Per CBSSports, Bills coaching candidate names emerging...

Big Turk

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-Whisenhunt

-Horton

-Grimm

-Chip Kelly

-Hue Jackson

-Doug Marrone

-Lovie Smith

-Mike McCoy

Bills apparently already interviewed Whisenhunt and Horton yesterday and are interviewing Grimm today.

http://www.cbssports...coaching-search

I guess that meets the Rooney rule with Horton.

Now they can hire who they want, including Horton.

The two on that list that make me the most unhappy are Whisenhunt and Grimm. Was AZ's offense something to emulate? Were they involved in the decision to hand the reins to Kolb? Were they involved in the decision to not have a decent backup QB?

Too much sounds too familiar.

The two on that list that make me the most unhappy are Whisenhunt and Grimm. Was AZ's offense something to emulate? Were they involved in the decision to hand the reins to Kolb? Were they involved in the decision to not have a decent backup QB?

I think those are a courtesy because of Whaley's ties to them.

the problem, much like here, is they had too many decent backups.

they were kind of the opposite end of the spectrum from us and took a chance on every guy they could get a hand on it seems. they were players in every qb the last few years. but much like us, at the top picks, were on the outside looking in on the good first round prospects.

i know this draft gets beat up for qbs, but i think for a team picking outside the top 2, its as good if not better than some of the recent ones.

(not advocating, just thinking outloud on their situation)

Edited by NoSaint

I was kinda thinking the same thing? That team, especially the offense was just as bad as ours was, so what is the attraction to them? They had maybe the best receiver in the NFL (or close to it) and couldn't get him the ball with at least one QB (Kolb) who is better then Fitz. Just don't understand it?

meh, PFT. What does the East Aurora Pennysaver think?

i know they long had a terrible reputation, but florio has gotten about as good as anyone else.

i know during free agency he ruffled feathers with his mario stuff, but in general - hes gotten to be about on par with(if not better than) a lot of the big boys (many of whom have diluted their talent and standards the last few years).

Buffalo Rumblings reporting that Whisenhunt is the lead candidate and that per Ian Rappaport's tweet "Interest is high on both sides"

Probably so, this team has had an infatuation with coaches with links to the Steelers for awhile. Guess they don't get that bringing in one coach isn't going to result in what an entire classy organization can accomplish.

Hopefully the real reason they are in Arizona is to interview Chip Kelly.

I was kinda thinking the same thing? That team, especially the offense was just as bad as ours was, so what is the attraction to them? They had maybe the best receiver in the NFL (or close to it) and couldn't get him the ball with at least one QB (Kolb) who is better then Fitz. Just don't understand it?

You obviously didn't see Kolb play!

Of this list this is how I'd rank 'em:

-Chip Kelly

-Lovie Smith

-Mike McCoy

-Horton

-Grimm/Hue Jackson

-Doug Marrone

-Whisenhunt

I would hope there are other candidates such as the OC/DC from Cinci., and others, but Whisenhunt would be the worst.

id swap whisenhunt and grimm, and call Kelly just a total wildcard that i dont know where to place (dont claim to know enough about him or his systems, but generally like him in theory).