Schefter: Nix Leaning Safe

The Avenger

ESPN just went through a list of 7 GMs around the league and Nix was the only one whose job was leaning safe according to Adam Schefter. In his opinion:

Out: AJ Smith SD, Gene Smith Jax, Tom Heckert Cle, Rod Graves Ari

Leaning Out: Scott Pioli KC, Mike Tannenbaum NYJ

Leaning Safe: Buddy Nix

While the above is just Schefter's opinion, the more I think about the poor personnel decisions Nix has made or tolerated under his regime I think it is time to go - I don't have a good feeling about his ability to engineer a rebuilding.....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN just went through a list of 7 GMs around the league and Nix was the only one whose job was leaning safe according to Adam Schefter. In his opinion:

While the above is just Schefter's opinion, the more I think about the poor personnel decisions Nix has made or tolerated under his regime I think it is time to go - I don't have a good feeling about his ability to engineer a rebuilding.....

If true, this is very unfortunate news for the franchise.

I think Schefter's correct on Buddy - he'll stay, Chan will go.

While Fitz's play has made it clear (in retrospect) that Buddy has badly mishandled the QB position, he has to (and will) promise two things to Mr. Wilson to enable him to keep his job: 1) replace Chan, and 2) promise to pick a QB in the first round, or get one in free agency.

MANY rumors swirling and many of them contradicting. For instance there's a report out there now that Pioli might be safe.

Really the biggest takeaways is that after last year's relatively calm offseason with regard to the coaching/GM carousel that this year is guaranteed to be a mad frenzy.

As many as 10 head coaches and 7 GMs are on the hot seat.

This means that competition to fill these positions as well as assistant coaching positions will be very fierce.

With the assumed firing of at least Gailey, the Bills will step into a very competitive market for a new coaching staff.

Please define what constitutes bad drafting? CJ Spiller? Dareus? Gilmore? Glenn? Sure he missed a few. TJ Graham? Looks bad so far. Could have had Russell Wilson. But so could have every other team. I don't think he's a failure. It's more the hysteria of posters looking for any reason to stick ice picks in their ears.

PTR

I think Schefter's correct on Buddy - he'll stay, Chan will go.

While Fitz's play has made it clear (in retrospect) that Buddy has badly mishandled the QB position, he has to (and will) promise two things to Mr. Wilson to enable him to keep his job: 1) replace Chan, and 2) promise to pick a QB in the first round, or get one in free agency.

1) fitz was to be a FA and got a market deal. Not crazy

2) I get the impression he pictures a franchise qb coming in the first 32 picks. If true he's only passed on clausen, tebow, locker, wheeden, gabbert..... I think this year he sees some first round talent that will be available after the second pick (don't doubt he'd love cam, rg3 or luck but never had a chance) and will hopefully pull the trigger.

Please define what constitutes bad drafting? CJ Spiller? Dareus? Gilmore? Glenn? Sure he missed a few. TJ Graham? Looks bad so far. Could have had Russell Wilson. But so could have every other team. I don't think he's a failure. It's more the hysteria of posters looking for any reason to stick ice picks in their ears.

PTR

And switching defenses twice meant he spent the first two drafts trying to grab pieces that may not excel now. He had a hand in the switches but his players haven't been disastrous.

Looks like carringtons not a bad 3rd rounder either now.

I think nix has done a pretty good job so far we seem to have a lot of young talent. It's not his place to say who should start or who shouldn't that's what the coach is for. Yes we still need a middle lb and a number two receiver but that will probably happen this year we were horrible when he took over and it can't be all done in one year when u have that's my holes. If he brings in a new coach this year and they draft a qb and release fitz then upgrade wr and lb then I think we're looking much better for next year

PTR

I agree. There is a lot of hysteria on this board right now, and it's not edifying to read. I think Nix has made credible decisions, though not all have worked.

I agree. There is a lot of hysteria on this board right now, and it's not edifying to read. I think Nix has made credible decisions, though not all have worked.

Yup. The process is seemingly better than the results right now- there's certainly some dysfunction and he's made mistakes but the idea that he's a total failure is widely exaggerated.

If Nix is out they better have another GM ready immediately. I'm sorta ok with Nix staying but coaching staff has to go.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Polian come back if Nix goes...

He built them, they fell apart after him and if he could rebuild them again in an area he loves...