a QB they really like (geno or Barkley I'm assuming) he needs to be the pick. That's how they can pass on him. Fritz and tjack are our only QBs atm, you know that right? Other than a QB, you're right, how can the bills pass on a healthy Jarvis Jones. He's a monster.

Has there ever been a player that Bills medical staff didn;t clear? They didn't even kick the tires on Merriman before clearing him, only to have him head to IR. Twice.

They've recently released several players under the "failed physical" designation.

I also remember them not clearing Angelo Crowell to play football for them.

The Bills also cleared Dwan Edwards to play with a fused neck. He was fine.

• 2 weeks later...