Realistic Supporting Staff

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll nominate Raheem Morris as defensive coordinator. He's young, high energy, did a nice job in Washington this year. And could give Marrone some added NFL insight without threatening his job. Maybe just opposite the failed Dave Wannstedt enough to get the players on dee to wake up and play w/ some passion.

Most likely you're looking at hires at assistant positions where they have some connection to Marrone.

That's the way it generally works so you have to connect the dots.

A lot of this speculation is unrealistic. Just saying.

I tried looking online for team media guides for the Jets and Saints teams which Marrone was a member of but I couldn't find those.

I was interested to find out who else Marrone coached with in the NFL besides Herm Edwards, Sean Payton, Paul Hackett, Donnie Henderson, Dennis Allen, Pete Carmichael, etc.

Most likely you're looking at hires at assistant positions where they have some connection to Marrone.

You also have to look at his former bosses and fellow coaches at his old spots and see who they may recommend. Payton, Edwards, guys on their staffs, etc.

Most people agree Lovie is a stretch to down grade from HC to DC?

that is the way it works....failed HC take coordinator jobs.

I tried looking online for team media guides for the Jets and Saints teams which Marrone was a member of but I couldn't find those.

I was interested to find out who else Marrone coached with in the NFL besides Herm Edwards, Sean Payton, Paul Hackett, Donnie Henderson, Dennis Allen, Pete Carmichael, etc.

Dont forget the friends of friends.....Sean Payton came from the Giants so there could be some people who came from those branches.

Good article outlining his connections

http://www.buffaloru...tree-influences

THIS is awesome!

Thanks Erik. Much needed stuff.

"Lovie Smith ran the linebackers from 1993 to 1994 in Knoxville - so yes, Marrone has worked with Smith in the past."

I wonder if the Buffalo News will be able to put together a piece anywhere near as comprehensive and well-researched as this one.

Kudos to the writer, Matt Warren.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

i just linked this article in the main thread and someone has already decided there isn't anyone worth bringing in on that list.... :wallbash:

The main thread is useless for intelligent conversation.

No one is listening. Any good post quickly gets buried by the white noise of uninspired thought.

you are right, but i am a masochist i guess....but i also get it...when i first heard the news i was less than enthused...and i am a SU homer...but as it has sunk in i am liking it more each moment

The main thread is useless for intelligent conversation.

No one is listening. Any good post quickly gets buried by the white noise of uninspired thought.

Don't think coaches that come over from other teams can't make parallel moves, i.e., an OL coach from one team taking the same job with another. Teams circumvent that somewhat by naming the guy an assistant HC like the Bills did with Bill Kollar a few years ago.

Carmichael is unemployed, fyi

I connect the dots as follows:

Bills interviewed Lovie already + Marrone tied to Lovie at Tenn. + Lovie runs a 4-3 = Bills going hard after Lovie as DC.

Interesting, although their time at Tennessee didn't overlap.

also keep in mind that Marrone's DC at SU is widely thought to be Marrone's replacement, so you can take him out of the equation...then lovie brings Urlacher along with him and BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!

I connect the dots as follows:

Bills interviewed Lovie already + Marrone tied to Lovie at Tenn. + Lovie runs a 4-3 = Bills going hard after Lovie as DC.