Bills hire Doug Marrone to be Head Coach

sven233

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit! It's a Brandon marketing choice and and an homage to his alma mater...not to mention a cost effective choice. Did the "no stone unturned" crew ask who the frick his DC and OC are gonna be? Shite...I'm trying to find a positive here and I can't. Can anyone talk me off the cliff?

Brandon didnt go to Syracuse. He went to St John Fisher

Dammit! It's a Brandon marketing choice and and an homage to his alma mater...not to mention a cost effective choice. Did the "no stone unturned" crew ask who the frick his DC and OC are gonna be? Shite...I'm trying to find a positive here and I can't. Can anyone talk me off the cliff?

Homage to his alma mater? What's the Marrone/St. John Fisher connection?

Wow. Thought you were just bitter. Apparently, you are more troll than anything else.

LS sometimes brings good stats and such but when it comes to analysis - he makes up his mind and sticks his fingers in his ears and yells "I can't hear any of you idiots" unless people agree, then he basks in the attention and confirmation of all the very smart people that agree.

No. He is the worst coach we could have hired.

I'd rather have Jauron back.

:lol:

Credibility rating with that statement falls to 0.000...

And I'm not even saying I love the Marrone choice...But Dead Dick Jauron?...0.00... B-)

I don't think you need your HC to be a Offensive or Defensive genius. Your HC should be able to develop the team in all three phases. He should be able to motivate the team and bring a sense of direction. In fact, I would prefer that our HC not call any plays and focus on the game as a whole.

I would agree, if he has the top OC and DC in the league then he will win games. Problem is, this guy has no credibility and he won't be able to get the top OC and DC out there to join his staff. At least with Lovie we would be guaranteed to have a top defense

Maybe its not a done deal............Sal Maiorana@salmaiorana

Just got text from Brandon - Marrone deal NOT done yet. Mostly done, but not complete. Might take all day. Marrone still candidate elsewhere

...this story is no different than Chip Kelly and the Browns...deal is mostly done, but not really because there are other offers still pending?

Listen. If he is the worst coach ever hired and the Bills continue their slide to the bottom, maybe we end up with Manziell or the next great QB. He is unknown and people are pissed. But I can tell you I was pissed when they hired Marv Levy.

My hopes for coach Marrone is to be one way or another. Be very good.....or awful.

It's all about the talent on the roster anyways.

This is an EPIC FAIL! Im so tired of being a Bills fan. Why do we bring in these guys that haven't won anything and then expect them to win something? This is a tragedy... :wallbash::bag:

answering your question with a question, if he had won anything, would we even have a chance at him?

No. He is the worst coach we could have hired.

I'd rather have Jauron back.

If that's the case, I'm assuming you believe every opponent the Bills play in 2013 will have an exponentially better coach. And with coaching as bad as Buffalo's, they'll be lucky to win 1 or 2 games this season, does that sound right to you?

What? You got him for a quarter of Kelly's asking price? Great job Rus.

Ralph

Please explain why For sure Kelly is a better coach or is it just because he was the hot coach? Oregon was a top 10 team before him & is bank rolled by Nike. Kelly runs a wide open no huddle offense, well Cuse does as well with kids a lot less talented than the blue chippers Oregon gets.

I have no idea who the better coach will be but it seems like some of u just are ripping the move because Marrone wasn't the name guy.

Let me ask you, did Marrone make huge coaching gaffes at SU? Blow timeouts? Did he leave better players on the bench in favor of some senior? Was his 2 minute drill ineffective? Was his teams ill prepared? Did SU play uninspired? I really would like to know.

They did NOT play uninspired. I'll give him that. He always had them up to play hard. But did he punt from the 40 yard line instead of going for 4th and 2? Yep. Did he not trust his kicker to make FG's? Yep. Did he have Nassib pass in many 3rd and short situations that should have been easy runs? Yep.

If that's the case, I'm assuming you believe every opponent the Bills play in 2013 will have an exponentially better coach. And with coaching as bad as Buffalo's, they'll be lucky to win 1 or 2 games this season, does that sound right to you?

Any given Sunday. Maybe 5 or 6 wins. Even Jauron won 7.

Edited by LiterateStylish

Different approach for certain. I was really expecting Whisenhunt or Lovie, both safer picks to at least bat 500 on the next season.

I do not know a whole lot about this coach, but I am most curious about who he will bring in as defensive coordinator - our offense has the tools to run the ball and we all know that it yet needs a NFL calibre QB to get to the next level.