Chip Kelly HC! (possibly for the Browns)

13player

Living in Eugene Oregon I have seen first hand what this guy does for his football team. His practices are like no other. Its all about conditioning and execution. Look at how the ducks play every week. They start off slow and eventually destroy their opponent with a higher level of physical play.

Also, this guy is a winner. Plain and simple. The attitude of Oregon players is of no compromise. Just listening to the guy talk in his interviews makes me think that he expects nothing less of everyone around him.

Chip uses the spread offense which would totally incorporate into the current Bills offense. If you don't want a complete restructure you have to bring someone in that is familiar with the current offensive scheme. This guy could bring this team to the next level.

I think Chip Kelly as an offensive coordinator would be a great move. But since he has a good job now and is being talked about as an NFL head coach, I don't see him taking that position, especially not with the Bills.

That said, I'm with SJ. Jumping from college to NFL head coach with no previous NFL experience is just too much.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you aware of how much NFL experience Carroll had prior to ending up in Seattle?

Are you aware of how much NFL experience Carroll had prior to ending up in Seattle?

Yes i do but, he never was a HC in the nfl until the seahawks sign him.. But like I said. people would never know how if chip kelly end up bring a good head coach or not.

I think Chip Kelly as an offensive coordinator would be a great move. But since he has a good job now and is being talked about as an NFL head coach, I don't see him taking that position, especially not with the Bills.

That said, I'm with SJ. Jumping from college to NFL head coach with no previous NFL experience is just too much.

Yeah, that Harbaugh guy in SF has been a complete flop!

It's time to stop thinking like a 70 year old; oh, that's right, our owner is 95 and the GM is 74.

It's time to stop thinking like a 70 year old; oh, that's right, our owner is 95 and the GM is 74.

Harbaugh played quarterback in the NFL for 14 seasons. After that he was a college assistant for 7 seasons, coached in the NFL for 2 seasons and was a college head coach for 7 seasons.

The point that's being made about Chip Kelly that you seem to be missing is that Kelly has never set foot in an NFL locker room.

Not as a player, not as a coach.

FWIW, Chip Kelly never played college football.

Do you think that veteran NFL players are just gonna accept as their leader a guy who didn't play college football and never coached in the NFL?

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Chip Kelly is an innovative coach, he puts a fresh spin on everything. I can't wait to see him in the NFL, although I don't see any reason he'd come to Buffalo.

Spiller might be a good reason and a new drafted qb he could mold?

SJ pretty much said all that needed to be said, but I want to point out that you linked an article that proved you wrong. This is the second time in a week that someone has replied to me with a link that proved themselves wrong while being an ass in the reply. What is wrong with you people?

Edited by Faustus

Harbaugh played quarterback in the NFL for 14 seasons. After that he was a college assistant for 7 seasons, coached in the NFL for 2 seasons and was a college head coach for 7 seasons.

The point that's being made about Chip Kelly that you seem to be missing is that Kelly has never set foot in an NFL locker room.

Do you think that veteran NFL players are just gonna accept as their leader a guy who didn't play college football and never coached in the NFL?

SJ is completely correct. I bet pros are not impressed with Chip Kelly's quick play circus game at Oregon. Where are the National Championships, they might ask?

There is no comparison to the type of game Harbaugh was coaching with Luck at Stanford and what Kelly does.

Spiller might be a good reason and a new drafted qb he could mold?

Can you name a single QB who Kelly has "molded" ever? How about one he got onto an NFL roster?

Actually, Kelly was a star athlete in HS and I believe he did play football at UNH. I know it's not USC, but it is football.

I understand your points about Kelly, but as someone who lives on the West Coast and has seen every Ducks game the past few years, I strongly believe Kelly will succeed at the next level. His teams are the two things the Bills have not been over the past decade of so: smart and aggressive, a lot like the Patriots. I am sure plenty of NFL owners share your legitimate concerns, but it only takes one who's willing to give Kelly a chance. I would be surprised if he fails, but then again,a few years ago I was all in favor of the Bills hiring Charlie Weis and/or Romeo Crennel as HC.

Actually, Kelly was a star athlete in HS and I believe he did play football at UNH. I know it's not USC, but it is football.

I understand your points about Kelly, but as someone who lives on the West Coast and has seen every Ducks game the past few years, I strongly believe Kelly will succeed at the next level. His teams are the two things the Bills have not been over the past decade of so: smart and aggressive, a lot like the Patriots. I am sure plenty of NFL owners share your legitimate concerns, but it only takes one who's willing to give Kelly a chance. I would be surprised if he fails, but then again,a few years ago I was all in favor of the Bills hiring Charlie Weis and/or Romeo Crennel as HC.

From what I can tell (Google search), he never played football at New Hampshire. In fact I swear that there was something in his Wiki entry a few days ago about this but strangely I can't find that info anymore.

Anyways like I said before, just because no one has ever done it before doesn't mean that it can't be done.

But color me skeptical.

OK, its been awhile since I last posted but I think its time for one simple request. This request is made with the beleif that Gruden is not going to come to Buffalo, he would be my big wish!

Instead of another has been or a someone elses cast off, I think we make a hard push for Chip Kelly!!!!!!! He is young, Hungry and an innovater!

lets go get him boys, before they others do,

If that fails go after Bruce Arians!! not a bad consalation prize.

Chip Kelly is one of the very few suggestions on this board today that I would consider investing the next 3-4 years in.

SJ is completely correct. I bet pros are not impressed with Chip Kelly's quick play circus game at Oregon. Where are the National Championships, they might ask?

There is no comparison to the type of game Harbaugh was coaching with Luck at Stanford and what Kelly does.

Can you name a single QB who Kelly has "molded" ever? How about one he got onto an NFL roster?

SJ certainly raises some relevant concerns, but you do not.

Kelly has taken the Ducks to BCS bowl games 4 times in 4 years as head coach, twice getting them either in the national championship game or one game away from it. (I would also argue that the national championship in college football is a load of crap anyway to the extent it is based on the BCS selection process rather than actual head to head games, but that's a different argument.) As anyone who follows college football knows, Oregon has generally been unable to attract the type of 4 and 5 star recruits that schools like USC, Alabama, and LSU have signed year after year. It's remarkable what Kelly has been able to do at Oregon, despite not winning a national title yet. Are you saying he can't succeed in the NFL because Oregon has not produced any NFL QB's under his regime? Not sure how that's relevant. Oregon runs a completely different system than Stanford. Luck was a once in a decade QB--are you saying Harbaugh is responsible for him being in the NFL? I'm not knocking Stanford--they have a great program and shaw is a great coach, but that does not have anything to do with Kelly's ability to succeed in the NFL. And by the way, I predict Marcus Mariotta will be the No. 1 pick in the 2014 draft, if he decides to come out.

Edited by mannc

Long article but worth the read.

http://fishduck.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Chip-complete.pdf

I truly believe this guy would succeed in the NFL. His practice mentality is exactly what the Bills have been missing. Execution, physical play, and finish. Chip consistently makes great teams out of the players that he has.

09 Rose Bowl - L 17-26

10 BCS National Championship - L 22-19

11 Rose Bowl - W 45-38

12 Fiesta Bowl -

OK, its been awhile since I last posted but I think its time for one simple request. This request is made with the beleif that Gruden is not going to come to Buffalo, he would be my big wish!

Instead of another has been or a someone elses cast off, I think we make a hard push for Chip Kelly!!!!!!! He is young, Hungry and an innovater!

lets go get him boys, before they others do,

If that fails go after Bruce Arians!! not a bad consalation prize.

all sounds good to me, I like all those guys.