Russ Brandon named President/CEO

Wagon Circler

For all we know Ralph ceded control because he knows he's close to the end.

PTR

How can people react as if Ralph Wilson is still 60 years old?

Yes, it is unthinkable that a 94 year old owner whose health has been deteriorating might eventually give up control in earnest because he didn't 30 years ago. WTH....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And pudding takes a few minutes to make, unlike a hot pocket. I just heard about a huge change with the Bills. Will it work? We won't know for a while. But condemning the move now is stupid.

PTR

They didn't say top candidate

I offered no condemnation. Just a wait and see attitude like any reasonable person would after 13 years of miserable failure.

I would hire a guy to run the a new misinformation department. And that guy would be busy constantly allow information to leak out and every once in a while it would be correct just to keep them guessing all the time.

At the PC, someone asked Nix how familiar he is with the upcoming "analytics department".

I found Nix's response very disheartening. He said something like "I don't know a heck of a lot about all that new-fangled fancy book learnin' stuff, but I'm about to find out!"

Shows his age and just how far out of the loop he is in 2013. The future of NFL success does not involve people of Nix's generation.

With Nix remaining, the "new future" announced today remains half-baked.

For all we know, the "transition" to Whaley as GM could occur immediately after the draft.

Whatever. It's not his job to find the coach.

He's 100% right.

So "all Nix has ever given us" is only Gailey and Fitz? He didnt make any other decisions or signings?

And who cares that Brandon was Jauron's GM? He stated outright that he would not be in on personnel decisions.

He's far from 100% right. I understand the skepticism, but his criticism is off-base. And it takes zero intelligence to condemn but provide no ideas of your own.

any coach who is linked to a great QB may be a guy to stay away from. Because without the great QB it doesn't work.

Without a great quarterback it doesn't work? See, here is the kind of insightful, progressive thinking that we need around here.

At the PC, someone asked Nix how familiar he is with the upcoming "analytics department".

I found Nix's response very disheartening. He said something like "I don't know a heck of a lot about all that new-fangled fancy book learnin' stuff, but I'm about to find out!"

Shows his age and just how far out of the loop he is in 2013. The future of NFL success does not involve people of Nix's generation.

With Nix remaining, the "new future" announced today remains half-baked.

Meh. What do you expect? This is a whole lot of nothing to worry about. You're making something encouraging - that the new man at the top of the chain believes in a 21st century operation based on statistics, has and will bring in more staffers who know what do with it, and a GM who says he has to learn and wants to use it - into another topic of complaint. Classic Bills fan move. I chuckle when I hear people talk about how we're the greatest fans, because they're always omitting the "at whining and beliggerent alcoholism" part.

Heres a clip of the "hater call" that WGR took and subsequently embarrassed when they asked him to provide even an idea for a solution...

https://soundcloud.c...ter-on-the-spot

All the callers today are mental midgets. Like they can't comprehend the magnitude of what happened today. Basically there is not one bit of news Bills fans would look at as positive. The negativity is in our DNA.

PTR

So "all Nix has ever given us" is only Gailey and Fitz? He didnt make any other decisions or signings?

And who cares that Brandon was Jauron's GM? He stated outright that he would not be in on personnel decisions.

He's far from 100% right. I understand the skepticism, but his criticism is off-base. And it takes zero intelligence to condemn but provide no ideas of your own.

Uhhhhhh...Brian Billick? :lol:

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Maybe we should find out what is his job , so we can baselessly criticize his performance, and offer no suggestion on how he could improve.

The point the caller was making was that it's ridiculous for Russ Brandon to stand up there after longest playoff drought in NFL history and claim that the personnel department is perfect, as-is.