#22- Mike Glennon - QB

* denotes junior

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take Ogletree at 8. Nassib in the 2nd

That would be pretty sweet

I'd have to think that the Bills FO would be on pins and needles waiting to see if Nassib would fall to them in round 2. Probably similar to waiting for Cordy Glenn last year. That worked out well, maybe we can get lucky again. Let's hope.

The best approach for the Bills to take is to rank all the qbs and then take the highest rated qb on their board. The question to be asked is in two or three years which selection they make will have the most impact for the team? Most certainly it is going to be a qb.

If the Bills believe that there are a few reasonable qb picks who will be on the board in the second round then what happens if other teams maneuver ahead of us to snatch a coveted prospect? Buddy has suggested that that is what happened last year. This is the year to get a good qb prospect on the roster, even if that prospect is not going to play right away. The odds improve in your favor that drafting a qb prospect higher than lower will work out better.

I'm not wedded to any particular player. Tyler Wilson and Glennon are interesting prospects. Barkley might be the most ready to play right away but there are questions about his arm strength. Nassib seems like a Dalton type prosect. A tough heady player who has adequate physical tools but there is nothing special about him.

Without a doubt this year's draft is going to be extremely fascinating because it is going to give us some insight as to how this new regime operates. There comes a time when a staid organization has to be bold just for the sake of being different from the same cautious mentality that has not gotten us very far.

Wow so Glennon is the 1st QB and he's all the way at 22? I can't remember a draft in the past where the QB's were ranked so low. Figures, it's the year we are drafting one too

Yes - but, remember, any draft where there's a clear cut #1 QB like Luck, or Newton before him, always has the QB going first. Unless we have that pick, or can get it - like the Redskins did - then having one elite QB in the mix means little. Actually, I think the Bills luck out that we've decided to draft a QB this year, because there is no clear cut number 1 guy, but there are 7-10 QB's in this draft, and at least half of them are going to be decent starters in the NFL, I think. It allows Buffalo to maybe get better talent with their 1st pick, and STILL get a franchise QB later. I'd like to see us draft 2 QB's, and maybe before the end of the 4th round - so that we have a little more insurance that at least one of the young guys will pan out. And, it'd make for good camp competition. Either way, this is NOT a bad year for drafting QB's.

If he's there you really can't go wrong w/ Werner. He'd solidify the front 4 w/ a potential pro-bowler at every position.

It also wouldn't upset me to take Chance Warmack or DJ Fluker. I know neither is a position of need, but having a mauler on the right side would help the run game both in short yardage situations and protecting a lead late in the game, both of which have been weaknesses. Then draft Jalston Fowler next year to complement Spiller.