Elementary school shootings in CT: Principal, multiple students killed

I'm entitled to my own opinion. What we saw today was evil, if you feel better calling him crazy than go right ahead, call him crazy. But first, are you a psychiatrist? Did you evaluate this guy before he went "insane"? No, so my theory is just as valid as yours.

I never mentioned 'insane' you did; I would be careful of using that term for several reasons.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spouting hate? .....making fun?

I accomplished neither; you are dim.

Your Gestaltan logic is epic.

Grow up.

What a hoot..................

typical (bigot's) coward's response..............a feeble attempt at derision.......followed by a sad attempt at self-aggrandizing.

I await your comment's on the victim's families praying to God,

I'm sure that you can come up something clever....................................bigot.

Allow me to address Indy's point in a more civil way. You deserve better, frankly.

In most versions of monotheistic religion, God is portrayed as both omniscient (that is, knowing all) and omnipotent (that is, controlling all). Logically, this doesn't jibe with the notion of a separate evil entity capable of overruling the aforementioned god's power.

I don't question God's decisions. Yes, he controls all, but we, as people, are given free will.

I don't question these things. That's why it's called faith.

I didn't mean to hijack this thread. What happened today is both tragic and sad. My prayers go out to all affected.

Apparently, this was the murder weapon...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ct-school-shooter-made-combat-weapon-article-1.1220431

Again, I ask, why does any American need this high-powered a weapon capable of discharging 50 rounds in a flash!??!

the argument you will get is - that americans dont have the right to bear arms so they can shoot squirrels and home invaders - they have it to overthrow the government. where i stand on all that is a bit hazy on ideals vs execution.

it also sounds like this gun is illegal where he is located?

im not sure making weapons like this illegal prevents the type of person that kills twenty 5 year olds not kill people. is it better if he walks in with a bomb he made illegally? do more consequences stop a suicide mission? its a tough spot.

Edited by NoSaint

Apparently, this was the murder weapon...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ct-school-shooter-made-combat-weapon-article-1.1220431

Again, I ask, why does any American need this high-powered a weapon capable of discharging 50 rounds in a flash!??!

These gun nuts would rather die, or kill everyone, rather than stop insane people from being able to do this. this is crazy, and the politics that created this is crazy!

I never mentioned 'insane' you did; I would be careful of using that term for several reasons.

Really? You are going there? .....the Devil did this? So, let me get this straight, you believe in God, defacto then, then there has to be a Devil?

Quick question, Einstein, so, where was God during this massacre????? .....or before, when this mentally ill / nutjob kid was planning this? Oh, it must have been God's will then, right? You must be a relative of Richard Mourdock. That is one interesting "God" you believe in.........

Please. Go. Away.

Semantics.

These gun nuts would rather die, or kill everyone, rather than stop insane people from being able to do this. this is crazy, and the politics that created this is crazy!

do you think these insane people would stop doing this if the gun is made illegal?

ive never owned a gun, and dont have much desire to do so anytime soon. am i a gun nut too for questioning you?

Edited by NoSaint

False statement.............hyperbole...............lie....................

Call it what you will, but spouting simplistic cliches only helps you feel better and adds nothing.

not that anyone is surprised...............after your wonderful "bingo" post.......lol

do you think these insane people would stop doing this if the gun is made illegal?

ive never owned a gun, and dont have much desire to do so anytime soon. am i a gun nut too for questioning you?

As some has mentioned...maybe instead of focusing on guns we focus on mental health in this nation. The people who are committing this tragic attrocities aren't of right mind. Are we providing enough resources for these people to get help?

As some has mentioned...maybe instead of focusing on guns we focus on mental health in this nation. The people who are committing this tragic attrocities aren't of right mind. Are we providing enough resources for these people to get help?

with the seperate threads on this (OTW has one too) i know ive mentioned it somewhere.

i think there are a few things at hand to consider and thats a big one. another is it is still such a tiny fraction of a fraction of a percentage of even the subgroup of people that are mentally ill that go this direction.

The difference between...

Yeah, I don't pretend to know the answer but this is just getting sick. You can't go to the mall or send your kids to school without worrying about some loser 20 year upset because he got dumped might start randomly shooting. America is effed.

and

Yeah, I don't pretend to know the answer but this is just getting sick. You can't go to the mall or send your kids to school without some loser 20 year upset because he got dumped randomly shooting. America is effed.

should be blisteringly obvious...but, sadly, isn't.

What a hoot..................

typical (bigot's) coward's response..............a feeble attempt at derision.......followed by a sad attempt at self-aggrandizing.

I await your comment's on the victim's families praying to God,

I'm sure that you can come up something clever....................................bigot.

Bigot? Nice. You ground your posts in such strong anchors I cannot respond.

You are a mental giant and internet tough guy rolled into one.

I hit a nerve, revealed you as the moron you are and you cannot handle it. Stay off the internet Nancy.

I will say this...if the NRA is smart, they will avoid speaking on this as long as they possibly can. Anything involving the death of young children is an uber-sensitive topic and there is nothing they can comment on that will not be misconstrued.

Congratulations on posting quite possibly the most irrelevant post of this thread; the good news, it was far from the dumbest. But your point is.....well..... pointless - even to the quote you referenced.

......ill-timed and irrelevant; given the absolute and utter tragedy that is central to this thread it is dumbfounding to try and even ascertain a point to this......beyond provoking a response; to that, "well done" - I responded.

I hope you are not disillusioned into thinking you possess any overview on this topic (by your thread) because you do not; clearly.

It wasn't pointless, related to the quoted post. The poster said you can't feel safe going anywhere -- when in reality, we're safer now than we were 20-30 years ago. Yes, it's a tragedy, but let's not take a single tragedy and extrapolate it into thinking the entire country is effed because of it.

I will say this...if the NRA is smart, they will avoid speaking on this as long as they possibly can. Anything involving the death of young children is an uber-sensitive topic and there is nothing they can comment on that will not be misconstrued.

i know its unreasonable to say but frankly, they shouldnt have to comment every single time someone misuses a gun. they will ultimately feel that they have to, and probably will do so, but they shouldnt have to answer to every nut job.

Why? What do they have to fear? According to some of the smart people on this board the "devil" did this.....no humans or guns involved.....just the friggin "devil".....with this logic, the NRA has absolutely nothing to fear.