Sports Illustrated coaching change article

Superman12975

Whether or not there's any basis for the SI prediction, many here have been firm in the conviction that Gailey will be fired.

Amazingly there are numerous very good posters here who don't seem to think he will be.

For weeks I've considered his firing to be a foregone conclusion.

Likewise. I think it's for his own good, too. He's had health issues in the past and I gotta think this losing is eating him up something fierce. From every logical standpoint it stands to reason that we will have seen the end of the Gailey/Fitz era come 4pm on Sunday.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Caldwell. I like the cut of his jib.

And he's from Buffalo which means it's boner time for half the people who post on this site. So he's like an outsider, but he's not.

I am sure we'll be stuck with Whaley if we are lucky enough to be rid of Buddy, but I want the entire thing flushed down the toilet.

Edited by jester43

Likewise. I think it's for his own good, too. He's had health issues in the past and I gotta think this losing is eating him up something fierce. From every logical standpoint it stands to reason that we will have seen the end of the Gailey/Fitz era come 4pm on Sunday.

GO BILLS!!!

A month ago - I would've said maybe he's gone at worst. The last month has just gotten out of hand. The inconsistent decision making has stretched out from a couple of games to the better part of a season now. It should've been a good stretch - healthy, not many great teams - and it's spiraled out of control. Players checked out too. Didnt think it'd go so far so fast.

Caldwell. I like the cut of his jib.

And he's from Buffalo which means it's boner time for half the people who post on this site. So he's like an outsider, but he's not.

I am sure we'll be stuck with Whaley if we are lucky enough to be rid of Buddy, but I want to the entire thing flushed down the toilet.

What do we know about him besides job title and teams?

A month ago - I would've said maybe he's gone at worst. The last month has just gotten out of hand. The inconsistent decision making has stretched out from a couple of games to the better part of a season now. It should've been a good stretch - healthy, not many great teams - and it's spiraled out of control. Players checked out too. Didnt think it'd go so far so fast.

What do we know about him besides job title and teams?

winning.

Or worse. Posters here that actually want him to be retained.

Don't forget the ppl that think firing Gailey or any coach automatically means no playoffs for 3 years

I want Marty or a young aggressive coordinator like Seattles DC

Edited by Max997

yes then we can start all over and bring in _____________ and we'll have no patience for him either in 2016 well be here again.

Just curious, what would be your recommendation? Do nothing and hope that Gailey will get better?

his philosophy is to scout guys who come together to deliver the one seed. what exactly are you looking for?

Do you genuinely not get what I'm asking?

Clues to his ability to scout and build a team:

Players picked from his region while a regional scout? Anything they have in common? High risk high potential guys? Team captains that might be a step slower? Offense vs defense success?

His personality type?

Times he's used phrases such as "I think it's really important to......"

He seems like he's potentially a hot new name and I'd be curious to learn a bit about him. I don't expect someone to rattle off a ton of info but I think it'd be nice to learn more than "employed by two good teams." Regardless of what happens with nix next week, this sounds like the type of name we will be hearing any time we have a bad season for the long term. A successful buffalo native will always be tied to our potential openings

Example of interesting tidbits (as I'm not cross referencing colts picks to his regions right now): it seems he brought Chris Polian into the falcons organization, which if he were hired as GM might be someone he'd bring along in a leadership role if the relationship is strong.

Edited by NoSaint

I don't think it's a rumor. More like written in stone fact. I'd do it right after the game Sunday. I think just about everyone is going to get fired, The only guys I see left on Monday are Brandon & Whaley, No reason to be scared. New guys can't be any worse than the last 12 years of complete, total and utter garbage. They have to get good now to sell tickets. I wouldn't let Buddy pick the next coach and QB either. Get out of town and good riddance!