Russ Brandon named President/CEO

Wagon Circler

31 other GMs passed on Russel Wilson multiple times. Actually I think only the Redskins and Raiders based on him less than twice.

Yet another poor (borderline stupid) excuse by a Buffalo Bills fan who will excuse this inept front office in any way possible. Let's go with the facts: Russell Wilson was a projected 3rd-4th rounder. Let's take a look at the teams drafting in the 3rd round (in order) leading up to the Russell Wilson pick. Buddy Nix stands out in this list as a truly inept GM. While most franchises either already had a good QB situation or had already brought in a developmental QB onto the roster, Buddy Nix felt that a track star receiver was a higher value. See below:

1. Indianapolis: Drafted Andrew Luck and were targeting Wilson with their second 3rd rounder (see Schefter article)

2. St. Louis: Already have young QB on the roster. (Bradford)

3. Minnesota: Already have a young QB on the roster (Ponder)

4. Denver: No QB need. Signed Peyton Manning to $96M contract. Spent 2nd round pick on Brock Osweiler.

5. Houston: No QB need. Committed to Schaub and drafted QB TJ Yates last year, who started and won a playoff game for them.

6. Buffalo: Inept, out-of-touch General Manager who is better suited in a scouting role.

7. Jacksonville: Already have young QB on the roster. GM was fired. (Gabbert)

8. Washington: Drafted RGIII. Targeted Russell Wilson with their next pick (see Schefter article)

9. Miami: Drafted Tannehill

10. San Diego: Committed to Philip Rivers. Also signed Charlie Whitehurst. Fired GM.

11. Kansas City: Could have used a young QB. That's why front office is getting cleaned out.

12. Seattle: Hired a good young GM from the outside and it is paying dividends.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that Buddy Nix assigned a 4th round grade to the height issue when others assigned a 3rd round grade to it means very, very little concerning his abilities as a GM and talent evaluator.

I disagree strongly with this statement. Buddy himself stated that he recognized his talent and would have taken him in the 4th round. That's the sign of a good scout. And that's why Buddy Nix is an asset to this organization (as a scout)

A GM is able to take that information, synthesize it, and determine the player's value in the context of his roster composition and the expected value that other NFL teams are likely to place on the player. This is where Buddy falls short and that is a big, big problem in the GM role. Love Buddy to death, just not as the GM.

I disagree strongly with this statement. Buddy himself stated that he recognized his talent and would have taken him in the 4th round. That's the sign of a good scout. And that's why Buddy Nix is an asset to this organization (as a scout)

A GM is able to take that information, synthesize it, and determine the player's value in the context of his roster composition and the expected value that other NFL teams are likely to place on the player. This is where Buddy falls short and that is a big, big problem in the GM role. Love Buddy to death, just not as the GM.

You're taking the reality of the situation and player completely out of the picture. As stated above, everyone thought Wilson had first round talent. Everyone. The ONLY ONLY issue was how much his 5'11" height would prevent him from playing at the high level. That isn't a talent evaluation problem it's a once in a lifetime decision over whether or not this one guy is going to get his lanes blocked and passes blocked because he is not tall enough. Every GM had that exact same read. The only issue was HOW MUCH is that going to affect Wilson. Some GMS thought a good amount, so he lasted until the third. Other GMs thought, like NIx, a little more than a good amount, so they thought a 4th. It's a fluke proposition because of the unique situation with Russell Wilson. And you're just ignoring it. Everyone everywhere that watched him thought he was tremendous.

http://www.cbssports.../russell-wilson

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Furthermore, Russell Wilson was a complete aberration and that was known to everyone around the league. He had a physical issue that would never change. EVERYONE loved him as a prospect and with very good reason. The ONLY issue whatsoever with Russell Wilson was whether or not his height would not allow him to play in the NFL the way he did in college. That was the only issue, otherwise he is a top 5 #1 pick, and all GMs had to make the determination of whether or not you want a 6'0" QB.

He had a cannon, he was incredibly smart, he had huge hands, he had accuracy short medium and long, he could run, he was a great leader, he was a winner, he played professional sports, he was a film geek, a great personality and everyone loved him. There was nothing about Russell Wilson not to love except his height. The fact that Buddy Nix assigned a 4th round grade to the height issue when others assigned a 3rd round grade to it means very, very little concerning his abilities as a GM and talent evaluator.

