J.J. Watt/terrific player and better person

JohnC

Not enough JJ Watts in this world and certainly not enough in the NFL who are willing to do something positive with their fame other than act like entitled aholes. Good for him, superstar human status as far as I'm concerned.

Sadly, there's a wide majority of JJ Watts in the nfl I'd guess that we don't hear about. I'd imagine if we had half a clue what the average player did we would be really impressed but the transgressions get more views.

There are many examples of players getting in trouble and acting like fools. This is a touching story of a player who has a very warm heart. Being a success is not about acquisitions; it is about who you are and what you stand for.

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=8734437

Incredible story and incredible person, Should get DMVP. I f we ever get a chance to sign this guy we should at all costs.

Sadly, there's a wide majority of JJ Watts in the nfl I'd guess that we don't hear about. I'd imagine if we had half a clue what the average player did we would be really impressed but the transgressions get more views.

Exactly. The majority of players are great guys who do a lot of community service. But as evidence by this thread, people don't care. But a Belcher/ Brent story will get multiple pages of replies. For whatever reason, people love negative stories more than they like positive ones.

P.S. Cue someone to post we should have drafted Watt #3 with his 11.5 career college sacks.

we should have drafted watt #3 with his 11.5 career college sacks

but for realsies, love hearing great stories about pro-athletes rather than the negative ones....the ole "a few rotten apples..." thing is very true

It's true. I've dated some really good looking girls but all my friends do is mention the big ones.

Absolutely. I love when ESPN airs their feel good stories. E:60 seems to have quite a lot of them (and is probably the best show they have going). Sportscenter seems to be playing more of them than they used to, but it is certainly still dominated by gossip and negative stories.

Not enough JJ Watts in this world and certainly not enough in the NFL who are willing to do something positive with their fame other than act like entitled aholes. Good for him, superstar human status as far as I'm concerned.

There's something positive a brewin' in Houston. Andre Johnson just dropped $30,000 of his own money to let underprivileged kids in the city go on a toy shopping spree.

• 1 month later...

There are many examples of players getting in trouble and acting like fools. This is a touching story of a player who has a very warm heart. Being a success is not about acquisitions; it is about who you are and what you stand for.

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=8734437

How can anyone watch the first minute of that story and not want to cry?

The world needs more people like JJ Watt because he's trying to make a positive impact in those kids lives after such a horrible tragedy.

How can anyone watch the first minute of that story and not want to cry?

The world needs more people like JJ Watt because he's trying to make a positive impact in those kids lives after such a horrible tragedy.

thats what I'm talkin' about.. Willis

wonderful indeed.

Thanks for the post. I am now a jjwatt fan.