Argument against Fitz

Doesn't your example reinforce what I was assuming?

Technically no. You were assuming that C2C effects the actual cap figuring......in particular how signing bonuses effect the cap. This isn't the case.

Try looking at it this way....

C2C is an additional cap that is self imposed by teams. They must still follow all of the rules and structures of the cap(which do not alter).....and on top of that they follow the rules and structures of C2C.

"The Cap" is the amount of theoretical dollars that a team is allowed to spend in a given year. This includes the yearly salary, special bonus, last years incentive bonuses, an equal fraction of the lump signing bonus & any flow through hit from players cut.(I think that covers most areas).

"Cash to Cap" is the amount of money that is paid out of the actual checkbook each year.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree that Fitz sucked at times under Gailey. There were other times he didn't play that badly. The Bills defense this year was far worse then Fitz.

I also factor in that a lot of that was Chan Gailey himself and the plays he called. For the last 3 years I've watched Chan trying to magically transform Fitz into Drew Brees / Tom Brady game after game by constantly calling pass plays from shotgun spread sets. Always putting the weakest player on the offense under the gun instead of controlling the game with a solid rushing attack. Kinda the reason the Bills went 16-32 under Gailey. I'm not defending Fitz, I'm more condemning Gailey.

Lets not forget the the 90's Buffalo Bills with Jim Kelly used the spread set and ran more then they passed most years.