Should Jim Kelly buy the bills?

Who else can save us, if he buys he might just get bill cowher in, grab a new gm and offer spiller the big bucks. And of course, wanny and chan will be out ASAP

Great 1st post! (unless my sarcasm meter is off) He's only about $800-900 milion short of the list price of the Bills. (just a guess though)

Great 1st post! (unless my sarcasm meter is off) He's only about $800-900 milion short of the list price of the Bills. (just a guess though)

Not only is he short of funds, he also lacks any proven track record in managing a complex business. Not quite sure why people continue to think of Jim Kelly as the team's savior .

Who else can save us, if he buys he might just get bill cowher in, grab a new gm and offer spiller the big bucks. And of course, wanny and chan will be out ASAP

Kell and a group could...

Pagula can as well.

Jacobs could play a part in the purchase having minority ownership stake.

I see something where Kelly is the figure head with Pegula putting down 40%, Jacobs 10-20%, and Kellys group the rest.

Kell and a group could...

Pagula can as well.

Jacobs could play a part in the purchase having minority ownership stake.

I see something where Kelly is the figure head with Pegula putting down 40%, Jacobs 10-20%, and Kellys group the rest.

What everyone forgets is that NFL ownership is the most exclusive of clubs - not just anyone can join, even if they have the money. The league much preferrs single owners like Jerry Jones/Bob Kraft/Dan Snyder than they do a 50-headed monster of group ownership.

Even if you could put together an ownership group as you propose, that group probably wouldn't stand a chance of buying the Bills if they had to compete against a single owner, and unfortunately very few billionaires call WNY home...

Not only is he short of funds, he also lacks any proven track record in managing a complex business. Not quite sure why people continue to think of Jim Kelly as the team's savior .

A good point. Most people like him because they know he won't move the team. I think Golasino (sp?) and Pegula would make a good ownership group. Either together or with others they know. Perhaps Mario Lemiux would like to buy a football team?!? He apparently wants to buy the Pirates but they won't sell :(. Mark Cuban?

The more interesting thing to me is what happens when Mr. Wilson passes. How quickly do his heirs move to unload the team? What role does the NFL and Goodell take? Will a new owner immediately fire everyone and bring in a whole new front office? Or will they come armed with consultants to study the situation and decide on a path to take? I think these unanswered questions make this team a destination that many players and coaches avoid. In some respect working for the Bills must be a little like Cleveland in 95. While the Browns had the known uncertainty of moving to Baltimore, the Bills have the unknown uncertainty of what will happen with the team when Mr Wilson passes which sadly is something that could happen anytime at his advanced age. All I can say is that he better not be missing his flu shot.

Maybe he should buy the team, and then make himself a player/coach. He could be the GM, talent scout, OC and DC, and maybe even fill in as a beer vendor if one calls in sick.

I love Jim Kelly, just as much as everyone else here, but he's only one guy, and not rich enough to buy the Bills.

Edited by jdriscoll19

Jim Kelly would just be a figurehead of any group that buys the Bills. He doesn't have the capital to buy the team.

What billionaire or say a couple of very wealthy businessmen would need Jim kelly for anything? A figurehead? Wealthy people don't go to ex quarterbacks doing dental commercials for advice on how to run their franchise. I don't see a single thing Kelly brings to the table.

Certainly not recruiting players. I'd bet their are quite a few players in the modern NFL that even have heard his name. He doesn't even have a Lombardi in the Bills clubhouse to show off. This Kelly talk is just plain silly.

Kely should concentrate on Hunters foundation. He's doing some good there. As a businessman, executive or NFL insider, I'd argue Chris Berman has more clout.