Matt Barkley - QB - USC

RogerNapalm

I did not include i dont mind him at 8. I would like him better at 41 or so. Or the trading out of eight pick.

Here is my worst draft day nightmare:

We trade down from the 8th pick.

The Jets pick up a QB with the 9th pick who becomes an instant pro-bowler and future HOFer.

or

We pass on a QB with the 8th pick.

The Jets pick up a QB with the 9th pick who becomes an instant pro-bowler and future HOFer.

We are the Bills.....it's a virtual guarantee that this will happen. :cry:

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me that arm strength in Buffalo is a tad overblown! Chad Pennington, who most here probably said or thought "what a noodle arm" at one time or another, but he beat our brains in from time to time in Buffalo's weather. Matt Barkley can make the required throws in Buffalo, and if they take him, fans will be happy to have him, imo!!

Of course barkley has more then enough arm strength to play in buffalo...just look up barkley in youtube you can easily see him fire 20+yard passes with lots of velocity on it....aslo you can see him launch 60+ yard throws and complete them in stride in which roflsucktrick not even in his dreams can do...

He has some impressive throws in here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U1dIfiKrQk

It seems to me that arm strength in Buffalo is a tad overblown! Chad Pennington, who most here probably said or thought "what a noodle arm" at one time or another, but he beat our brains in from time to time in Buffalo's weather. Matt Barkley can make the required throws in Buffalo, and if they take him, fans will be happy to have him, imo!!

While I kind of agree, those Bills teams got beat by many bad quarterbacks. Pretty much every team has kicked the Bills around, so I don't judge any Qb by their games against the Bills.

or

good lord I cant stop laughing.....sadly its true what you are saying...guess these tears are not from laughter after all :cry: Edited by Hotpockets28

After watching that clip.......it just seems this kid is gonna be extremely solid in the pros...he has everything you need intelligence,poise,more then enough arm strength, and extremely accurate...not to mention a great leader in the huddle as told by teammates........i honestly would give my left nutsack to have barkley on this team

Edited by Hotpockets28

or

Ouch. Truth hurts. Except you ARE talking about the Jets.

After watching that clip.......it just seems this kid is gonna be extremely solid in the pros...he has everything you need intelligence,poise,more then enough arm strength, and extremely accurate...not to mention a great leader in the huddle as told by teammates........i honestly would give my left nutsack to have barkley on this team

This is my concern when reading posts.

I think you offer your nutsack too easily ) :

See, I don't get that "not at #8" stuff. If he turns out to be good, it's a huge step for this team.Even a very good player at any other position, wouldn't have the impact on this team that a competent QB would have.

Another problem i have

As long as his shoulder checks out he's dalton with a bit more upside in my opinion. Maybe not the highest ceiling but a safe day 1 player that won't screw you over. Barkley might even win you some big games on his back if he reaches his potential, where I'm not sure dalton is that guy.

I am thinking the kid is about as you describe

or

Dont worry brother we Bills fans just wait for the bottom to drop, the other shoe to fall etc.

Partly why we stick with 'em

Edited by 3rdand12

Barkley is a good guy, I just don't think he'll be durable enough, and strong-armed enough to make the grade in Buffalo. I'm even starting to think Geno Smith wouldn't be a good fit. I'm starting to settle on Mike Glennon whom has the size, and potential to be a good QB if developed for a couple of seasons. The only other guy I see with possible potential is the young Tyler Bray 6'6'' 232.

There is no way Marrone will draft Geno Smith, SU dominated him in the Pinstripe Bowl. Yeah....SU's D

Reading retweet from sal cappacio. Matt miller @nfldraftscout. States Barkley will not get past Arizona at 7

Makes sense for them. Also hearing that the Chiefs are looking at LT at #1 and will trade or sign their QB. So if the Cards like Barkley and Geno isn't taken #1 he could very well be there at 8. Giggidy

Reading retweet from sal cappacio. Matt miller @nfldraftscout. States Barkley will not get past Arizona at 7

of course he wont get pass by arizona and he shouldnt...i believe barkley will be drafted either 6th or 7th overall no way he makes it to #8....with all this weeden trade talk..and arizona having pro bowl QBs in skelton and lindley its almost guarranteed barkley wont be there at #8....ugggh :cry: Edited by Hotpockets28

none other than Mr. Matthew Montgomery Barkley.

