Peter king says Chan gone on Monday...

OhIDunno

Not everybody is as eager to fire good people from their jobs as you are.

I don't doubt he's a good person, Simon, and I don't think that firing him today makes much difference than firing him on Friday, per se, but do you think he's earned another shot? I hate the coaching carousel, but many of his decisions have been far too puzzling this season to warrant a repeat performance. It's a shame because I think he actually has a pretty good offensive mind for drawing up plays, etc, but his play calling and his approach to the head coaching aspect of his job just seems off this season. I'd love to hear your perspective because I really thought Chan had promise, even after last year's slide.

I do forget sometimes, as JW noted, this is a human being we're talking about here. That said, I don't think the bills are going anywhere without major adjustments that I am not sure Chan is willing or capable of making.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave Wannstedt absolutely needs to go and I'm sure he will. 2012 possibly the worst total defensive effort ever turned in by the Bills. Inexcusible.

As for Chan, if he's gone, I won't be upset. If he gets one more chance, I won't be surprised.

Edited by gringo starr

I don't doubt he's a good person, Simon, and I don't think that firing him today makes much difference than firing him on Friday, per se, but do you think he's earned another shot? I hate the coaching carousel, but many of his decisions have been far too puzzling this season to warrant a repeat performance. It's a shame because I think he actually has a pretty good offensive mind for drawing up plays, etc, but his play calling and his approach to the head coaching aspect of his job just seems off this season. I'd love to hear your perspective because I really thought Chan had promise, even after last year's slide.

I do forget sometimes, as JW noted, this is a human being we're talking about here. That said, I don't think the bills are going anywhere without major adjustments that I am not sure Chan is willing or capable of making.

Yeah, I think it's time for the Bills to move in a different direction. Chan is not a bad football coach, but he's an awful fit for the Bills at this point in time and it really showed this year.

My post was just to make a similar point to what I bolded in yours. That while it needs to be done, maybe the folks who are actually going to do it aren't drooling all over themselves from the excitement of getting to destroy a good man's dream.

Don't forget Chan was paid millions to coach the Bills. It's not like he's going on unemployment when he gets let go. Every coach in the NFL knows their job is on the line every week. I'm sure Chan feels worse than anyone that he didn't make the Bills better. Same goes for Nix.

PTR

Dave Wannstedt absolutely needs to go and I'm sure he will. 2012 possibly the worst total defensive effort ever turned in by the Bills. Inexcusible.

As for Chan, if he's gone, I won't be upset. If he gets one more chance, I won't be surprised.

I concur.

frankly, I wish I could see chan coach a star QB. if the guy coached Tom Brady, I would venture to say he'd be pretty successful.

Don't forget Chan was paid millions to coach the Bills. It's not like he's going on unemployment when he gets let go. Every coach in the NFL knows their job is on the line every week. I'm sure Chan feels worse than anyone that he didn't make the Bills better. Same goes for Nix.

PTR

Plus he would get paid for next season even if he is fired.

stevie and levitre are being quoted on twitter about their positive feelings towards nix and gailey, levitre stated his desire to stay in buffalo is a 10 on a scale of 1-10...this seems to be a general feeling towards Buddy & Chan...

I have stated before, I am ok if the coache & gm return, i really do feel that this team is closer than we couch gms think. hearing the player rally around them seems to confirm my gut feeling.

if there is an ownership transition plan in place, i would really like to see chan & buddy stay, get a couple more pieces in place(preferably a couple LB's) draft a QB to succeed Fitzy.

I really love this team and think they can be successful.

Also I am more inclined to trust the viewpoint of the players on the team than from those of us that watch the games while drinking our blue lights every week.

To me one of Chan's primary weaknesses is he hasn't developed his coaches.

By now Curtis Modkins should be trained in his system enough that he should be calling plays.

But Chan held on to those responsibilities jealously - probably because he enjoyed it.

If that's the case, he should be happy being the OC somewhere if not here. (doubt though any former HC's ego would let them take a demotion and stay on their old team)

Retaining the Offensive play calling distanced himself from the other vital HC responsibilities e.g., clock management, paying attention to the defense and STs because he didn't have time to do those other things. Ugh. It's a badly baked cake of his own recipe. He chose to build his team around a second tier QB instead of around the only real star on the squad - CJ. Hopefully the next HC won't make so many blunders and will be able to watch and HC the entire game.

Jim Haslett anyone?

stevie and levitre are being quoted on twitter about their positive feelings towards nix and gailey, levitre stated his desire to stay in buffalo is a 10 on a scale of 1-10...this seems to be a general feeling towards Buddy & Chan...

I have stated before, I am ok if the coache & gm return, i really do feel that this team is closer than we couch gms think. hearing the player rally around them seems to confirm my gut feeling.

if there is an ownership transition plan in place, i would really like to see chan & buddy stay, get a couple more pieces in place(preferably a couple LB's) draft a QB to succeed Fitzy.

Also I am more inclined to trust the viewpoint of the players on the team than from those of us that watch the games while drinking our blue lights every week.

If all the players love Chan and Nix, I might soften my stance if there isn't a CLEAR better answer out there.

But being popular with the players doesn't really do much when the name of the game is to win.

If all the players love Chan and Nix, I might soften my stance if there isn't a CLEAR better answer out there.

But being popular with the players doesn't really do much when the name of the game is to win.

i wont be thrilled about next season, but id get (or atleast be able to rationalize) the decision if it gets made.

Well said. I agree with everything here. I would only add that there has to be an upgrade in the WR group as well.

i think a healthy david nelson would have made a world of difference this year. my views are completely fan biased but i think there is a TON of talent on this team, injuries and youth have been the biggest hurdles this year...

Well said. I agree with everything here. I would only add that there has to be an upgrade in the WR group as well.

They may say that they really like playing for Chan/Nix, but it doesn't show on the field (for many players at least). Quite simply, the team gave up in the Seattle game and looked terrible vs Miami as well. They can love him all they want, if he can't get it done on the field and motivate/coach his players up, he should be gone.

They may say that they really like playing for Chan/Nix, but it doesn't show on the field (for many players at least). Quite simply, the team gave up in the Seattle game and looked terrible vs Miami as well. They can love him all they want, if he can't get it done on the field and motivate/coach his players up, he should be gone.

Amen.

In his camp tours he always spent time w/ Brandon. If I had to bet, it would be him.

Brandon doesn't seem like the most probable leak source. As team president, he likely has the ability to keep his mouth shut. Even if Gailey is being fired, he deserves to hear it first from his management, not from the media. these leaks are really low class in terms of treating people right.