First 5 that Doug cuts from Chan era????????????

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the first 5 players cut that Chan thought we needed to keep around Mine are Kelsay, Choice, Barnett, Chandler, Fitzpatrick

Chandler is our starting TE and has done very well. Choice is also a decent 3rd string back who can play. I think both of them stay.

Fitz - I would love to send him packing. But I think Doug will keep him because there is no options in FA that is a world better than him

My cuts would be : WILSON - He sucks at SS. Not sure where Troupe fits in on this DL. Spencer Johnson also may be cut as he may not fit the scheme.

Chandler is our starting TE and has done very well. Choice is also a decent 3rd string back who can play. I think both of them stay.

Fitz - I would love to send him packing. But I think Doug will keep him because there is no options in FA that is a world better than him

My cuts would be : WILSON - He sucks at SS. Not sure where Troupe fits in on this DL. Spencer Johnson also may be cut as he may not fit the scheme.

I forgot about Troup and Spencer would definitely be on the bubble. Will be interesting to see if he can come back from injury.

Pettine should be a guy who has the book on everyone. My guess is he is going to love Kyle Williams if he's healthy, and hopefully put Mario in different places all the time to create mismatches.

We are not going to flat out cut Aaron Williams - at the least, he'll be one of the last cuts. Choice is a FA, so he's not a cut. Whoever said Scott, he's a FA. Yeah, a lot of these are just funny to read. I'd bet of the OP's 5 it's more likely that all 5 will be on the roster then all 5 being cut. I'd bet 3/5 are on the roster.

As far as a theme I've noticed, why are people so quick to dump guys we have for ones we do not? We get rid of Chandler, then what? Remember when we got him people thought, oh great, we could have had Boss, whoever (I forgot)... and now most of those TE's we never brought in have been cut or looking for work?

Choice is not likely to return, it makes more sense to bring in a cheap 3rd back then Choice. On a whim, I could see Bryan Scott making the roster over George Wilson. That's just my fleeting thought of the week...

Here is where I'd start..

Brad Smith

Tyler Thiggy - free agent

Choice - free agent

Bryan Scott - free agent

Justin Rogers

We are not going to flat out cut Aaron Williams - at the least, he'll be one of the last cuts. Choice is a FA, so he's not a cut. Whoever said Scott, he's a FA. Yeah, a lot of these are just funny to read. I'd bet of the OP's 5 it's more likely that all 5 will be on the roster then all 5 being cut. I'd bet 3/5 are on the roster.

As far as a theme I've noticed, why are people so quick to dump guys we have for ones we do not? We get rid of Chandler, then what? Remember when we got him people thought, oh great, we could have had Boss, whoever (I forgot)... and now most of those TE's we never brought in have been cut or looking for work?

Choice is not likely to return, it makes more sense to bring in a cheap 3rd back then Choice. On a whim, I could see Bryan Scott making the roster over George Wilson. That's just my fleeting thought of the week...

Cut, not resigned, option not exercise, etc etc. ... I just think of it as who from last year won't be back because bills didn't want.

At the New Year's Day Russ/Prez announcement, Whaley did say something to the effect of "Chandler is a nice player, but we can do something there", implying the potential for an upgrade at TE.

:thumbsup:

I'm sorry, this has nothing to do with Chandler, (though that's an interesting quote to have sited --thanks!) , but i just had to finally remark on that other awesome quote you've got under your postings from Dan Dierdorf. And I'm sure there's been plenty said of it already, but makes me wanna say "When you look at Dan Dierdorf, you are looking at a tv analyst of the NFL" ....i guess, or some other DIERDORF thing to say to that effect. ....anyways.

Oh yeah, and RICO, (again off-topic) nice avatar pic!, Keith Richards, i presume?

Cut, not resigned, option not exercise, etc etc. ... I just think of it as who from last year won't be back because bills didn't want.

Troup. Don't see his aggression coming out suddenly enough to impress the new coaches.

Thiggy

Choice

Ruvell Martin

Onubun

Morrison (I just hope for his sake)

I really have to think about the rest of the LB's...

If Rinehart gets resigned then Colin Brown may be gone - but in a perfect world both would be nice to keep given Eric Woods injury history.

Who are the first 5 players cut that Chan thought we needed to keep around Mine are Kelsay, Choice, Barnett, Chandler, Fitzpatrick

Why would any HC cut Chandler? :huh:

I'm assuming The Bills will do what they have to in order to keep Byrd, and try hard to re-sign Levitre...I think Levitre is 50/50 to return...

No question that 2013 needs to be a transition year for The Bills Roster...I expect a lot of Vets to be cut...

Kelsay

Barnett

McGee

Fitz

Wilson

I think Aaron Williams gets moved inside, and I look for The Bills to add at least 3 CB's through the Draft and Free Agency...I think they try to re-sign McLovin on the cheap...Some players that can be replaced through upgrades are...

Rogers

Shep - I think he stays as a back-up...I would be surprised if he was cut...

Moats

Pears

Should be interesting the next few months... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Regardless of whose really a FA and who actually gets cut I will predict these players are gone.

McGee

Kelsey

Barnett

Martin

Choice

Scott

Wilson

Lindell

Guys that I think are on the fence:

Fitz

Shephard

Moats

Troup

Nelson

You can't cut Chandler. You'd have to have an injury settlement.

He blew his big long 6'7" ACL and probably won't play until the 2014 season.

McGee will be cut 1st.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Chandler drops at least 2 key balls a game. Not good after the catch, to many fumbles

Your first sentence is a flat out fabrication. You're embellishing so I'll respond by saying I couldn't disagree more. I think Chandler has excellent hands.