Argument against Fitz

Move on from Fitz asap, send a message to the team that mediocrity isn't acceptable. Fitz defines mediocrity. That is putting it as nicely as possible when talking about him. He blows and I hope I never have to watch him throw another pass in a Bills uniform.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what they are saying is unless we bring in sanchez or gabbert its gonna be pretty hard to be worse-off than fitz.

Ah, well, I think that can be debated, especially when factoring in chemistry. But I think we can all agree that Fitz isn't a top tier QB.

agree with your assessment. fitz is not good but i dont believe he was the reaosn we didnt make the playoffs. games we should have won with a better qb would have been the colts game and maybe the rams, thats all i can really think of. 8-8 would have still got us 2 games short

agree with your assessment. fitz is not good but i dont believe he was the reaosn we didnt make the playoffs. games we should have won with a better qb would have been the colts game and maybe the rams, thats all i can really think of. 8-8 would have still got us 2 games short

He also was responsible for the loss to the Titans and possibly

I have one thing to say lets look up how many times Fitz targeted a receiver over 15 yards down the field and give me the completion percentage. I don't have that stat handy (sure someone will) but I bet its abysmal. An Nfl QB cannot miss that many throws down field and some really badly and expect to keep defenses honest period.

Agree! The safetys were in the box all year no fear for the deep passing game!

Who did Fitzpatrick have "chemistry" with? I think I saw him hit a receiver in stride twice this year...

I think perhaps he had chemistry with quite a few of the players.....it was his lack of ability that prevented him hitting his receivers in stride more than twice this year IMO.

Why is it necessary to rehash this tired topic? Fitz has had three seasons to prove he was the answer. The results speak for themselves

I get that, but didn't a crap load of 49ers fans think exactly the same of Alex Smith? Enter, a coaching staff and a "KILLER DEFENSE", and "voila", Alex Smith has had a couple of good seasons in a row. Hmmm, now a crap load of Bills fans want Alex Smith as the Bills QB. I have no doubt how Smith would've done if he had been in Fitz shoes the past three seasons. Just as sucky as Fitz... just a better arm.

If Marrone believes he can win with Fitz the man so be it. It is his job that will be on the line.

There is no argument. Fitz isn't a quality starting QB in the nfl. If they decide they want to keep him to start a few games while a rookie QB waits til he's comfortable, they need to restructure his contract. I can't envision fitz not being restructured or cut before the march money kicks in. I'd keep him as a backup, but his future is on the bench in buffalo if I'm running the show. Marrone can't be as blind as chan.

Arm strength is definitely a question and he missed some open receivers this year, but does anyone who thinks he was the reason we lost the games we did have any idea how terrible our defense was in the entire history of our organization and the league. I am not saying that we should not let him go because we could do a lot with three million dollars and Levitre resigned, but that seems like a big gamble with Thigpen in the bullpen. We lost games because of our defense. Fitz didn't help his cause, but an average defense gets us at 8 and 8.

But if he is kept his contract needs to be overhauled completely the guy is expected to get 10.45 million this year counting his bonus at the beginning of the football year & i think we will all agree he's not worth that kind of a cap hit with Levetrie & Byrd needing to be signed !!

I get that, but didn't a crap load of 49ers fans think exactly the same of Alex Smith? Enter, a coaching staff and a "KILLER DEFENSE", and "voila", Alex Smith has had a couple of good seasons in a row. Hmmm, now a crap load of Bills fans want Alex Smith as the Bills QB. I have no doubt how Smith would've done if he had been in Fitz shoes the past three seasons. Just as sucky as Fitz... just a better arm.

If Marrone believes he can win with Fitz the man so be it. It is his job that will be on the line.

A HUGE difference is that Alex Smith can accurately throw a football beyond 15 yards.

But if he is kept his contract needs to be overhauled completely the guy is expected to get 10.45 million this year counting his bonus at the beginning of the football year & i think we will all agree he's not worth that kind of a cap hit with Levetrie & Byrd needing to be signed !!

The Fitz decision will be done fully on football matters. He counts $10 million agianst the cap whether he stays or is released. The Bills also owe him over $6 million in guaranteed real money, whether he stays or is released. It is not in his interest to renegotiate the contract, because he can pocket the money Bills owe him and probably collect at least $2-$3 million as a backup almost anywhere in the league.

Based on that, Bills are better off keeping him for 2013, dumping Thigpen and bringing in another QB to compete. The only way they should cut Fitz outright is if there's any chance to sign Flacco in the offseason or if they can trade for A Smith. But both of those will be known by the time free agency starts and Fitz's bonus is due.

The Fitz decision will be done fully on football matters. He counts $10 million agianst the cap whether he stays or is released. The Bills also owe him over $6 million in guaranteed real money, whether he stays or is released. It is not in his interest to renegotiate the contract, because he can pocket the money Bills owe him and probably collect at least $2-$3 million as a backup almost anywhere in the league.

Based on that, Bills are better off keeping him for 2013, dumping Thigpen and bringing in another QB to compete. The only way they should cut Fitz outright is if there's any chance to sign Flacco in the offseason or if they can trade for A Smith. But both of those will be known by the time free agency starts and Fitz's bonus is due.

I believe Alex Smith will be a free agent.

Arm strength is definitely a question and he missed some open receivers this year, but does anyone who thinks he was the reason we lost the games we did have any idea how terrible our defense was in the entire history of our organization and the league. I am not saying that we should not let him go because we could do a lot with three million dollars and Levitre resigned, but that seems like a big gamble with Thigpen in the bullpen. We lost games because of our defense. Fitz didn't help his cause, but an average defense gets us at 8 and 8.

The addition of an all-star defense would still leave us minus a competent QB. I don't want a QB that "has a great game" and we lose. I want a QB that wants to OUTSCORE the opponent. Or even better, a QB that wants to break records. I would love to be a fan of the team who doesn't let their foot off the gas and fake punts in the 4th qtr with a 21 point lead for a change.

Who did Fitzpatrick have "chemistry" with? I think I saw him hit a receiver in stride twice this year...

Fitz has great chemistry with Stevie, Chandler, FredEx, and Spiller. Doesn't mean he can throw the ball accurately.

I will say, I like that we have him for now. If we don't get a good FA pick up, and our draft doesn't pan out. At least we know we have a roughly average QB. Who knows, new coaching might be able to get more out of him. And if our offense leans on our running more, and our defense sucks less, things will be better to a point.

Roughly average is a compliment! Trash is the worst. He was never on a hot streak, he either Luke warm or liquid helium cold! The hardest part about watching the Bills lose on Sunday, was watching him jog on the field knowing nothing but bad could come from it! I would rather Marrone throw T. Jackson on the field if we had no other options. We can only hope we've seen the last of trash as we have, Gailey and that damn Wannstedt. I give Fitz trash this tho. The guy caused more debate than the presidential election..

Edited by Roc Bronson