Fitz/Gailey are the worse than Jauron/Lossman

As the HC of buffalo Jauron led the bills to 3 straight 7-9 seaons and then was fired midway through a 3-6 season. this leaves him at a 42% win percentage (24-33) . crappy right? well no. gailey as HC is currently 15-33, thats a 32% win percentage. Absolute poop. Both coaches had Terrible QBs but if numbers tell us true Chan and Fitz are 10% worse than Jauron and J.P. :mellow: . On the flip side. gailey coached the Birmingham FIre to two consectuive playoff runs in the World League of American Football.

As bad as both of them are, Dick & Trentative were by far worse. The games during the Jauron era were unwatchable. Neither the offense or the defense ever featured anything exciting or inspiring. Even the wins during that regime were ugly. That Buffalo - Cleveland 6-3 loss was one of the worst games I have ever watched in the history of watching sporting events. "IT'S HARD TO WIN IN THIS LEAGUE..." -- over and over, week after week. That was worse. Gailey is a bumbling idiot but Jauron was the corpse. And Fitz is a solid NFL backup. Edwards is an NFL third stringer...

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

Not to defend Gailey but his first year he chose to see what they had instead of signing free agents...He took over knowing he had a mess and basically washed his first year. Has the Win/loss stat improves know but I do believe we have a far more attractive roster for a more suitable head coach.

As bad as both of them are, Dick & Trentative were by far worse. The games during the Jauron era were unwatchable. Neither the offense or the defense ever featured anything exciting or inspiring. Even the wins during that regime were ugly. That Buffalo - Cleveland 6-3 loss was one of the worst games I have ever watched in the history of watching sporting events. "IT'S HARD TO WIN IN THIS LEAGUE..." -- over and over, week after week. That was worse. Gailey is a bumbling idiot but Jauron was the corpse. And Fitz is a solid NFL backup. Edwards is an NFL third stringer...

Excitement isn't typically the benchmark criteria for evaluating success.

Jauron may have been one of the walking dead.....but he got to eat more brains than Gailey has.

I am sorry, but this is ridiculous. the jauron squads were horrendous on offense. For example, we used to have debates on here wondering whether there were WR's even going out for passes because the QB's wouldn't throw to the WRs.

You can rip fitz all you want, but outside of one Bledsoe season, he's been the most exciting QB we have had since flutie.

Not to defend Gailey but his first year he chose to see what they had instead of signing free agents...He took over knowing he had a mess and basically washed his first year. Has the Win/loss stat improves know but I do believe we have a far more attractive roster for a more suitable head coach.

I'll be the first to say it on this thread. A lot if not most of the good starters (there aren't a lot) are DJ holdovers. Are depth in 2012 is very poor, even with a year of less injuries. This team is not as close as some will claim. The depth and starters on defense are brutal.

Simple enough to do the research. Went back to 1986.

Gailey/Fitzpatrick 15-29

Gailey/Edwards 0-2

Gailey/Brohm 0-1

Fewell/Fitzpatrick 3-3

Fewell/Brohm 0-1

Jauron/Fitzpatrick 1-1

Jauron/Edwards 14-16

Jauron/Losman 9-16

Mularkey/Holcomb 4-4

Mularkey/Losman 1-7

Mularkey/Bledsoe 9-7

Williams/Bledsoe 14-18

Williams/Van Pelt 2-6

Williams/Johnson 1-7

Phillips/Johnson 8-10

Phillips/Flutie 21-9

Levy/Collins 7-10

Levy/Van Pelt 1-2

Levy/Kelly 99-52

Levy/Reich 4-4

Bullough/Kelly 2-7

Record as starter:

Fitzpatrick 19-33

Edwards 14-18

Brohm 0-2

Losman 10-23

Holcomb 4-4

Bledsoe 23-25

Van Pelt 3-8

Johnson 9-17

Flutie 21-9

Collins 7-10

Reich 4-4

Kelly 101-59

I am sorry, but this is ridiculous. the jauron squads were horrendous on offense. For example, we used to have debates on here wondering whether there were WR's even going out for passes because the QB's wouldn't throw to the WRs.

You can rip fitz all you want, but outside of one Bledsoe season, he's been the most exciting QB we have had since flutie.

Excitement isn't typically the benchmark criteria for evaluating success.

Perry is going to run a team some day.

You mean after he gets fired from Giants next week?

It amazes me how many ppl think he would be a good head coach just bc he got the team to play hard after Jauron was fired. Most teams usually show a spark when a head coach is fired during the season

Edited by Max997

Simple enough to do the research. Went back to 1986.

