Nix: Patience fans, patience (sorry, no Jay Rosen quotes)

Beerball

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nix's comments come at a time when the Bills (5-7) are in jeopardy of extending the NFL's longest active playoff drought to a 13th season. Buffalo is on the fringes of playoff contention in preparing to host St. Louis (6-7-1) on Sunday.

John know something we don't?

PTR

Makes me think Nix has someone in mind around the 2-3rd round

I took Buddy's quote "if there's someone you like in the 3rd, you'd better take him in the 2nd" to mean:

"I learned my lesson and now realize that we should have taken Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick in the 2nd round and/or Russell Wilson, Nick Foles, or Kirk Cousins in the 3rd round."

I liked this comment from Buddy: ''And I'll tell you this: if you like a quarterback, and like him in the third round, then you had better take him in the second.''

It seems in the last couple of years that QBs have gone high. Even higher than projected. Like Jake Locker and Christian Ponder going high 1st round and Colin Kaepernick going high second round. I would hope that he ammends his line to be "if you like a quarterback, and like him in the third second round, then you had better take him in the second first.''

no matter what they do, we will harshly comment.

Mario is a perfect example.

With Buddy i never feel cheated or lied to.

if all has not gone as planned exactly, then he says all did not go as planned.

The baby is still in the bathwater, dont toss it down the plug hole.

one more year

I took Buddy's quote "if there's someone you like in the 3rd, you'd better take him in the 2nd" to mean:

"I learned my lesson and now realize that we should have taken Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick in the 2nd round and/or Russell Wilson, Nick Foles, or Kirk Cousins in the 3rd round."

I heard the same thing. I suspect that won't happen this year.

Exactly.

To be fair, while Nix ain't young, this is his first GM gig.

Exactly...Unfortunately Bills Fans were hoping Nix, the veteran scout, was not going to need much on-the-job-training...Tough lesson for us all to learn I guess... B-)

Why can't he just say - we never thought that Washington was going to take Cousins, who we really liked. We got caught with our pants down.

That too.

And that's what worries me the most. They had Cousins ahead of Wilson. These are the guys who will be selecting "the next Jim Kelly." Yikes.

Nix is lying out his ass. It was never their intention to fill other areas of needs first then fill the QB position last. Their intention (and hope) was that Fitz would be that guy. Plus, QB is not a position you just plug in. They usually take a few years to develop.