First 5 that Doug cuts from Chan era????????????

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Chandler? The guy does get hurt a lot, but he's a solid TE

At the New Year's Day Russ/Prez announcement, Whaley did say something to the effect of "Chandler is a nice player, but we can do something there", implying the potential for an upgrade at TE.

Fitz: need new QB more than anything and he also costs a fortune to keep

Shepperd: only here because Chan coached him at a bowl. Pettine will have high standards for LBs and he won't cut it

Lindell: old, weak leg liability on kick offs. Can get a younger guy without the leg liability for less money

McGee: old, injured, irrelevant, pure cost.

Scott: jets had no one in this LB/SS hybrid role. Don't see that changing for him

Choice is a UFA. So is Ruvell Martin, who shouldn't be back, and Thigpen. I think most of the other UFAs are worth attempting to sign with T. Jackson a wild-card depending on Fitz's status and how many QBs are acquired/drafted.

Excluding the guys that are truly JAGs, I think these players should definitely fear for their jobs:

George Wilson

Kirk Morrison

Chris White

Aaron Williams

Kelvin Sheppard

Fitz

Barnett

Easley

Kelsay

McGee

I think realistically you can't upgrade on all these guys, so A. Williams and Sheppard get the benefit of the youth vote, and Easley could get the chance he's never really gotten. Barnett is a good vet leader but tread is wearing thin. It would be foolish to say goodbye to all of them if they're under contract, but I think you're going to see very little playing of favorites or judging guys on reputation except for the few difference makers like Spiller.

I bet all 5 of those guys stay.

Not Fitz. But otherwise I think you're right. Unless some Overdorf capologist stadium wall version chimes in and says we would only save a dollar by cutting Fitz. Then he may stay. But anything more than a $10 savings and he's cut.