I've said it before here. People should really take Russell Wilson out of all conversations regarding draft order because he is a total fluke.

Yeah. And Brady is a fluke to the Pats. Where can we get one of those "flukes".

Yeah. And Brady is a fluke to the Pats. Where can we get one of those "flukes".

Are you suggesting that the Pats knew Brady would be good? ;)

I'd love one of those flukes myself. It doesn't make your GM an idiot for not recognizing flukes.

I'm not just sticking up for Buddy either. I'd be happy if Whaley took over right now. I just don't think he should take as much blame as he is getting here for not recognizing Russell Wilson. It was a completely unique set of circumstances.

You're taking the reality of the situation and player completely out of the picture. As stated above, everyone thought Wilson had first round talent. Everyone. The ONLY ONLY issue was how much his 5'11" height would prevent him from playing at the high level. That isn't a talent evaluation problem it's a once in a lifetime decision over whether or not this one guy is going to get his lanes blocked and passes blocked because he is not tall enough. Every GM had that exact same read. The only issue was HOW MUCH is that going to affect Wilson. Some GMS thought a good amount, so he lasted until the third. Other GMs thought, like NIx, a little more than a good amount, so they thought a 4th. It's a fluke proposition because of the unique situation with Russell Wilson. And you're just ignoring it. Everyone everywhere that watched him thought he was tremendous.

It's Buddy's job, as a self-proclaimed old school scouting guru, to know better than the other GM's...To see what others may not see...If you're saying Buddy is off the hook because he was inline with everyone else who misjudged Wilson's potential, then at the very least, I want the guy would did properly evaluate him as my GM... Not Buddy...I just don't get why some folks refuse to hold this guy to the standard that he is so quick to tell us all he should be held to...If he's such a great talent evaluator, how the f*** did he not know that the kid could still play at a high level at 5-11?...By the time the Bills were Drafting in the 3rd Round, if you have evaluated the kid properly, it's an absolute no-brainer...It's a 3rd Round Pick...If it was a 1st Round Pick I would agree, it's a tough call...But a 3rd Round Pick knowing Fitz is really your only viable option at QB???...Like I said...Should be a no-brainer for one of the single best football scouts on the earth...Or maybe he's not? Maybe? B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

It's Buddy's job, as a self-proclaimed old school scouting guru, to know better than the other GM's...To see what others may not see...If you're saying Buddy is off the hook because he was inline with everyone else who misjudged Wilson's potential, then at the very least, I want the guy would did properly evaluate him as my GM... Not Buddy...I just don't get why some folks refuse to hold this guy to the standard that he is so quick to tell us all he should be held to...If he's such a great talent evaluator, how the f*** did he not know that the kid could still play at a high level at 5-11?...By the time the Bills were Drafting in the 3rd Round, if you have evaluated the kid properly, it's an absolute no-brainer...It's a 3rd Round Pick...If it was a 1st Round Pick I would agree, it's a tough call...But a 3rd Round Pick knowing Fitz is really your only viable option at QB???...Like I said...Should be a no-brainer for one of the single best football scouts on the earth...Or maybe he's not? Maybe? B-)

It was obviously NOT a no-brainer. Wilson was the complete opposite of a no brainer. Otherwise, every other GM would have taken him in the first round or the very least the second round. Jesus. How hard is it to see this was a totally unique case? The Seahawks didn't know either. They drafted him to be third string and hoped he could develop behind the starter Matt Flynn they just signed, and Tavaris Jackson who was considered to be a very good back-up with starting potential. It just so happened that his 5'11" height had NO effect on his game when everyone in the league thought it would, and he became a star.

I totally understand how people can say Nix made a misjudgment and mistake choosing TJ Graham over Russell Wilson in retrospect. Every GM in the league is surprised how well he played. The height thing had no effect. I really, really don't at all comprehend how people here in retrospect thought Nix should have known. No one knew otherwise he would have been drafted much higher. Read the scouting report I linked. He was a complete stud, who happened to be 5'11". It was a big risk that his size would not be hindered. It was not a no brainer in any sense of the phrase.

