SJ13

NoSaint

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

proof that 1000 shouldn't be the standard of excellence in today's NFL.

Standard of excellence, no but it's still solid to pull 3 years and counting (hopefully). If his stat line ends up being a bit more Curtis Martin than Eric Dickerson, so be it

SJ is a capable receiver, but not a game breaker. HIs speed is less than average, but he is athletic and can catch the ball with inovative moves. Catching 1000 yds three years in a row makes him a pro, but not an all pro. He is still part of the solution for the Bills, and will be a starter whereever they play him. He is not the speed burner that the team needs right now. the thing that bothers me about SJ's Bills career is why he sat on the bench for 3 years....I guess I can understand one, learn the league etc. Of course, TO's arrival kept him on the bench, and maybe he learned a little from TO/ (who also was a pro, mostly in Buffalo) All in all, he has matured, and hopefully will be around for many more years.

I think the 3 years he sat the bench were because Juron was almost as much if an idiot as Chan. Especially when it came to evaluating talent and choosing your starters. Many people saw glimpses of SJ at the end of the year in year 1 or 2 and thought he should be given more if a chance. Then they brought in TO and say him longer. Maybe TO helped him mature (funny right) but it seems like that happened.

It's somewhat more significant for SJ13 to have three, 1,000 yard seasons in a row when you consider the poor quality QB that attempts to get him the ball. A better QB and he might have 1,500 yds per season.

Ohno here we go with the lee Evans BS over again. He can't throw himself the ball!!!

SJ13 is good and has shown a lot of maturity this year. If he ever becomes legendary it will be for accumulation of just above average yards despite averaging 3-4 drops/ game.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Ohno here we go with the lee Evans BS over again. He can't throw himself the ball!!!

SJ13 is good and shown a lot of maturity this year. If he ever becomes fameous it will be for accumulation of just above average yards despite averaging 3-4 drops/ game.

3-4 drops a game is probably a little bit of an exaggeration.

Proof, rather, that there is no standard. Stevie on the Patriots? Probably 1500 yards. Welker on the Bills? Probably struggle to get 500.

I don't thin so. SJ still has concentration problems, drops passes, short arms passes...Agreed that having a sub-par QB does not help. But let us not heap all the Sh.... at the QB's feet. Just like Fitz, SJ has lost quite a few games by his dumb play.

I don't thin so. SJ still has concentration problems, drops passes, short arms passes...Agreed that having a sub-par QB does not help. But let us not heap all the Sh.... at the QB's feet. Just like Fitz, SJ has lost quite a few games by his dumb play.

Agree. He's the best we have, but he has NOT been clutch this year.

And when was the last time that happened?

Never! Point is, is that 1000 mark wont be a benchmark much longer! Its going to be 1500 plus with the way the league is going.

SJ13 is a great player with shotty QB! SJ13 would have way better numbers with a better QB!