Gailey/Fitzpatrick 15-29

Gailey/Edwards 0-2

Gailey/Brohm 0-1

Fewell/Fitzpatrick 3-3

Fewell/Brohm 0-1

Jauron/Fitzpatrick 1-1

Jauron/Edwards 14-16

Jauron/Losman 9-16

Mularkey/Holcomb 4-4

Mularkey/Losman 1-7

Mularkey/Bledsoe 9-7

Williams/Bledsoe 14-18

Williams/Van Pelt 2-6

Williams/Johnson 1-7

Phillips/Johnson 8-10

Phillips/Flutie 21-9

Levy/Collins 7-10

Levy/Van Pelt 1-2

Levy/Kelly 99-52

Levy/Reich 4-4

Bullough/Kelly 2-7

Record as starter:

Fitzpatrick 19-33

Edwards 14-18

Brohm 0-2

Losman 10-23

Holcomb 4-4

Bledsoe 23-25

Van Pelt 3-8

Johnson 9-17

Flutie 21-9

Collins 7-10

Reich 4-4

Kelly 101-59

Good stuff. I had no idea fluties record as starter was that good. Similar winning % as Kelly

Most good new coaches would try to win immediately as opposed to spending a year assessing the talent that was left to him. These assessments should be made during the first mini camp and preseason, not to mention looking at film from the previous season. Your point is indicative of the problem of Nix and Gailey, they are slow to recognize the problems and even slower toward making the fixes and slow to evaluate talent. They don't have a win now attitude. Which is why we are just beginning to look for a QB now as opposed to 2 years ago.

Your point is indicative of the problem of Nix and Gailey, they are slow to recognize the problems and even slower toward making the fixes and slow to evaluate talent. They don't have a win now attitude. Which is why we are just beginning to look for a QB now as opposed to 2 years ago.

I think you've put your finger on the key thing.

Coming out of a full camp they go for Trent over Fitz, give him a game or two, then throw Trent overboard. Then jump on the Fitz bandwagon, see him "do it" a few times and then lock into him for 3 years with no serious effort to develop any future capacity behind Fitz. It now is crystal clear that Fitz is not the answer, but the cupboard's bare and we bear the stench of desperation coming into the draft season.

Just too slow evaluating talent and not preparing for the future at the most critical position on the team.

It should be. Those jauron squads, even in victory, were boring to watch and offered no hope for the future.

I understand what you are saying....it's one of the reasons I am very happy we have Spiller. Give him the ball a little more & at least if we lose we have something exciting to watch while we are losing.

As the HC of buffalo Jauron led the bills to 3 straight 7-9 seaons and then was fired midway through a 3-6 season. this leaves him at a 42% win percentage (24-33) . crappy right? well no. gailey as HC is currently 15-33, thats a 32% win percentage. Absolute poop. Both coaches had Terrible QBs but if numbers tell us true Chan and Fitz are 10% worse than Jauron and J.P. :mellow: . On the flip side. gailey coached the Birmingham FIre to two consectuive playoff runs in the World League of American Football.

By record yes...

However there was no more painful team to watch than the Jauron Losman/Edwards teams in my mind...

Losman would take sack after sack, the offense was far more pathetic than they are now. Jauron would punt from the 25 yard line, and never attempt a 4th down conversion, even if the game was on the line...

Let's just say that the Bills once again have coaching/QB issues, as always...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I understand what you are saying....it's one of the reasons I am very happy we have Spiller. Give him the ball a little more & at least if we lose we have something exciting to watch while we are losing.

Not sure if you are old enough to remember, but that would be kinda like the majority of the teams that O.J. was on with the exception of about two seasons.

The talent Gailey had to work with is really not much better than Jauron's. In fact our best players - Wood, Levitre, Stevie Johnson, Jarius Bryd, Kyle Williams and Freddy Jackson where drafted before Nix took over. Nix is a bigger problem than Gailey IMO.

Nix found Urbik, Pears, and Chandler - for that I think he did a nice job. Unfortunatle his draft have been sketchy. His first draft class (Spiller, Troup, and Carrington) got them off to a bad start. As good as Spiller is he was not a player we really needed at the time. He blossomed into a star but we have a coach that uses him sparingly.

Gailey's biggest problem is his lack of knowledge of defense and his real-time game management. He has hired two bad DC's in a row and does not seem to care about the defense at all. The Bills have spent a lot of picks on defense with almost nothing to show for it.

I don't care if Gailey is better than Jauron or not. They both were poor NFL head coaches. I just want Nix and Gailey to go away. Nix has made many tactical errors and seems to operate without a plan. Slogans are not plans.

Three years is enough time to see they are not winners and not in touch. Nix did not draft a QB in his tenure (that wasted 7th round pick aside) and the rest of the league is doing the just the opposite. This just in --- College Football is preparing todays young QBs to step in now more than ever.