It was obviously NOT a no-brainer. Wilson was the complete opposite of a no brainer. Otherwise, every other GM would have taken him in the first round or the very least the second round. Jesus. How hard is it to see this was a totally unique case? The Seahawks didn't know either. They drafted him to be third string and hoped he could develop behind the starter Matt Flynn they just signed, and Tavaris Jackson who was considered to be a very good back-up with starting potential. It just so happened that his 5'11" height had NO effect on his game when everyone in the league thought it would, and he became a star.

I totally understand how people can say Nix made a misjudgment and mistake choosing TJ Graham over Russell Wilson in retrospect. Every GM in the league is surprised how well he played. The height thing had no effect. I really, really don't at all comprehend how people here in retrospect thought Nix should have known. No one knew otherwise he would have been drafted much higher. Read the scouting report I linked. He was a complete stud, who happened to be 5'11". It was a big risk that his size would not be hindered. It was not a no brainer in any sense of the phrase.

Kelly, great posts but you are wasting your time. It's obvious by the replies that disagreeing posters arent even taking the time to read and understand your well-crafted points. No matter how much logic you throw at them we get "LALALALA BUDDY SUCKS! ALL HIS FAULT!". Buddy should have known that Wilson would be great no matter where he plays, and no matter who his coaches are, and Buddy should have picked him immediately. Duh.

problem is all the message board gms KNEW before hand. they absolutely KNEW that it would have no effect despite every trained professional having hesitation. its a case of making enough really bold predictions and one of them coming right. over the long haul their batting averages arent near nixs, but they clearly have him beat cause they saw that.

disclaimer: this isnt directed at everyone that liked wilson as a player (heck, i liked him a lot for a midrounder, and im shocked still by how well hes doing as most of those picks even when successful pale in comparison). many were very pragmatic about his situation... but many were absolutely not, declaring things to be true that were relatively unknown and just best guesses...

Edited by NoSaint

Kelly, great posts but you are wasting your time. It's obvious by the replies that disagreeing posters arent even taking the time to read and understand your well-crafted points. No matter how much logic you throw at them we get "LALALALA BUDDY SUCKS! ALL HIS FAULT!". Buddy should have known that Wilson would be great no matter where he plays, and no matter who his coaches are, and Buddy should have picked him immediately. Duh.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you both! It drives me insane that "Buddy should have seen" what every other team in the NFL didn't! Say what you want about the Seahawks even - he was a 3rd round pick passed on by every team multiple times! The seahawks got lucky plain and simple. It is not an indictment of Buddy in the least.

Are you suggesting that the Pats knew Brady would be good? ;)

I'd love one of those flukes myself. It doesn't make your GM an idiot for not recognizing flukes.

I'm not just sticking up for Buddy either. I'd be happy if Whaley took over right now. I just don't think he should take as much blame as he is getting here for not recognizing Russell Wilson. It was a completely unique set of circumstances.

I am suggesting that the Pats were wise to draft someone they thought had a chance to be good. That's the job of a good GM. I loved Russell Wilson. If you saw him play, and he played in a good conference, his height was never an issue. His height was the only unique thing about him. I was banging the drum pretty hard around here this time last year. Any time you saw him play, he was near dominant. With Fitz reeling and knowing that you like him (wilson), how do you value TJ over Wilson? Boggles my mind.

And again, if this was the only decision that we search for justification, Buddy would be alright. But there's A Williams, Shep, Dareus, Troupe (bad pick made Dareus pick near necessary), the 3/4-4/3 switch, the Fitz contract, Barnett, Morrison, Thigpen, TJack and the lack of competition at key areas on this team.

When the hindsight starts to pile up, maybe the talent evaluation is just not good.

Edited by JPS

I've been defending the front office moves this week, but I cannot find any justification to how the Bills handled 3rd round of the 2012 draft.

I think that everyone can agree that there's now way anyone thought that Wilson would have the immediate impact that he had and it's a stretch for anyone to have considered him as a year one replacement for Fitz.

But ...

Bills had two glaring holes they were trying to fix - backup QB and a legit receiver opposite Stevie. We also know that Bills had Vince Young waiting in the wings if they didn't get the guy(s) they slotted in round 4. That the real question of the evaluation, as it was obvious to all that Thigpen is not NFL quality backup.

