Anybody Pulling for Chan?

judman

It was time for Chan to go, no question. That being said, I liked Chan, he seems like a good man. To my knowledge there were no major gaffes such as Jauron's "It's hard to win in the NFL." The players seemed to speak very favorably of him as well. Hell, Stevie even sounded choked up on his WGR interview.

In his comments the other day he said he would be 'pulling for' the Bills. I'd like to see him have some success as a coordinator somewhere. I don't think he is going to be a HC in the near future at the NFL level, and he is no spring chicken. That being said, best of luck to Chan.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. Other than his results on the field, I liked everything about the guy. Class act all the way. Remember his "you insult one of us, you insult all of us" tirade against some dumbass teenagers at his first training camp?

Yes, I'll root for him. I think he is suited to be a great offensive coordinator. Head coach and OC at the same time? No. But he really had to go. He didn't adjust, and got stubbor with certain things that he shouldn't have, and also had some influence in bad personnel decisions (Ruvel martin, anyone?).

Good guy, though. Straight shooter in press conferences. Owned his mistakes. I like to root for the good guys.

He may have been over his head as th head coach/offensive coordinator but he came across as a stand up man. He was a gentleman and was respected and liked by the team. I wish him well in his future endeavors. He realized, without bitterness, his firing was not personal, just business. That speaks volumes about his character.

There were several major gaffes -- but working hard and caring were not two of them. It's possible Chan could get an OC gig somewhere, but I don't see him landing another HC job in the NFL.

If Lovie hadn't been fired in Chicago, Chan would have been a great fit there as OC. He disguises OL weaknesses with short passing and IMO, would have been the missing piece there.

Best wishes, Chan.

I kind of hope the next HC brings him back as OC or play developer, or something. But I know that won't happen for a variety of reasons.

If Lovie hadn't been fired in Chicago, Chan would have been a great fit there as OC. He disguises OL weaknesses with short passing and IMO, would have been the missing piece there.

Best wishes, Chan.

I have a feeling unless we make a major FA splash in the off season, we are going to have a *really* bad offense next year. Partially due to our line being unable to protect a passer for more than 3 steps/seconds.

Absolutely, by all accounts he's a decent man. What did he ever do to us? Why wouldn't you pull for him. Now Wanny, I hope he gets run over and flattened by a fullback pulling through the wide open hole in his d-line. He, or his defense, is why the Bills were such a disappointment this year.

Best wishes, Chan.

You need a qb who wants to do that too, and Cutler doesn't strike me as the type. I know big ben has issues with the short passing game and doesn't really want to do it. Probably another reason Chan thought Fitz could get it done.

Chan will get another job sooner than later, I wish him all the best and I hope the next guy can get better results on the offensive side but I think it will be tough.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

He won't starve. He's getting paid one more year anyway. Most of us would be set for life with just one year of an NFL coaches salary. But Chan could get a job if he wants. Maybe not in the NFL but at a college. I hope he does well.

PTR