Edited by Bob in STL

Truth!

And that comes with me (and I'm sure you as well) realizing that Fitz is not the answer

The talent Gailey had to work with is really not much better than Jauron's. In fact our best players - Wood, Levitre, Stevie Johnson, Jarius Bryd, Kyle Williams and Freddy Jackson where drafted before Nix took over. Nix is a bigger problem than Gailey IMO.

Nix found Urbik, Pears, and Chandler - for that I think he did a nice job. Unfortunatle his draft have been sketchy. His first draft class (Spiller, Troup, and Carrington) got them off to a bad start. As good as Spiller is he was not a player we really needed at the time. He blossomed into a star but we have a coach that uses him sparingly.

Gailey's biggest problem is his lack of knowledge of defense and his real-time game management. He has hired two bad DC's in a row and does not seem to care about the defense at all. The Bills have spent a lot of picks on defense with almost nothing to show for it.

I don't care if Gailey is better than Jauron or not. They both were poor NFL head coaches. I just want Nix and Gailey to go away. Nix has made many tactical errors and seems to operate without a plan. Slogans are not plans.

Three years is enough time to see they are not winners and not in touch. Nix did not draft a QB in his tenure (that wasted 7th round pick aside) and the rest of the league is doing the just the opposite. This just in --- College Football is preparing todays young QBs to step in now more than ever.

Wrong, He has a plan and has been sticking to it, its just one that isn't what the fans want/think he should be doing, and hasn't resulted in success as quickly as the fans wanted it.

his plan all along has been to build a young team through the draft, he has said before to that he does not believe in bringing in a QB until the rest of the team is pretty much in place. They found their place holder (who at one point actually looked like an answer at QB) in Fitz and are now going after their QB.

College football might be preparing these QBs to step in right away more now, but how many come in, impress at first and fizzle out?

cheers :beer:

Buddy Nix was supposed to build another 2005 Charger team in Buffalo, instead they got the 2005 Detroit Lions with a clueless man in charge. Marv Levy was a better GM.

I personally think Mike Mularkey is the only decent head coach we've had in this era of playoffless...ness.

I guess you're forgetting Meathead's proclivity for play action passes to the fullback on the 1 yard line. Over and over and over again. Oh, how time erases all bad memories for some.

Wrong, He has a plan and has been sticking to it, its just one that isn't what the fans want/think he should be doing, and hasn't resulted in success as quickly as the fans wanted it.

his plan all along has been to build a young team through the draft, he has said before to that he does not believe in bringing in a QB until the rest of the team is pretty much in place. They found their place holder (who at one point actually looked like an answer at QB) in Fitz and are now going after their QB.

College football might be preparing these QBs to step in right away more now, but how many come in, impress at first and fizzle out?

Thanks for explaining his plan. How are you enjoying Thigpen as your backup? How about the signing of a free agent QB who could not learn the plays and then trading a draft pick for another player that can't seem to learn them either?

I call his QB moves reactionary and I fail to see the plan. I would be much more comfortable with Dalton, or Kaepernick, or Wilson on the roster than the bums we have right now. Even if they impress early and then flame out (ala Trent Edwards). The feeling I have with the Fitz/Thigpen/Tevaris trio is one of hopelessness.

Agree 100%. That offense was horrendous. Ironically the defense was average. If we had even an average 15th ranked defense the past two years we likely win at least 6 or more games. Fitz has a lot of flaws but the guy has put up a lot of points and TDs especially compared to the prior ten years. This is by far the best offense we've had since the first 8 games of Bledsoe and then he became a disaster.

Ironically Jauron being a DC and Gailey an OC would have provided a better balanced team. Gailey's defenses will be the 2nd,3rd and 4th worst defenses in the team's history. Hard to win with those numbers.

It's sad, but true. The Bills cannot both win and entertain us, so just a little entertainment gives us something to cheer about.

It used to absolutely kill me when Edwards was QB and could barely crack 100 yards passing, with almost no passes thrown to our receivers. At least now we have Spiller, Stevie... and Fitz--for all his many, many shortcomings--at least throws the ball more than 5 yards and doesn't take sacks every other play.

I'll always appreciate what fitz did coming into the disaster that has been the bills. That alone makes me a fan. Gailey on the other hand... I can see his rational when he decides to not go for the two point conversion or punt from inside the thirty-five. The problem is he is playing not to loose. This season broke his will to win... just like Jauron and Lossman played. There is a common theme here that seems to be imposing its will on people that otherwise would have a desire to win. Some know him has Ralph, others refer to him as Darth Vader after the dark side twisted his spirit.