Interesting Mario stat

Mario started slow,,,,very slow. Since the bye week n "wrist surgery" He has been dominant! He starting to show why we over paid to get him here. Our D should b good next year. Now we need to fix the QB situation and get a decent #2 Wr with some size!

Mario started slow,,,,very slow. Since the bye week n "wrist surgery" He has been dominant! He starting to show why we over paid to get him here. Our D should b good next year. Now we need to fix the QB situation and get a decent #2 Wr with some size!

That's some praise.

It's funny that this is a suprise. He was having a career year, until he was hurt last year. The whole wrist surgery thing was less of a big deal, finding focus, and learning how to play with each other I think made the difference. Everyone on the line has stepped up, as of late. IMO. He had two good games before the surgery. I think we as fans just love to cry the sky is falling.

the thing with free agents is, well you can't compare there pay, to a guy you resigned, or drafted. You pay to keep him out of another team's hands. I get so tired of the whole "over paid" crap. Would you be happier if we didn't pay him? And he went to Jax, or any where? I am Soooo glad they did what it took to keep him. I felt that way while the whole of TBD buried Nix for "over paying" for him. On the flip side of this coin (and I said this while the Mario hate was in full swing) if we didn't "over pay" for him, the city of buffalo would have stormed one bills drive with torch, and pitch forks in hand.

As most everyone now realizes, Mario is far from being part of what's wrong with the Buffalo Bills.

Haha. You give too many people here too much credit. By some people's estimation it will take four seasons of 17+ sacks for him to earn his money.

Could be Mario and the defensive end position was not what was wrong with the team to begin with. Sure, we needed an upgrade there, but we Bills fans - myself included - got a bit too excited when Mario signed, thinking that finally we'd be the Bills team we've all been hoping for for over a decade now. The reality was our Coordinators were not performing at a high level, and our LB position was not addressed, nor was our QB position - and we can see, now, that just adding Mario to last year's team (Anderson and Gilmore, not to mention Wannstedt) wasn't enough to jettison us into the playoffs.

I think Mario is earning his money - after all, he's performing, statistically, better than he's ever done; we got what we paid for there. What we should take from all this is that success starts at the top, in football. Each side of the ball - offense, defense, special teams - is only going to be as good as the coordinator is capable of making them. The coordinator needs to know how to use the players he has. If we had a really dominant ILB, and maybe a better OLB, and a healthy defense, we would probably be a top 5 defense - if Wanny can match wits with the better offensive minds as he has against the poorer offenses these past 5 weeks.

Now it is time to get the offensive equivalent of the DE - the QB. And, its time Gailey opens things up, or moves on. I'm glad Mario is on our team, though (despite the fact that that 100 million would have been better spent on a top QB/coach tandem - if it is Mario or nothing, I'd gladly take him).

Now it is time to get the offensive equivalent of the DE - the QB. And, its time Gailey opens things up, or moves on. I'm glad Mario is on our team, though (despite the fact that that 100 million would have been better spent on a top QB/coach tandem - if it is Mario or nothing, I'd gladly take him).

Thank you. This is what tons of people don't seem to understand. It wasn't like there was someone else that we were about to sign but didn't have the money because of Mario. We signed the best two free agent DE's available to rush the QB. So it's Mario or nothing. Would you rather have him out there or not?

People get freaked out about $100M like it's their money or like he's even going to play out his contract to half of that number. We weren't going after Flynn or any FA QB's, our focus was defense.