In April 2012, the Bills staff obviously determined that Vince Young was a better prospect than Wilson/Cousins in Round 3, followed by the corollary that Graham was worthy of giving up a 7th rounder to move up. Forgetting the hindsight analysis that shows Bills blew it on both accounts, I fail to understand what the scouts saw in Graham's college resume that gave them the confidence to draft him? After all, they already had Derek Hagan on the roster who had a more impressive college history and played well for the Bills in 2011. What made Nix & Co think that Graham would be a dramatic improvement over Hagan? Graham was not a full physical specimen who came out of an unheralded program that you could pin a rising star hope on (they already struck out on that one with Easley). Even Graham's highlight reel was splendidly pedestrian.

I'm ok with the front office moves overall, but there's no way to spin how Bills totally blew the third round this year.

I've been defending the front office moves this week, but I cannot find any justification to how the Bills handled 3rd round of the 2012 draft.

I think that everyone can agree that there's now way anyone thought that Wilson would have the immediate impact that he had and it's a stretch for anyone to have considered him as a year one replacement for Fitz.

But ...

Bills had two glaring holes they were trying to fix - backup QB and a legit receiver opposite Stevie. We also know that Bills had Vince Young waiting in the wings if they didn't get the guy(s) they slotted in round 4. That the real question of the evaluation, as it was obvious to all that Thigpen is not NFL quality backup.

In April 2012, the Bills staff obviously determined that Vince Young was a better prospect than Wilson/Cousins in Round 3, followed by the corollary that Graham was worthy of giving up a 7th rounder to move up. Forgetting the hindsight analysis that shows Bills blew it on both accounts, I fail to understand what the scouts saw in Graham's college resume that gave them the confidence to draft him? After all, they already had Derek Hagan on the roster who had a more impressive college history and played well for the Bills in 2011. What made Nix & Co think that Graham would be a dramatic improvement over Hagan? Graham was not a full physical specimen who came out of an unheralded program that you could pin a rising star hope on (they already struck out on that one with Easley). Even Graham's highlight reel was splendidly pedestrian.

I'm ok with the front office moves overall, but there's no way to spin how Bills totally blew the third round this year.

The obvious answer and I addressed it above is the Bills thought, rightfully, that they needed a speed WR to open up space for Stevie, as well as Nelson and Chandler who were good over the middle, and running room/swings/screens for Freddy and CJ. That was obvious to everyone who watched the Bills. That was obvious to anyone who defended the Bills. Derek Hagan was a possession WR (a mistake for letting him go, too, by Buddy IMO). It was VERY apparent the Bills thought so too by sending a plane to pick up a speed WR in Robert Meachem the minute FA started. The player, like Meachem, didn't even have to be a star, he just had to have great speed to make defenses play the Bills honest, as well as open up the field. When Meachem was signed away by the Chargers outrageous offer at the last second, the problem for the Bills still existed. When faced in the 3rd round of selecting a player they liked with blazing speed, who wouldn't be counted on to catch 50 balls or even start, but on the field enough to stretch the field, OR a back-up QB with one serious question mark, it makes sense that they choose Graham. There is all kinds of justification for it. It just proved to be a bad error as TJ and Fitz struggled and Russell was a total surprise star.

Clear misjudgment and bad pick in hindsight. Sound logic at the time.

Yet another poor (borderline stupid) excuse by a Buffalo Bills fan who will excuse this inept front office in any way possible. Let's go with the facts: Russell Wilson was a projected 3rd-4th rounder. Let's take a look at the teams drafting in the 3rd round (in order) leading up to the Russell Wilson pick. Buddy Nix stands out in this list as a truly inept GM. While most franchises either already had a good QB situation or had already brought in a developmental QB onto the roster, Buddy Nix felt that a track star receiver was a higher value. See below:

1. Indianapolis: Drafted Andrew Luck and were targeting Wilson with their second 3rd rounder (see Schefter article)

2. St. Louis: Already have young QB on the roster. (Bradford)

3. Minnesota: Already have a young QB on the roster (Ponder)

4. Denver: No QB need. Signed Peyton Manning to $96M contract. Spent 2nd round pick on Brock Osweiler.

5. Houston: No QB need. Committed to Schaub and drafted QB TJ Yates last year, who started and won a playoff game for them.

