One QB prospect I haven't heard much about...

nodnarb

Zac Dysert, Miami of Ohio. I'd be happy if we drafted him even as high as the 2nd round. Good size, big arm, quick release, tough kid, had NO talent around him (check out the highlights of the Ohio State game and count how many drops his receivers had. I think it's about 20.) AND he had to learn multiple systems in his tenure. Smart, quality kid who can escape pressure a la Roethlisberger. I think he's a sleeper who will rise up the board the same way last year's sleeper QBs did.

The first I've heard of him, but I have to admit, he looked good against Ohio State. Can make all the throws; throws well on the run and across his body; saw some shoulder fakes and he looked off the safeties; seemed hard to bring down. Sort of reminds me of #12's throwing style. I'd be happy taking him.

Zac Dysert, Miami of Ohio. I'd be happy if we drafted him even as high as the 2nd round. Good size, big arm, quick release, tough kid, had NO talent around him (check out the highlights of the Ohio State game and count how many drops his receivers had. I think it's about 20.) AND he had to learn multiple systems in his tenure. Smart, quality kid who can escape pressure a la Roethlisberger. I think he's a sleeper who will rise up the board the same way last year's sleeper QBs did.

We've discussed Dysert a bit...Personally I really like what I've seen of him, though admittedly I have only seen a couple games...The main knock I've seen written about him here has to do with Miami's record...Which is actually a valid point because QB's with poor College records rarely excel in the NFL...But I still like the kid...He makes some really incredible throws at times, and from what I've read he was basically the OC on the field for Miami of Ohio... B-)

Go back to your day job he threw behind and over and out of bounds constantly

He also put it between multiple defenders had wr's stop running routes,multiple drops, and showed an ability to put the ball in a tight window, nice touch on some deep throws, great mobility, and had defenders in his face all gamesoo yea, try to watch the whole video...........It might help. And you did notice arizona won right?

Edited by mob16151

He also put it between multiple defenders had wr's stop running routes,multiple drops, and showed an ability to put the ball in a tight window, nice touch on some deep throws, great mobility, and had defenders in his face all gamesoo yea, try to watch the whole video...........It might help. And you did notice arizona won right?

Very unimpressive highlight video.

Very unimpressive highlight video.

Its not a highlight video, its every throw from that game.........................

Edit: I dont like highlight videos, you can make any player look like the greatest ever, I prefer to see every play I can from a prospect. The good and the bad.

Edited by mob16151

Why does poster after poster find it necessary to compare QBs to their alma mater counterparts? Just because the guy went to the same school as Roethlisberger, does not make him Big Ben. Just because Barkley went to USC does not mean that he is the same QB as Leinert, Sanchez, Palmer, etc.

Big Ben threw for 4,500 yards and 37 TDs his final year at Miami on route to a 13-1 record his final (Jr.) year. Dysert has thrown for 3,500 and 25 TDs (while throwing more INTs) in his SR season with a 4-8 record including a loss to UB. I don't care who else is on your team, if you're a QB in the MAC and only win 4 games as a SR you are not an NFL quality QB.

Can we start using our heads a little please.

He looked awful at UB this season but it was a wet, windy day, so maybe I didn't get the full Dysert experience. I've paid attention to him though and he has had a nice career. Maybe he could be the 2nd QB the Bills draft because I'm hoping they go for two.

Its not a highlight video, its every throw from that game.........................

Edit: I dont like highlight videos, you can make any player look like the greatest ever, I prefer to see every play I can from a prospect. The good and the bad.

The point still stands that it was very unimpressive.

This guy quarterbacked a 4-8 team in the MAC - why would we want to select this guy as our franchise qb? I just don't understand that.

The very least I want someone with some type of winning pedigree

Edited by tito1

I've been touting him for the last 2 or 3 months...dude is going to be a stud in this league...he is Big Ben Jr.

Watch the tape of him against the Buckeyes this year. He is a gunslinger, pocket passer with a very quick release, a very strong arm, and has the ability to throw on the run both to his left and right. He threw some sweet passes in that game, kept a lot of plays alive, and started to take more chances the more they fell behind in the game, which lead to a couple of interceptions.

He didn't benefit from a decent WR corp, because they dropped a ton of balls in the game. Out of all the guys I have seen on tape in the draft this year, he has been the best of the bunch thus far and the most fun to watch because he takes chances and keeps plays alive while constantly looking down field.

I could see his stock rising after a strong Senior Bowl performance and Pro-Day.

Are you serious about Scott? I only watched about 3 min. I couldn't take it any more. He locks on to the first receiver, everything is out of the shotgun, he completes throws to receivers that are out of bounds. There was nothing that sold me on taking him even with the final pick of the draft.

Are you serious about Scott? I only watched about 3 min. I couldn't take it any more. He locks on to the first receiver, everything is out of the shotgun, he completes throws to receivers that are out of bounds. There was nothing that sold me on taking him even with the final pick of the draft.

Yea you really should have watched the whole film. Scott IMO is just as a good a prospect as Foles.

Yea you really should have watched the whole film. Scott IMO is just as a good a prospect as Foles. For those with add lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.