Nick Saban may want back in NFL

Why would he leave? Have any of you been to Alabama? Would any of you want to live there?

Can't really answer the first question.

Second question: yes.

Third question: I must confess, I have come to despise the summers in the deep south. The heat is insufferable.

So for me personally, I would answer no based on weather alone. Other than that, hell yeah. I would live there.

The radio shows make up stuff all the time but at least one mentioned the wife wants out of the deep south.

Talk about making crap up. She was happy in Baton Rouge. She is quite happy in Tuscaloosa.

She has also stated she believes Alabama is Nick's last gig. The only place he'll go from Tuscaloosa is to their retirement home in Rabun County, GA.

That's how much they hate the "deep south".

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably means there is a recruiting violation brewing in ALA that will be unveiled real soon and Saban is looking at jumping **** before he's caught with his pants around his ankles.

I'm wondering the same thing. Alabama was a national champ in his third year...that's pretty quick.

He *may* be a good NFL coach, but all we have to go on is his 2 years in Miami. Yes, you can look to his DC days in Cleveland, but that was early-mid 90s. I just think he's a good college coach, but may not cut it in the NFL.

Not quite right.

Here's the actual full length interview with Terry Saban: http://www.973thezone.com/Player/101765001/

Start listening right before the 6 min mark. Notice she's NOT talking about Nick specifically. She does talk about Nick specifically starting at around the 7:45 mark.

Nick Saban is NOT driven by the results. Nick is driven by the process that ends in a result.

As for Saban leaving Bama? I would be surprised if he did. Even Terry believes that Bama is Nick's last stop before retirement (at around the 13 min mark)

but when you never really get to enjoy a minute of the results i can understand why even the most process driven person can feel a bit burnt out.

Laughable some posters actually think the NFL would "blackball" Saban. So many whacky MF's here!

Anyway, I'll believe Saban is ready to leave heaven for hell when I see it.

Yeah, especially sice there's new ownership in Miami too.

No Thanks. His routine wore thin pretty quickly in Miami. His dictator ego works with college kids, not so much with men making millions.

True, but I'd be willing to see if he learned from his mistakes.

Belicheck didn't succeed at 1st and he is the coach I would most compare Saban to personality-wise.

It took Carroll a second time, and as far as the dicator thing, Harbaugh is similar except he pats guys on the back. Kinda sad when you think millionaires need this but we're all human I suppose.

Edited by stony

This thread is Hilarious.

"No, he is a quitter"

Get the hell out of here.

Does he give the Bills a better chance of winning the Super Bowl?

Yes.

That is the answer to the question.

Will he give the Bills a better chance to win than Mike Mularkey, Ggregggg Williams, Dick Mauron, Chan Gayley and some other talentless cast-off like Cam Cameron? Yes.Yes.Yes.Yes.Yes.

The stupidity is sometimes overwhelming.

In reality does Buddy Nix and Whaley have a realistic chance of wooing Saban to the NFL. Um, I'd say not freaking likely. So to the "No, he is a quiter" herd. You won't have to worry.

This thread is Hilarious.

"No, he is a quitter"

Get the hell out of here.

Does he give the Bills a better chance of winning the Super Bowl?

Yes.

That is the answer to the question.

Will he give the Bills a better chance to win than Mike Mularkey, Ggregggg Williams, Dick Mauron, Chan Gayley and some other talentless cast-off like Cam Cameron? Yes.Yes.Yes.Yes.Yes.

The stupidity is sometimes overwhelming.

In reality does Buddy Nix and Whaley have a realistic chance of wooing Saban to the NFL. Um, I'd say not freaking likely. So to the "No, he is a quiter" herd. You won't have to worry.

His past is a big indictation of his future. I'm sorry but I don't respect quitters. I would never send my son to play for him. Also, he wasn't even a good NFL coach. The real guy this team needs to focus on is David Shaw of Stanford. Runs multiple offenses, is familiar with Barkley (maybe that can be his future QB), and is a part of Harbaugh's coaching tree. That works for me.

I saw on Mike and Mike this morning that Nick Saban is possibly looking to try coaching in the NFL again. They said he would want to do what he did in Alabama and LSU, and rebuild a team from the ground up. I know he failed in Miami, but would you give him any consideration?

With what we have been through as fans for the last 13 seasons Hell YAH !!

Plus the last time we won a championship over all was in the 60's with a coach named Saban could it be a coincidence HMMMM ???

Consider him? Compared to what we have now I'd give the guy anything he wants...

And for those of you who think Saban is blacklisted in the NFL, or whatever, you're completely wrong...The guy left a weird Ownership situation in Miami, went to a down Alabama Program, and build the best Organization in College Football...He walked the walked and proved how good he is...They'll be lined up for Saban if he wants back in the NFL...And The Bills should be 1st in line IMHO...But they won't...They'll just let him pass by...Like idiots... B-)

Flying J > Detroit construction. I know you get it. Ohh yeah, that's what we have been reduced to and why we still suffer.

http://www.ohio.com/news/top-stories/pilot-flying-j-reflects-incoming-browns-owner-haslam-s-attention-to-detail-1.342434

I'd take Saban in a second.

I live in Miami, he and his wife both hated it here. Big city life isn't for them. So Buffalo wouldn't be out of the question.

As a recruitment tool we would have to offer him full control of football operations. Another way of enticing Nick to come here would be to feed his ego. Tell him that winning here would be better than winning anywhere else. It's the ultimate challenge. Who knows? He might be up for it.

Lastly, we have great talent here in Buffalo. We're not that far off. Glenn, Levitre, Wood, Urbik, Spiller, Jackson, Stevie J, Chandler, Mario, Dareus, K. Williams, Byrd and Gilmore are a nice nucleus to a potentially great team. We're a QB, a WR, a linebacker or two, and a great coaching staff away from competing for a Super Bowl.

It could be done. $10 million a year wouldn't hurt, either. Money talks.

If not Saban, I'd like to see:

1. Greg Roman

2. Bruce Arians

3. Ken Whisenhunt

Got to laugh at all those who would sell the farm for this guy just because previous Bills coaches haven't worked out here

So your reasoning for wanting him are.......

1. He runs a very successful college program (like all successful college coaches have succeeded when given an NFL job)

2. He was good when coaching/co-ordinating the Browns defence 20 years ago (Same with Wanstache.....)

3. He only has one losing season as a HC on his record (and in the NFL, he only has one winning season as a HC.........)

4. Who cares if he quit on his team to go back to college when thing became tough in the NFL (This is the exact attitude you want in a HC, when things get tough, quit!)

5. He has to be an improvement over Gailey (Who has to be any improvement over Jauron, who has to be an improvement over Mularky, who has to be an improvement over Williams, who atleast wears a headset meaning he has to be an improvement over Wade Phillips!)

From what it sounds like, he will either stay in the NCAA or will come back with the Browns to help out an organisation he has a past with and friend, which of course means that its all Ralphs fault for being too cheap/too close to death that he won't come to Buffalo to be our next coach getting a pink slip in a couple years............

It wasn't sarcasm. Most people's sarcasm meters are off when they don't see it. You're seeing it when it's not there. You think all those posters on page one saying No are being sarcastic?

I was pointing out that in saying no to Nick Saban, that those saying no must want to keep Gailey & What is it any of your business defending SJBF, you & Jauronimo need to mind your own business, if you got something to say, say it but don't jump into someone else's argument, that's a punk move

Thats an interesting interpretation. You are correct, however, in that someone certainly appears foolish. But that person isn't SJBF.

One Question, which one of you guys is the pivot man in your circle jerk