The Bills already know it.

Geno Smith is a much better athlete, and thus, won't last to #8 overall since NFL teams are now enthralled with "read option" QBs. He'll be the first QB drafted this year. He looks like another C. Kaepernick on film.

Tyler Wilson sucked at the combine. That does not bode well for him.

Barkley has been nothing but a stud QB his entire life......from HS (#1 in the nation) to college (#1 in the nation).......and now to the pros. He wile the Bills' pick at #8 overall..............if he lasts that long.

The more time that the NFL scouts and coaches have to dissect this year's QBs the more they will see that Barkley is the true future gem. He can make all of the throws, make the right reads, will stay out of trouble off the field, and will be the team leader that the Bills need.

I've said it a million times already........the Bills must make it their top priority to obtain a franchise QB this year. There are a ton of available pass rushers and WRs, but future franchise QBs.....not so much. The team has no hope without a franchise QB. Fitz and Jax are not good enough. I wish they were.

Draft Barkley and he will start from Day 1.

That's when the road back to prosperity will begin.

none other than Mr. Matthew Montgomery Barkley.

The Bills already know it.

Geno Smith is a much better athlete, and thus, won't last to #8 overall since NFL teams are now enthralled with "read option" QBs. He'll be the first QB drafted this year. He looks like another C. Kaepernick on film.

Tyler Wilson sucked at the combine. That does not bode well for him.

Barkley has been nothing but a stud QB his entire life......from HS (#1 in the nation) to college (#1 in the nation).......and now to the pros. He wile the Bills' pick at #8 overall..............if he lasts that long.

The more time that the NFL scouts and coaches have to dissect this year's QBs the more they will see that Barkley is the true future gem. He can make all of the throws, make the right reads, will stay out of trouble off the field, and will be the team leader that the Bills need.

I've said it a million times already........the Bills must make it their top priority to obtain a franchise QB this year. There are a ton of available pass rushers and WRs, but future franchise QBs.....not so much. The team has no hope without a franchise QB. Fitz and Jax are not good enough. I wish they were.

Draft Barkley and he will start from Day 1.

That's when the road back to prosperity will begin.

Not sure what film you've been watching, but Geno Smith looks absolutely nothing like Kaepernick...pure pocket passer who happens to be fast.

I will say, however, that I do like the potential fit of Barkley in Hackett's west coast style offense. I think he could be really successful.

ChanOverchin Thank you!!!!! Finally someone who thinks like I do on barkley.....barkley will be a Perfect fit in buffalo...barkley in a west coast offense is a match made in heaven...has all the tools and smarts you need to excell in this league...as much as I would love barkley being a bill...sadly if the bills dont trade up over cleveland especially arizona we dont have any shot at barkley.....reportedly Arizona is extremely impressed with barkley....:cry:

I have been saying this for months. If Barkley is there at 8 Bills take him, but I think he will be gone. He is the only true starter at qb in the draft, I also think that if he is gone Bills dont draft at qb at all this draft and the take best corner or best lb, Marrone will not hang his coaching start on any other qb in this draft.

Edited by 13player

I have been saying this for months. If Barkley is there at 8 Bills take him, but I think he will be gone. He is the only true starter at qb in the draft, I also think that if he is gone Bills dont draft at qb at all this draft and the take best corner or best lb, Marrone will not hang his coaching start on any other qb in this draft.

I totaly agree...:D Edited by Hotpockets28

My head is spinning with trying to figure out who I like at QB. There's a lot to like and a some to worry about with a handful of them. If you've read any of my posts I have a personal bias towards Dysert. For some reason I think he's the one that gets overlooked a bit and then becomes the star out of the bunch.

But when it comes to Barkely. If Marrone and the FO get on the same page and really like him, then that's good enough for me, I'll be excited and let's go with it.