sven233

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, bills fans would be excited.

Definition of SARCASM

: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual

b : the use or language of sarcasm

Edited by BRAWNDO

Adam Schein likes the move.

http://www.nfl.com/n...=Twitter_Schein

Also brings up TBD's Next Great Debate until the draft.

Ryan Nassib at 8 Overall perhaps?

I'm too busy mancrushing Barrett Jones to think about Nassib at 8, but it is nice to see guys like Loomis, Payton, Coughlin and some former players speak highly of him. I just hope he can twist buddy's arm on some draft picks and has a clue to how to build a team.

I'm curious, who here wants the Bills and Marrone to fail?

I'll assume you're smarter than that post implies. Let's not drag down this thread; suffice it to say there's a vocal contingent who complain about every decision made because it's not what they were hoping for. Some arguments are reasoned and rational; some are sophomoric and inane.

At the end of the day, yes, I believe everyone posting in here as a Bills fan wants the team to succeed. We just go about expressing our fandom differently.

It's not that some people are always pleased. It's more like some don't treat it like it's life or death. The rational reaction is hope for success, not look for failure, especially at the very beginning.

PTR

It all depends on your point of view. I myself am a super pessimist: the glass isn't half empty it's filled with dog****. This organization sells hope every year. I did not like the hire, so I have decided not to buy this year. That doesn't mean I'm rooting for the team and Marrone to fail. I'm rooting for them to win the Superbowl. However, my expectations are we'll be drafting top five in 2014.

BTW I haven't read myself about anyone looking forward to the next coaching search although I could believe someone saying that sarcastically.

It all depends on your point of view. I myself am a super pessimist: the glass isn't half empty it's filled with dog****. This organization sells hope every year. I did not like the hire, so I have decided not to buy this year. That doesn't mean I'm rooting for the team and Marrone to fail. I'm rooting for them to win the Superbowl. However, my expectations are we'll be drafting top five in 2014.

BTW I haven't read myself about anyone looking forward to the next coaching search although I could believe someone saying that sarcastically.

First off, we inherently disagree on everything you said, and I'm not going to argue with you as you are just as entitled to your opinion as me, but I do have to give you credit for at least being honest about it.

Good points, I couldn't argue with a single one of them if I had wanted to.

When a new coach is hired, I try to find the positives - I look for the reasons OBD thought "This guy'll work."

Maybe it's because I can't control their decisions, but I don't get too wrapped up in it. They bring a guy in, and even if he wasn't my first choice (like Marrone), I try to read/hear/learn enough about the guy to get behind him. I did a fair amount of reading on Marrone and what he brings to the table, I liked what I read. The clincher for me was the presser. To me, he sounded like the type of guy Buffalo needs and I'm genuinely looking forward to see what this coming season hold for our team.

All that said, I'm a 44 year old Bills fan. I've been through many more lows than highs; my optimism is always guarded, I understand where you're coming from.

Nicely put, this could be about me too.

1) Bills fans have been burned a great deal by blind optimism. Remember "Yes we Chan!".

2) Gailey also had everyone singing his praises when he was hired. Cowher and Jerrah to name two. No one of consequence will speak bad of a coaching hire as it could come back to haunt them.

3) Marrone was 25-25 at SU. I know there can be more to it than record, but to date he is .500 for his lifetime as a head coach.

I choose to think he is a good hire and will probably make a good HC. But my optimism is kept in check by the facts above,

1) I think you confuse blind optimism with 'not blind pessimism'

2) Many sports personalities are critical of coaching hires that they think are poor. The positive remarks for Gailey weren't as widespread as they have been for Marrone. That doesn't mean anything about success, but the idea that people only say good things about coaching hires is silly.

3) He is .500 as a head coach. Certainly, a concern.

If the Bills take Nassib at #8, I will need Hunter Thompson-esuqe levels of "special" medication.

You say that like it's a bad thing!

I gotta believe Nassib's on their radar and they may actually wheel a deal a bit with the 8th selection to land him at a more reasonable slot, adding another pick in the process. I have a suspicion the old "stand pat and pick the BPA" approach may be another trend Brandon & Company break this year...

Frankly, I don't give two ***** if anybody likes, doesn't like, loves, or hates the new HC.

The fact of the matter is, he's the new Head Coach of our Buffalo Bills.

No amount of pissing and moaning is going to change that fact, and no amount of unearned adoration will make him a winner.

He's got the job. Now let's see him produce. It's up to him to assemble a coaching staff and get The Bills back to relevancy as quickly as possible. It might take more than a year, but his career trajectory is one that is headed upward - which is more than you can say for any retread out there today.

I don't need a glitzy name to make me root more for my team. All I want is production out of him, his coaches, his players and everyone associated with the on-field product. The trip on the road out of the cellar and to Championship begins NOW!

Go Bills!

Frankly, I don't give two ***** if anybody likes, doesn't like, loves, or hates the new HC.

No amount of pissing and moaning is going to change that fact, and no amount of unearned adoration will make him a winner.

He's got the job. Now let's see him produce. It's up to him to assemble a coaching staff and get The Bills back to relevancy as quickly as possible. It might take more than a year, but his career trajectory is one that is headed upward - which is more than you can say for any retread out there today.

I don't need a glitzy name to make me root more for my team. All I want is production out of him, his coaches, his players and everyone associated with the on-field product. The trip on the road out of the cellar and to Championship begins NOW!

Go Bills!

:thumbsup:

Go Bills!

There, I can give that a +1.

I'll assume you're smarter than that post implies. Let's not drag down this thread; suffice it to say there's a vocal contingent who complain about every decision made because it's not what they were hoping for. Some arguments are reasoned and rational; some are sophomoric and inane.

At the end of the day, yes, I believe everyone posting in here as a Bills fan wants the team to succeed. We just go about expressing our fandom differently.

Well that's good because some of the arguments supporting the hire have been reasoned and rational while others are blind or nonsensical. Perhaps now we can stop saying those who have a negative opinion about the hire are not really fans and just want the team to fail. And, like Nanker said, "Now let's see him produce."

Just out of curiosity, what is it that you do eball?