6.) Ownership transition to Jimbo coming this offseason

Did I miss any?

The offseason really is more exciting in Buffalo than the regular season

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John, I disagree about me getting off topic. It's exactly what I was trying to get to. From the beginning of Chan being the coach of this team he has made comments about running the ball more. He has statistically ran less and less. The QB that he has married himself to cannot run the offense that he wants to run. It's his incompetence that has him in this predicament. And he HAS LIED. He has consistently said they will get the Ball into CJs hands more. He's the most explosive player in this team, maybe more like the NFL. Yet he consistently says he will do this next week, yet, the next week he will continue to underutilize the first player he ever drafted when we already had 2 good ones in Lynch and Freddy.

Just because he admits wrong doing, doesn't make him untouchable. It just lets people know he admits he sucks as a head coach.

FWIW, I was happy to have Chan as our HC when he was hired. I believed he would turn things around. I believed he was serious when he said he was going to get back to running the ball. He lied. It never happened. He has earned all the criticism he gets. Does he deserve to be humiliated? No. It's no different than the "just die already" Ralph posts. It's wrong. I don't accept that. But he does deserve all the criticism he gets IMO.

wrong. he has been more upfront than many of his predecessors. and he's taken more of the blame -- at the expense of players -- than you suggest.

let's be fair here, and this is my point because people are piling on with misdirected accusations and arguments such as this above.

Chan has taken the blame each time he's been asked about it after every loss. it was the case after Tennessee, and it was certainly the case last week, when he said: "the buck stops with me."

criticize him all you want, but don't start making things up.

gregg williams never took the blame.

and mularkey was squirmy with the facts during his time.

this has not been the case with Chan.

jw

I agree with you here. No matter what your opinion of him as a coach, he has been honest to a fault. In my opinion sometimes taking the blame for some things that were not his fault.

I agree with you here. No matter what your opinion of him as a coach, he has been honest to a fault. In my opinion sometimes taking the blame for some things that were not his fault.

that just makes him stupid which is worse? Edited by mrags

yet seemingly made up some absolutely ridiculous lies at times (for whatever reason) such as "he was winded"

i know it seems like hes trying to protect CJ/fitz by not saying "i dont trust him pass blocking" but "he was winded" is such a head scratcher. perhaps by being honest to a fault hes missed the boat on effective lies.

I really think that the loss of David Nelson has hurt Fitzpatrick. Yes, he's thrown his share of bad picks, but the ones in the Pats game and (I'd argue) the Titans game were the result of poor communication between QB and receiver. In both of those situations, I'm guessing the Harvard grad knew the right play. Even in the first Jets game, the pick ran back by Cromartie was apparently the result of an incorrect receiver read. I'm not making excuses - he's hardly an elite QB, and they need an upgrade. But their receiving corps is not good. Even Johnson, who is good, destroyed Fitz last game, dropping an easy TD and fumbling in the red zone (and thereby costing him a chance for a TD pass). And let's not even go near T.J. Graham.

People really need to stop making excuses for Fitz, he is not a starting NFL caliber quarterback. Nelson played in all 16 games last year, as did Stevie Johnson, and he led the NFL in interceptions. If Fitz stays, this team continues to play poorly at best for at least 80% of the season next year.

yet seemingly made up some absolutely ridiculous lies at times (for whatever reason) such as "he was winded"

i know it seems like hes trying to protect CJ/fitz by not saying "i dont trust him pass blocking" but "he was winded" is such a head scratcher. perhaps by being honest to a fault hes missed the boat on effective lies.

oh yeah. Forgot to add in the "winded" comment. It's a blatant lie. Even CJ admits its a lie. He has come out publicly and stated he does not have any physical fitness issues.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.