Package Jackson and our first + third round picks

If Buddy makes his pick at 8 with 13 minutes left on the clock, you'll know who is in charge. If they make a big trade, I'm not sure what any of us would do after we got back up. Prolly a solid mix of NOOOOOOs with HELL YESs.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These evaluations are all moot and/or academic at this point. Geno's stock has dropped. Glennon's has risen. We won't know much about what the FMV or inflated value of the QBs in the draft would be until the Senior Bowl and/or the Combine. Only then can you reasonably deduce if it's better to trade up or trade for a QB on another team.

Given RGIII's injury, I just don't see the Redskins trading Cousins this season unless the asking team is offering something ridiculous. Realistically, I think we're looking at the Alex Smiths and Matt Flynn's of the league. I'd like for us to keep Tavaris around to see what he can do and give him a real shot.

C

If we had a chance to move up in the draft to grab a good QB would you package Jackson plus our first and third to move up?

I feel Spiller needs the full time role, there are plenty of good backups on the market cheaper than Jackson

stupid is as stupid does.....

There isnt a QB worth such a trade in this years draft class.

this is the kind of trade the team takes a big step back.

You can draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd and he will have just as much luck as being anything as taking one in #1.

Washington was able to make such a trade last year (which went up due to a bidding war).....because they really werent that far from a playoff team. Their issue was with QB. They had a decent defense and had tools on offense....except for the QB.

The browns were actually smart in not making the trade.....as a result of the trade they wouldnt have drafted Richardson and they wouldnt have been able to draft Gordon in the supplemental draft.

We Could Trade Down & Still Get Geno Smith or Matt Barkley, Kansas City are not going to Draft a QB at least not in the 1st Round & neither is Jacksonville, They are Gonna Trade for Tebow

Tyler Wlison could be a late one or early two pick & Ryan Nassib could fall to a mid 3rd Round so there is options out there

I'm looking at the upcoming DraftTek mock right now, and my advice pre-combine is to wait.

Take value in the first staying put at #8 (top 2 WR's should be there along with 4 DT's and a CB).

Grab T Wilson or any of these guys in the 2nd:

Robert Woods

David Amerson

Logan Ryan

Nico Johnson

Chase Thomas

Stepfan Taylor

Travis Frederick

Then take OLB in the 3rd. I like Khaseem Greene OLB43 Rutgers there, but here's what's there at our pick in RD3:

Eddie Lacy RBF Alabama

Landry Jones QB Oklahoma (who I also like)

Phillip Thomas SS Fresno State

Corey Lemonier DE43 Auburn

Nickell Robey CB USC

The only way we move up to 1 or 2 is to package Spiller. And there's no QB worth that trade. No one cares about Jackson. As far as the NFL is concerned, he's done.

Tyler Wlison could be a late one or early two pick & Ryan Nassib could fall to a mid 3rd Round so there is options out there

It is extremely rare for a QB to fall. They go the opposite way, up. And when they do fall, it's because it's consensus among the GMs that he's likely a bust and that's pretty damning.

Edited by kas23

Trade up for who? They can trade back 8 spots, draft Barkely, pick up an extra second, then draft two LB's in the second, a TE in the third, and a true center in the fourth. Add another DB, and maybe even another QB in the 7th. Get your WR in FA. Resign Byrd and Levitre. That is your dream off-season.

I'm looking at the upcoming DraftTek mock right now, and my advice pre-combine is to wait.

Take value in the first staying put at #8 (top 2 WR's should be there along with 4 DT's and a CB).

Grab T Wilson or any of these guys in the 2nd:

Robert Woods

David Amerson

Logan Ryan

Nico Johnson

Chase Thomas

Stepfan Taylor

Travis Frederick

Then take OLB in the 3rd. I like Khaseem Greene OLB43 Rutgers there, but here's what's there at our pick in RD3:

Eddie Lacy RBF Alabama

Landry Jones QB Oklahoma (who I also like)

Phillip Thomas SS Fresno State

Corey Lemonier DE43 Auburn

Nickell Robey CB USC

What do you think the likelihood of either Te'o, J Jones, or B Werner sliding to 8 are?

It is extremely rare for a QB to fall. They go the opposite way, up. And when they do fall, it's because it's consensus among the GMs that he's likely a bust and that's pretty damning.

Its not extremely rare for a QB to fall, Aaron Rogers, Brett Favre & Dan Marino fell down, its mostly due to need & there are really only have 4 teams in need of a QB so the demand isn't high & after Smith & Barkley are gone look for the 2nd round to explode for QB's

Disagree completely. Kansas City & Jacksonville would likely be picking a QB. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets trade up to get a QB, either.

Besides, it's clear that Fred is the backup now. His value has dropped, even though he could still be considered a starter on a few other teams.

I can see Andy Reid go after Matt Flynn and trade for him from the Seahawks. Flynn is very familiar with the WCOr and Reid may believe that he can win with him. Flynn's contract is also much lower than what Alex Smtih would demand. What would Seattle ask. May be a 3rd rounder gets it done. Flynn can make all the throws.

Its not extremely rare for a QB to fall, Aaron Rogers, Brett Favre & Dan Marino fell down, its mostly due to need & there are really only have 4 teams in need of a QB so the demand isn't high & after Smith & Barkley are gone look for the 2nd round to explode for QB's

QB Needy teams

Kansas City - Cassel will be gone

Jacksonville - Gabbert is a joke, though not sure if they are going to spend the 2nd pick on another unknown over-hyped QB

Arizona - Definite need. Kolb is not the answer.

Cleveland - Is Weldon the answer

Buffalo - Fitzpatrick is definitely not the solution

Jets - Who do they go with ? Sanchez

Other semi-needy teams:

1. Tennessee Locker regressed this season. Can he salvage his career

2. Philadelphia - Is Foley the answer ? or do they go back to Vick

Now, potential QBs that could be available to be starters on teams

1. Alex Smith

2. Michael Vick

3. Flynn

4. Matt Cassell

5. Ryan Fitzpatrick

6. Kevin Kolb

Last season would have been the time to do that.

I would have traded my firstborn for either Luck or Griffin. But Chan and the FO had to ride Fitz all year for no reason even though we traded for another QB. Makes sense? Not in the least. I pray that was meddling RW's decision and not the current decision makers we'll have to live with

Edited by benderbender