Deadspin: Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend Is A Hoax

Punch

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good lord! I read the article. Nothing in there to incriminate Teo. So again, you think that lack of proving him innocent means we should all stand at the ready to "shred" him? Good for you.

I apologize for not addressing your point and instead got heated due to your apparent assumption that I am an idiot &/or a Manti hater.....and simply elaborated on my initial point which you had misinterpreted.

My point was not to say that I think that the lack of evidence proving him innocent meant he should be "shredded".....it was that the lack of evidence means there is still nothing reported that can curtail the strong level of doubt amongst unbiased observers that he may have been complicit in the hoax.

This concept is particularly relevant in this thread as earlier several were using the ND investigation as some sort of proof of his innocence.

It's simple, stay quiet GUILTY!!, Give an interview, GUILTY!!! Great logic in this thread.

....show some sort of evidence of your relationship with the imaginary girlfriend like phone records or emails. INNOCENT!

Edited by Dibs

Te’o’s fake dead girlfriend was named “Lennay Kekua,’’ and there is a real family named Kekua that lived six doors from Tuiasosopo, though no Lennay. Tuiasosopo was a no-show yesterday at his father’s nearby church, the Oasis Christian Church of the Antelope Valley, where he normally plays in the band. The dad cried during the service and thanked supporters.

http://m.nypost.com/f/mobile/news/national/dame_name_game_txjV7qZHkPa26nrjW8TyOI

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

This was most likely true, and so silly on his part. What concerns me more though is he did not look good against a powerhouse like AL. That being said, NFL players are a lot stronger and faster than AL. He may no tbe as good as he's been hyped due to playing an easier schedule. I don't know. I'm betting he goes in the third round. I would never pick him in the first.

Is going on Katie a good idea? Perhaps. The story is dying but I guess if you want it out there and to serve as a cautionary tale it makes sense. Perhaps it will save the GMs time at the combine, they won't have to go through the same questions.

There is no question that Te'o will be gone in the first, probably top 20. He played poorly against Bama but there is plenty of tape out there that is pretty good.

And, if he didn't do an interview, you'd be calling for his head, like everybody saying Come on it's been 36 hours!

No. I wouldn't be calling for his head. I'm not calling for his head now.

Furthermore, I have no issue with the time it's taking him to get his "story" (or tale, really) ready. But make a statement through a lawyer or your agent. Don't go all, "LeBron James - The Decision" on us.

It's riduculous. In the grand scheme of things, this is nothing. As Rob's House is quick to point out - it's a victimless situation. The kid didn't break any laws. No one got hurt.

But to think this kid is a victim? Please. He is just an attention whore and now he's a media whore.

And there will, indeed, be a circus - regardless of all the other legitimate football stories that will be happening at the start of next year that another poster had mentioned.

Tim Tebow is STILL a story and he got drafted 3 years ago. And he can't even play friggin football.

I just want Vanity Smurf on the Jets or the Dolphins. Stay away from OBD.

....show some sort of evidence of your relationship with the imaginary girlfriend like phone records or emails. INNOCENT!

Silly me. I always get stuck on that innocent until proven guilty philosophy. I'm sorry to hear that doesn't apply to well known college students in your opinion.

You can check this thread, I did not run in to defend Teo as soon as the news broke. It wasn't until all of the articles and statements from those involved (including Teo) came together that I ended up with the opinion that I did. So you go ahead and think that since you want a person with no real evidence against them to go out of their way to shed their right to privacy so that you can be assured of their innocence, that you are the unbiased observer here.

At this point there are only two things I'm sure about. So much of the rest is confusing including Te'o's actual ability. Personally I am not for drafting him at #8. Here is what I'm sure about:

After the interview, Katie will try to bed Te'o. :sick: but true

Roniahahaha will end up with his own reality show.

i am watching Catfish the TV series and this is absolutely fascinating....both the actual hoax and some of the after stories....they are doing a marathon on mtv....who knew???

Talk about good timing!

I posted 34 times! I have to reevaluate my life...

That's only 3.2% of the posts, hardly a big number.

Gotta luv how renaiah's pastor father keeps using religion to shield His son from accountability:

Several reporters were also in attendance, but Tuiasosopo declined to discuss details with them afterward and offered only a brief comment at the beginning of service before a guest pastor gave the sermon.

"My statement is: God is still on his throne," said Tuiasosopo.

http://m.christianpost.com/news/father-of-alleged-creator-of-manti-teo-hoax-god-is-still-on-his-throne--88647/

Yeah right. You're still in the throne dude, as in the toilet

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Silly me. I always get stuck on that innocent until proven guilty philosophy. I'm sorry to hear that doesn't apply to well known college students in your opinion.

The "presumption of innocence" does not mean that the accused does not have to defend themselves from the accusation of guilt. It means that they have to be "proven" guilty to be convicted, and if unable, they are then presumed innocent.....not the other way around.

In a legal trial, all of the evidence both for and against the accused is put forward to determine innocence/guilt. This however is not a legal trial. If it were, and he is innocent, I have no doubts that he would present evidence such as phone records to show his innocents.

By not releasing evidence that would defend him from the accusations, it only makes people wonder if he has that evidence or not......and whether he is guilty or not.

Being unconvinced that he is innocent is not the same as believing that he is guilty.

The "presumption of innocence" does not mean that the accused does not have to defend themselves from the accusation of guilt. It means that they have to be "proven" guilty to be convicted, and if unable, they are then presumed innocent.....not the other way around.

In a legal trial, all of the evidence both for and against the accused is put forward to determine innocence/guilt. This however is not a legal trial. If it were, and he is innocent, I have no doubts that he would present evidence such as phone records to show his innocents.

By not releasing evidence that would defend him from the accusations, it only makes people wonder if he has that evidence or not......and whether he is guilty or not.

Being unconvinced that he is innocent is not the same as believing that he is guilty.

Hey bud the "accused" is Renaiah Tuiasosopo.

Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Are you? Teo isn't in court right now. There are no prosecutors and no jury. Presumption of innocence is not just a philosophy that US courts follow, it's a way of life. Outside of a bizarre story, there's nothing firm against Teo at this point.

Are you? Teo isn't in court right now. There are no prosecutors and no jury. Presumption of innocence is not just a philosophy that US courts follow, it's a way of life. Outside of a bizarre story, there's nothing firm against Teo at this point.

Sure there is. He's an idiot. He embellished the 'story' and continued to after he learned that her death as well as her persona was fake. If you care to debate that have at it, but those are facts.