Realistic Supporting Staff

Gre(g) Williams has been a good, not great coordinator.

Overrated IMO.

And as a person he's reprehensible. Dishonest, arrogant, self-interested.

I don't want that POS anywhere near the Bills. If you think he's the answer you're not looking deeply enough

Why did Jeff Fisher decide not to retain him?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gre(g) Williams has been a good, not great coordinator.

Overrated IMO.

And as a person he's reprehensible. Dishonest, arrogant, self-interested.

I don't want that POS anywhere near the Bills. If you think he's the answer you're not looking deeply enough

Why did Jeff Fisher decide not to retain him?

Agree with everything you said about Greggggggg.

As far as Fisher not retaining him, I don't think the NFL gave him a choice because of Bountygate.

Agree with everything you said about Greggggggg.

As far as Fisher not retaining him, I don't think the NFL gave him a choice because of Bountygate.

The thing is, Rams sources are saying Greg(g) won't be back even if he's reinstated by the NFL. And they just fired his arrogant a-hole son too.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8804050/suspended-defensive-coordinator-gregg-williams-return-st-louis-rams-according-sources

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/blake-williams-firing-may-forecast-gregg-s-fate-with-the/article_4d8cd0b2-4a81-5703-a436-8ecf93ff4966.html

Who's gonna run special teams? Haven't heard a thing mentioned there.

I like Carmichael as I saw him do a good job in NO the past few years. the issue there is that he had Brees. That makes up for some shortcomings that a coach may have. When Drew was out, the O was a bit stagnant. If the QB (Chase Daniel) was off, they didn't utilize Ingram as well as one would hope. We all know that the Bills top weapon is CJ and our next OC better be a guy who gets that and knows what to do with him.

Yeah the other 15 people that mentioned him in this thread want him back too.

Oh, forgive me for not having read every single post in the thread. I hope that you won't ban me from the board.

There are some people here that need to work on being a lot less snotty. Nobody thinks these smart-ass comments are funny.

Edited by OldTimer1960

His D-coordinator at SU was Scott Shafer....not saying he will come along with Dougie Fresh (he may be offered the head job at SU or somewhere else) but I dont think he would be a bad choice at all

- was the d-cord at Stanford under Harbaugh, Harbaugh said he was "one of the most creative defensive minds in football" - of course his friend would talk him up, however, Stanford had a top 10 D in the country under Shafer

- d-cord at SU, brought them from in the 120's in total defense to a top 20 unit...

his self described defensive style is: "Scheme is overrated, I've always believed that. What's not overrated is getting your kids to play with great effort, great attitude and great enthusiasm. Those are things we can control on a daily basis, and that will be my primary goal. . . . The philosophy of our defense is attack-oriented, attack and react. We want to be a defense this is multiple, that is always putting pressure and forcing the hand of the offense. We want to be a penetrating defense. If you're going to (ask) what our objectives are? The one thing we want to do is stop the run, force them to throw the ball on first down, create negative plays on first down . . . and get ourselves in position to force them to throw the ball. Get them one-dimensional. We don't want to be a defense that sits back. We want to be a defense that creates turnovers and scores touchdowns"

It does look as if he fits the mold of "balls so big they scrape the ground when he walks

Who's gonna run special teams? Haven't heard a thing mentioned there.

I like Carmichael as I saw him do a good job in NO the past few years. the issue there is that he had Brees. That makes up for some shortcomings that a coach may have. When Drew was out, the O was a bit stagnant. If the QB (Chase Daniel) was off, they didn't utilize Ingram as well as one would hope. We all know that the Bills top weapon is CJ and our next OC better be a guy who gets that and knows what to do with him.

Drew hasn't missed a start the last few years....

Just one note with Carmichael: He only coached for one year while Marrone was in New Orleans, so it doesn't mean they know each other well.

Qb coach, and promoted to passing game coordinator - spent 3 years together.

Carmichael also an assistant in SD while buddy was there, fwiw (worth very little possibly)

Don't think coaches that come over from other teams can't make parallel moves, i.e., an OL coach from one team taking the same job with another. Teams circumvent that somewhat by naming the guy an assistant HC like the Bills did with Bill Kollar a few years ago.