Helpful Hints for new Bills Head Coach Doug Marrone

I wrote some things Doug Marrone should know about coaching the Bills before his first day on the job.

May he NOT make the same mistakes of the past:

http://www.thekickisgood.com/?p=4332

Nice job! Well done.

I love that photo with the fans invading the field and taking down the goal post. Totally amazing!

We need some of that mojo back around here in the worst way.

I love that photo with the fans invading the field and taking down the goal post. Totally amazing!

We need some of that mojo back around here in the worst way.

I am likely buried somewhere in that photo within 50' from where it was taken. :thumbsup:

When it is 3rd and 10, don't call a pass play for 5 yards. call for a pass route that gets at least 10 yards.

I always say this. But then Fitz throws a dump off to Spiller in the backfield on 3rd and 10 and he breaks it for a 60+ yeard TD.

Sometimes its not the play call, it is the execution (or lack thereof)

Don't draft a DB or RB with your first pick or you will be in Bill in NYC's dog house for the rest of your career

j/k

Seriously:

- be pragmatic in recommending draft picks without sticking to need or BPA

- Give straight responses to questions without being cute or condescending (unless you are responding to Sully)

- Trust your play makers such as Spiller, Mario, Gilmore and whichever QB you draft. Unchain them

- Make sure Byrd, Levitre don't hit the street

- Out-coach Bill Belichick and when the Pats* are down by a 3 scores late in the game, score a couple more TDs

Edited by Fan in Chicago