6. Buffalo: Inept, out-of-touch General Manager who is better suited in a scouting role.

7. Jacksonville: Already have young QB on the roster. GM was fired. (Gabbert)

8. Washington: Drafted RGIII. Targeted Russell Wilson with their next pick (see Schefter article)

9. Miami: Drafted Tannehill

10. San Diego: Committed to Philip Rivers. Also signed Charlie Whitehurst. Fired GM.

11. Kansas City: Could have used a young QB. That's why front office is getting cleaned out.

12. Seattle: Hired a good young GM from the outside and it is paying dividends.

Yet another post where you are judging a person for not have perfect hindsight.

You can have a redraft of the 2012 NFL draft with the same players and it is still unlikely that Russel Willson would go in the first round. He is a 5'10" QB that caught lightning in a bottle. Do you think you can just plop Wilson on any roster and he the team goes to the playoffs? Russel Wilson is anomaly and doesn't prove a point one way or another.

You know who would go in the first round if you had a redraft of the 2012 NFL draft? and probably be a top Top pick? Cordy Glenn.

Edited by Why So Serious?

The obvious answer and I addressed it above is the Bills thought, rightfully, that they needed a speed WR to open up space for Stevie, as well as Nelson and Chandler who were good over the middle, and running room/swings/screens for Freddy and CJ. That was obvious to everyone who watched the Bills. That was obvious to anyone who defended the Bills. Derek Hagan was a possession WR (a mistake for letting him go, too, by Buddy IMO). It was VERY apparent the Bills thought so too by sending a plane to pick up a speed WR in Robert Meachem the minute FA started. The player, like Meachem, didn't even have to be a star, he just had to have great speed to make defenses play the Bills honest, as well as open up the field. When Meachem was signed away by the Chargers outrageous offer at the last second, the problem for the Bills still existed. When faced in the 3rd round of selecting a player they liked with blazing speed, who wouldn't be counted on to catch 50 balls or even start, but on the field enough to stretch the field, OR a back-up QB with one serious question mark, it makes sense that they choose Graham. There is all kinds of justification for it. It just proved to be a bad error as TJ and Fitz struggled and Russell was a total surprise star.

Clear misjudgment and bad pick in hindsight. Sound logic at the time.

On paper yes, on the track yes. But on film, he was never able to get separation in college, so what kind of an analysis did they do on the guy to think that he could do it in the pros? That's why in hindsight, you have to question their decision making, especially when it comes to WR. Yes, they recognize the deficiency, yet, they draft Easley and Graham, still give valuable roster space to Donald Jones, yet let go of Hagan & didn't think that Danario Alexander is roster worthy. And while Hagan may be listed as a possession guy, he was still more effective than any Bills WR in getting deep separation.

And let's not ignore the logic of having a field stretching receiver when your QB has a horrible time delivering the ball beyond 25 yards.

I guess we're just going to disagree on Nix. Each error he has made has been supported by sound logic. It's called a justification. When he screws up this draft, and he will if he's in charge, there's plenty of time for us to agree later. I'm just surprised at the confidence some of you have in Buddy....or Whaley. Time will tell, I guess. But I'd put hope on your side and money on mine.

Plus he is not even 5'11" he is 5'10 5/8th.

If you pick him up and put him on the Bills you think he catches lightening in a bottle in Buffalo?

Chan wouldn't have played him early in the season. Hell he never even gave TJax a shot (who is horrible and probably looked horrible in practice) in week 16 or 17 just to see what he has.

If the Bills did draft Russel Wilson in the 3rd, what would likely be happening now is that Dawgg would be complaining about how stupid Buddy Nix is for drafting a 5'10" QB in the 3rd round when there was better talent available.

Edited by Why So Serious?

It's not a flawed theory at all, and it made a lot of sense at the time. In retrospect it was a terrible decision because we know what happened with both players. Nix made the wrong call and he is basically paying for that call with his job. At the time, however, Nix was faced with this: His coach said he could win with Ryan Fitzpatrick. Nix had just signed Mario and Mark Anderson and they expected, with Wanny, to be a top defensive team. It was year three, and they expected to go to the playoffs.

