Realistic Supporting Staff

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kromer and Carmichael are free agents in New Orleans that might want to get away from Payton and brees to show what they have....

Would love to see Carmichael come here, guy was a really good OC for the Saints. As far as DC I don't like the idea of Lovie Smith I think having a guy who wants to be HC take over the DC spot would be a mistake. While I wouldn't hate Lovie as DC I would see why they wouldn't want a guy like that.

Im more interested in who will be DC under Marrone than OC since Marrone has an offensive background. I dont think Lovie is unrealistic. His coaching options would seem to be limited to teams that run a 4-3. That rules out a number of teams. The Bills would be a good stop for a guy like Lovie. Though he may not get a HC gig this year, if he turns around the Bills defense he would be a prime candidate for a HC gig in the future. To me, the Bills are a great opportunity for Lovie's future, a team with some talent on D that was obviously coched down under Wanny.

This theory is a bit of fantasy.

But with enough reality that it may come to bear.

I would be delighted if Mr Smith comes to Buffalo.

That will take alot of finesse to pull off by Russ though

Edited by 3rdand12

Oh, forgive me for not having read every single post in the thread. I hope that you won't ban me from the board.

There are some people here that need to work on being a lot less snotty. Nobody thinks these smart-ass comments are funny.

You're the rude one. You make people read your post without the coutesy of seeing if someone else made the same post. Waisting the folks readings time. What's snotty is saying I don't have to read every post to see if this has been said, I'm so important they can just read it again from me if it had.

Names? I can't say I've seen more than a few plays from cuse (bowl games)

Hackett is the OC, and used to work for the Bills in a quality control capacity. Shafer is the DC who shut down Gino Smith and Co. My guess is that Hackett, who is only 33, is the next Cuse HC. Shaffer would be a good get if Lovie is not available. Runs a lot of blitz packages and lots of pre-snap movement. VERY different from the vinalla D we have seen around here the past few years.

Most people agree Lovie is a stretch to down grade from HC to DC?

Absolutely but if he takes the Bills DC Job and turns them into a top ten defense, he will be a hot prospect for 2014 HC Jobs, I know wishful thinking.

OC = Ted Marchbroda

DC= Walt Corey

So much for the youth movement at OBD...

Pete Carmicheal and Ted Cottrel

More realistically, Alex Van Pelt has a better chance of becoming our OC. Would run a West Coast type system. in line with Maronne's system. Ted Cottrell is way past his prime. Is the guy even coaching anymore? Don't know. The guy whom I think would be a good DC here would be Joe Vitt. I think Carmichel would be great, but if you were going to be a OC in either NO or the Buff, I can't see him wanting to leave NO. Vitt yes, because it's a promotion, but Carmichel would not move laterally. I would be intrigued by AVP. I understand he is a good young up and coming coach in this league.

More realistically, Alex Van Pelt has a better chance of becoming our OC. Would run a West Coast type system. in line with Maronne's system. Ted Cottrell is way past his prime. Is the guy even coaching anymore? Don't know. The guy whom I think would be a good DC here would be Joe Vitt. I think Carmichel would be great, but if you were going to be a OC in either NO or the Buff, I can't see him wanting to leave NO. Vitt yes, because it's a promotion, but Carmichel would not move laterally. I would be intrigued by AVP. I understand he is a good young up and coming coach in this league.

Carmichael wouldn't be a lateral move: he's currently unemployed. I like our former OC Van Pelt and all, but no thanks.

Carmichael wouldn't be a lateral move: he's currently unemployed. I like our former OC Van Pelt and all, but no thanks.

That's great than. Carmichael would be a good pick up. Still like AVP. The staff he was on with the Bills sucked, but I thought he was good enough to be there. Now with some more coaching under his belt plus working with McCarthy, he could work out.

And in fact is about to get play calling duties taken away.

And I know he isn't thrilled about being passed on for interim coach while they went with kromer for a month then vitt - instead of him all year

His first stint as OC here was enough for me.

I think Williams may be done due to it appears he was the guy naming names in the whole Bountygate thing. Could be wrong but seemed the NFL's whole case was based around him "coming clean" If that is the case, then doubt players would want to play for him or even for him to hire assistants as again appeared he kind of threw them under the bus.

Maybe I'm completely off base here, but if I'm not, then hes done.

Yes. His results can. Did you see the saints d get worse each year. He comes in with fire but gets predictable and..... I don't even know why I'm seriously replying...,

I think Williams may be done due to it appears he was the guy naming names in the whole Bountygate thing. Could be wrong but seemed the NFL's whole case was based around him "coming clean" If that is the case, then doubt players would want to play for him or even for him to hire assistants as again appeared he kind of threw them under the bus.

Maybe I'm completely off base here, but if I'm not, then hes done.

He's changed his story a few times but best I can gather is the nfl brought cerullos info and likely some bluffing about how much they had and he responded with what amounted to "it was everyone but me - but I understand I should've stopped it" more or less. No way anyone trusts him in a locker room again.