Marrone's Text to players

A small note attached to a carrier pigeon.

Has there every been a bigger gulf between 50 and 60 then there is today? Or did Chan just appear older than he was? I mean Marrone is almost 50, and I think there was a thread here saying Chan just turned 60.

I am turning 50 in less than 5 months, and. I too think 60 as Chan displayed is old. God help me when I get there, my kids will barely be in their twenties, and most likely already discussing housing options for me and the wifey poo.

Edited by plenzmd1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there every been a bigger gulf between 50 and 60 then there is today? Or did Chan just appear older than he was? I mean Marrone is almost 50, and I think there was a thread here saying Chan just turned 60.

I am turning 50 in less than 5 months, and. I too think 60 as Chan displayed is old. God help me when I get there, my kids will barely be in their twenties, and most likely already discussing housing options for me and the wifey poo.

That's a good point, and an interesting thing to discuss.

I was in a meeting a couple months ago talking about the audience for a film, and brought up to this producer that someone who is 62 years old, and a grandmother or grandfather, was 18 years old in 1968, the height of the hippie years. And still seems like a younger thinking person who probably grew up smoking pot. Chan seems like a generation before that. Not that he was an old doddering fool, but just from an older generation.

Not trying to be a jerk, but the original post on this thread is copying and pasting the Buffalo News' entire blog post -- that is not OK. It is not legal. Providing a link at the end does not make it OK, as there the News' work has been taken and there is no reason for readers here to click that link.

Buffalo Bills head coach Doug Marrone texted an introductory note to his new players today.

A few of them passed it along to the Press Coverage blog to share with readers.

My first day on the job at One Bills Drive was certainly exciting and proved to be a very busy one as well. I apologize for not getting this out to you sooner. In the early part of this week I will be fully engaged in putting together our coaching staff, but I want to let you know that I am planning to be in the office later this week. So please stop by and say hello if you have the opportunity. If not, I look forward to hearing from you down the road when we have the staff in place.

I'm looking forward to gaining your trust and working hard to achieve our goals.

Coach Marrone

Thanks for posting!

I've posted numerous times here that Belichick and Gailey were born within 3 months of each other.

Belichick is not a good looking man but you'd guess he was 10 years Gailey's junior.

Not trying to be a jerk, but the original post on this thread is copying and pasting there Buffalo News' entire blog post -- that is not OK. It is not legal. Providing a link at the end does not make it OK, as there the News' work has been taken and there is no reason for readers here to click that link.

C'mon Sully, give it a rest!

I know it's impractical to call each guy, but it just seems so impersonal to send a mass text. I like Marrone and I know this is the way people communicate now, so I'm not judging. But it just seems... young?.. to me.

I'm betting the players dig it.

I'm really not meaning to make a big deal of it, but leaving out the apologyin the second sentence would've made for. much stronger statement.

I mean... these guys know what's it's like on a Day One thing when you go to a new team. You're busy doing admin stuff. You don't need to say you're sorry.