They knew they needed a speed WR to complement Stevie, as well as David Nelson and Scott Chandler in the middle, and they missed out getting him when Meachem signed with SD. Russell Wilson, by EVERYONE'S estimation, was not going to come in and be a starting QB, he was going to be a back-up with potential to be a starter down the line. So Nix, Whaley and Gailey's decision was, do we draft a guy we like with world class speed who can help us right now get to the playoffs, even if he doesnt start and even if he is raw because his speed will have to be accounted for, thereby opening up the field a little for all of the other players, something that may put our offense over the hump -- OR -- do we draft a kid we love with a height problem to be our back-up QB we will groom.

It's a difficult choice, especially because Graham was raw. But it makes a ton of sense and I'm sure GMs you love (or I should say don't hate) would have made that same determination. They blew it so far with Graham, and Wilson is a star. So inarguably, it was the wrong decision. But it doesn't AT ALL mean they disregard QBs or hate them or had no plan. It means at that point in the draft, with the needs the team had, they made a very logical decision.

Furthermore, Russell Wilson was a complete aberration and that was known to everyone around the league. He had a physical issue that would never change. EVERYONE loved him as a prospect and with very good reason. The ONLY issue whatsoever with Russell Wilson was whether or not his height would not allow him to play in the NFL the way he did in college. That was the only issue, otherwise he is a top 5 #1 pick, and all GMs had to make the determination of whether or not you want a 5'11" QB.

He had a cannon, he was incredibly smart, he had huge hands, he had accuracy short medium and long, he could run, he was a great leader, he was a winner, he played professional sports, he was a film geek, a great personality and everyone loved him. There was nothing about Russell Wilson not to love except his height. The fact that Buddy Nix assigned a 4th round grade to the height issue when others assigned a 3rd round grade to it means very, very little concerning his abilities as a GM and talent evaluator.

I've said it before here. People should really take Russell Wilson out of all conversations regarding draft order because he is a total fluke.

Did Buddy miss the second half of the Bills 2011 season? He didn't see the physical limitations of Fitz's game? He didn't think it would be worth spending a 3rd rounder (a 3rd rounder!!) on a guy who "had a cannon, he was incredibly smart, he had huge hands, he had accuracy short medium and long, he could run, he was a great leader, he was a winner, he played professional sports, he was a film geek, a great personality and everyone loved him"? He thought his team was just a sprinter with questiinable receiving skills away from the playoffs? That having a long ball threat on the roster without a long ball thrower would confuse opponents? It sounds silly in retrospect, but was just as silly then.

The main immediate response here to that pick was "huh??". Others chimed in to tell us all how clever Nix was at jumping up to get Graham and how he was thinking outside the box, etc. But now we hear that he was apparently having something of an internal struggle in his mind: he wanted to take this superior QB (Wilson), but he had already convinced himself that Wilson was just an inch or two too short to be worth blowing a third rounder on. He just had to have the kid who was projected to go much later at WR.

And the fact that "31 GMs passed on him" isn't really relevant when you consider what each team's needs were. 32 teams aren't in need of a QB in the first 3 rounds every year, obviously. Hey! Why didn't I buy that new Tesla sedan--it's Car of the Year!! Oh, I don't need a new car...

If our GM thinks a guy is the perfect prospect for a position of need but trumps his own assessment of the guy because of some arbitrary "rule" (too short), then we need a new GM. Or least one who is familiar with the play of other vertically challenged players like Brees and Vick.

I'll modify my position on Buddy: I wouldn't fire him just for the Wilson whiff. It would be for the totality of his work (Chan/Edwards/Wanny-- every coach he has hired in 3 years has been fired), swtiching D's without any coaches who knew how to run it or the players to play it and thus leaving us with deadwood like Troup, and spending tons of money and draft picks on a defense that is still among the worst in the league.

ONLY in Buffalo does a resume like that not get you fired from your GM position.

If you pick him up and put him on the Bills you think he catches lightening in a bottle in Buffalo?

Chan wouldn't have played him early in the season. Hell he never even gave TJax a shot (who is horrible and probably looked horrible in practice) in week 16 or 17 just to see what he has.

If the Bills did draft Russel Wilson in the 3rd, what would likely be happening now is that Dawgg would be complaining about how stupid Buddy Nix is for drafting a 5'10" QB in the 3rd round when there was better talent available.

This, this, oh my god, this.

Wilson would be a Levi Brown guy, and we'd be hearing how stupid the Bills were for passing over Cousins. There is ALWAYS something to complain about when you really want to.

You speak the truth.