Per CBSSports, Bills coaching candidate names emerging...

Big Turk

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be ecstatic with the selection of Chip Kelly, having said that, I don't believe he would come here and how would Quentin Groves have any idea of this being the outcome?

groves is a fool. so theres that.

best guess, if he has anything, is that he either saw them with Chip, or heard that they would be talking to him.

best case for us is he heard a coach say "yea but i think that they are interested in Kelly"

Edited by NoSaint

What comes to my mind when I hear these two things: The Bills have a list, AND, the Bills say they'll offer a contract to the first guy that appeals to them - IF I were looking to fill a position and really believed I'd offer the first guy a job that I liked, I would be certain to interview the BEST options FIRST! Doing anything else only suggests ONE thing - they don't know who they want, or who fits a mold they would like! That scares me! Why? Because, if I'm interviewing for a job, I would go almost 100% on JOB PERFORMANCE, NOT on how well someone interviews! I mean, if they can't look at WHAT guys have done with their teams, and decide who they'd like to have doing that same stuff with them, and instead are just throwing names out to fill up a list, that sounds really lost to me. They've got to have a few guys who they really want - and, there can only be 2 factors in that, the money they'd demand, or how good a coach they are.

Tell me, if you were looking to fill a coaching position in the NFL, wouldn't you immediately look to interview Cowher, Gruden, some of the best Coordinators, and then a few top College H.C.'s - only THE BEST.

I don't know exactly what they're thinking at OBD, but I will be able to tell you if the coach they do hire is "one of the best available", or if it's just more of the same around here.

I hear what you are saying.

But what if they secured an interview with somebody like John Gruden, but he wasn't available until next week? And at the same time, the guys on the Arizona coaching staff (along with Chip Kelly) were available Tuesday and Wednesday?

Just saying.

I'd be ecstatic with the selection of Chip Kelly, having said that, I don't believe he would come here and how would Quentin Groves have any idea of this being the outcome?

Don't know exactly.

All the principals (the Bills FO, Chip Kelly, Whisenhunt, Horton, Grimm, Groves, etc) are in Arizona right now so word gets around.

Groves plays for the Cards and is probably close to his coordinator Ray Horton. Whisenhunt has interviewed with the Bills.

Chip Kelly would be an idiot to coach the Bills.

low pressure spot to take a shot at his system?

not every single call would lead on sportscenter every single week, like if he was in a bigger market?

there could be some appeal

I hear what you are saying.

But what if they secured an interview with somebody like John Gruden, but he wasn't available until next week? And at the same time, the guys on the Arizona coaching staff (along with Chip Kelly) were available Tuesday and Wednesday?

Just saying.

Great point.

Some people aren't taking into consideration the logistics of the hiring window.

There are some coaches preparing for Bowl games, some involved in the NFL playoffs.

You don't simply interview the guys on the top of your list first. That's not always possible.

Chip Kelly would be an idiot to coach the Bills.

Wow Dork.

Take it easy.

Right, obviously I wouldn't expect Groves to "be in the know" but with the Bills talking to all his coaches its not impossible that he talked to them about their interviews as friends. I am by no way saying we should all be hitting f5 due to his random tweet to shefter, but its not impossible for him to have an idea.

not every single call would lead on sportscenter every single week, like if he was in a bigger market?

I just don't see why a "Golden Boy" would choose a team with such a depressing history. Especially in a division that faces the Patriots twice a year.

CJ Spiller is also the perfect back for Kelly's offense.

I just don't see why a "Golden Boy" would choose a team with such a depressing history. Especially in a division that faces the Patriots twice a year.

oh, i get it, i was just playing a bit of devils advocate. we assume a lot about what these guys think, but its possible hes into the idea of turning it around, a smaller market... not saying it to be true, just that we dont know that its not. (terrible logic, i know - just an attempt to not assume whats in his head)

You're probably right, but that wouldn't make him an "idiot". There are some intriguing aspects to choosing the Bills, they do have a young, strong offensive line. An incredibly dynamic RB that could be a huge weapon in the passing game and a very solid WR, and on the Defensive side, a defensive line that on paper has the potential to be one of the best along with some very good pieces at DB.

Also, we have no clue now how Russ Brandon will run this team, he may make an intriguing pitch that could entice a coach to come over here. After all, he is a salesman, probably much better than Nix ever was.

You're probably right, but that wouldn't make him an "idiot". There are some intriguing aspects to choosing the Bills, they do have a young, strong offensive line. An incredibly dynamic RB that could be a huge weapon in the passing game and a very solid WR, and on the Defensive side, a defensive line that on paper has the potential to be one of the best along with some very good pieces at DB.

Also, we have no clue now how Russ Brandon will run this team, he may make an intriguing pitch that could entice a coach to come over here. After all, he is a salesman, probably much better than Nix ever was.

"i get what your doing and its what i want our identity to be" may go a far way if other gms only tell him "i get what your doing and we would incorporate aspects into our philosophy"

Ask yourselves this question:

Which coach gives us the best chance to WIN THE SUPERBOWL THIS YEAR ?

Answer: NO COACH (save Belicheat and only if Brady came with him) could win the Superbowl Next season with this Bills team. Even with a new QB.