The Avenger

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

was this ever confirmed?

Howard Simon tweeted that a meeting took place, but that there is speculation that we are looking at Jay Gruden as well. A copy of the tweet is around in a few threads...

I think it might be telling that Brandon was there and not Nix. I also have a hunch that the Ralph was also here for another reason - to discuss the changes up front so they can act quickly. Chan is gone and I think Nix is going to be gone as well.

I know lots of people have been saying no way to Polian, but it does fit Ralph's past actions in wanting to go with people he knows. Polian loves the area, the hatchet has been buried etc...Not saying Polian would be GM, but possibly CEO...

Please define what constitutes bad drafting? CJ Spiller? Dareus? Gilmore? Glenn? Sure he missed a few. TJ Graham? Looks bad so far. Could have had Russell Wilson. But so could have every other team. I don't think he's a failure. It's more the hysteria of posters looking for any reason to stick ice picks in their ears.

PTR

Troup? Sheppard? Aaron Williams? Carrington? I know - you've probably already blocked them out of your mind.

Poor drafting is <50% of your 1-3 rd rounders looking like good starters. I give Carrington some credit because he's really been screwed over by the coaching staff moving him all over.

Glenn looks like Nix's first good 2nd rounder.

Dareus is OK - but he's arguably the worst of the big 5 studs available that year. Spiller is great but the need issue is painful - Lynch is leading his team to the playoffs again.

I give Nix's front office a lot of credit for their FA moves - but aren't we hearing Whaley is the guy who brought in Chandler and Urbik?

Troup? Sheppard? Aaron Williams? Carrington? I know - you've probably already blocked them out of your mind.

Poor drafting is <50% of your 1-3 rd rounders looking like good starters. I give Carrington some credit because he's really been screwed over by the coaching staff moving him all over.

Glenn looks like Nix's first good 2nd rounder.

Dareus is OK - but he's arguably the worst of the big 5 studs available that year. Spiller is great but the need issue is painful - Lynch is leading his team to the playoffs again.

I give Nix's front office a lot of credit for their FA moves - but aren't we hearing Whaley is the guy who brought in Chandler and Urbik?

Troup stinks, yes. Shep is avg. Carrington is personally responsible for like 15pts in blocked FGs this year. And blocks aside, he's actually turned into a player. Way too early to determine anything about Dareus. He was all-rookie his first season, had a rough 2nd.

Please define what constitutes bad drafting? CJ Spiller? Dareus? Gilmore? Glenn? Sure he missed a few. TJ Graham? Looks bad so far. Could have had Russell Wilson. But so could have every other team. I don't think he's a failure. It's more the hysteria of posters looking for any reason to stick ice picks in their ears.

PTR

It's interesting you pick the few hits Nix has made in order to ignore the rest of his picks--the majority of which have been misses. And while CJ is clearly his one true gem, the jury is still out on Gilmore and possibly even Dareus. Glenn--who knows? You can only really notice a LT when they are awful.

Also, you somehow fail to mention that every single major coaching selection by or OK'd by Buddy has a disaster. Ditto the decision to go to a 3-4 D then right back to a 4-3 in 3 years.

He has no philosophy.

LOL

I'm kind of neutral on Nix, would rather see him gone at this point, but won't go nuts if stays either.

However if you're trying to make the argument about what a good job Nix has done, its becomes hard to believe when you list Zerbie Sanders as a positive. He hasn't played even one down!

Exactly which bad personnel moves is it that you speak of ?

Brought in via draft : CJ, Dareus, Gilmore, Brooks, C. Glenn, C Hairiston, Z. Sanders. Resigned F. Jackson, K. Williams, Stevie J, B. Scott, Signed FA : K. Urbik, E. Pears, S. Chandler, Rhinehardt, M. Williams, Anderson, Merriman, K. Moore.

If he can resign Byrd, Levetrie, Mckelvin, i'd say he's doing pretty good unless you can point out a lot of other bad moves he's made.

Bad moves: T. Jackson for V. Young, Thigpen, Fitz contract, B. Smith contract, maybe Kelsay contract but good leader & depth player, A.Williams but could be salvaged if moved to safety

Buddy's biggest fault is using the Buddy system. He hired his friend who has never shown having any business being a head coach in the NFL, he let his friend hire his friend a defensive coordinator who was awful. He also let his friend decide to keep an awful QB. If Buddy is going to be the man in charge he needs to be in charge,