Chip Kelly HC! (possibly for the Browns)

13player

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovie Smith sees the potenial of the Bills D-Line to be the second coming of the Tampa Bay line that wreaked havoc on teams for many years in the Tampa 2 scheme...

From the defensive side, I would be onboard, especially if he brings along Rod Marinelli (sp) for the DL/DC position like he was in Chicago.

Beware: I smell a "see.....we tried" situation.....

So that when they hire the ass end of the hot list, we can say......well they DID go after Chip Kelly

The difference between previous times is we have a roster that is getting ready to make the playoffs versus a huge rebuilding project...

Any coach would be pretty dumb to just look at this as another bad team... there is no excuse for this team to be this bad this year

Edited by matter2003

Lazy statement. Lovie Smith is a legitimate HC candidate, not just a required interview candidate like Crennell or (who the heck was our DC in late 90's and went to SD with the regime change? Blanking on name)

Ted Cottrell

Edited by dhg

The Chip Kelly idea is intriguing, but could this mean a shuffling of our OL since doesn't he prefer OLmen on the smaller side for his up-tempo style, more along the 285 area, which is the opposite of what all of our current OL are?? I don't want to rebuild the OL, we just built it. I hope he would be able to work with what's already here. I know i'm not completely knowledgable about his styles, but these are my concerns based on what I have seen.

The difference between previous times is we have a roster that is getting ready to make the playoffs versus a huge rebuilding project...

Any coach would be pretty dumb to just look at this as another bad team... there is no excuse for this team to be this bad this year

TRU....and good positioning in the draft to boot.

The Chip Kelly idea is intriguing, but could this mean a shuffling of our OL since doesn't he prefer OLmen on the smaller side for his up-tempo style, more along the 285 area, which is the opposite of what all of our current OL are?? I don't want to rebuild the OL, we just built it. I hope he would be able to work with what's already here. I know i'm not completely knowledgable about his styles, but these are my concerns based on what I have seen.

Hopefully Nix/Whaley wouldn't hire him if he wanted to blow up one of the strengths of the team.

Are you suggesting that Kelly is pass-happy? If so, you obviously don't know much about Chip Kelly's Oregon team. Oregon is a run first offense that has the ability to throw when the defense stacks the box. They happen to have a very talented passer this year, but they are still a run-oriented offense.

not at all, you just have very poor reading comprehension.

I like the idea of Lovie Smith as HC, but I fear the return of the Tampon Two D. No more smaller, faster guys who get blown off the line in the 4th quarter.

I believe I heard that he changed up his defensive philosophy in the more recent years, away from that terrible Tampa-2 defense. If he wants to bring the Tampa-2 defense here, no way, no thanks.

If they are going to be moving towards an analytical football approach wouldnt they want to hire a coach that coaches analytical... Thats what Chip Kelly does.

The Bills are NOT in my opinion going to Arizona to interview Wisenhunt, they may have put that out there and done that to throw off the scent of what I believe they will really be doing in Arizona...interviewing and offering Chip Kelly anything he wants.

His bowl game is to be played January 3rd. I am betting the Bills will conduct this interview him later today. This is just my opinion but everything discussed leads me to this idea.

If they are going to be moving towards an analytical football approach wouldnt they want to hire a coach that coaches analytical... Thats what Chip Kelly does.

That was exactly the thought that I had. Howard Simon has been on point with info on the Bills, so his source claiming they will "go hard" after Kelly is interesting.

I hope the interview of Whisenhunt is only to ask him about Horton, or in the even Horton would bring him in as OC.

I think they may want to avoid the national media picking up on Chip Kelly being an option for the Bills. Time will tell but I don't think that Russ Brandon settles on Wisenhunt.

I think they go with a top tier guy this time around. I just feel like they think they have to at this point.

I believe I heard that he changed up his defensive philosophy in the more recent years, away from that terrible Tampa-2 defense. If he wants to bring the Tampa-2 defense here, no way, no thanks.

Just like the 34, there are different variations of the tampa 2. Just cause Jauron couldnt run it doesnt mean Lovie Cant. His defenses have as much as proven that much. Plus, we played alot of cover 2 principles this year already. In the end its not about the "name" of the scheme, just hope it works.

they must do a Rooney Rule interview at the very least even if they want Kelly. Maybe that's why they want to interview Horton first. He's a good candidate and they need that in the bank so that they can make a quick decision. You don't want to miss out on chip Kelly because you didn't do your minority interview.

Having a real innovator on our team is intriguing. Does this guy have the knowledge to run an NFL team, though? Wouldn't a team rather start him off as an OC first?

Either way, I think he would like the idea of picking and molding a QB from scratch instead of working with a journeyman.

This is going to be an interesting month to see who we interview.

TRU....and good positioning in the draft to boot.

Excellent points. This team should have made the playoffs this year with its talent and a poor AFC. De ja vu all over again, but I'm kinda excited now about our possibilities--sound familiar?--now that we have talent and good draft positioning.