Nix tired of HC/QB questions...says both are as safe as ever

Alphadawg7

This interview was posted on Bleacher report. Apparently Nix is sick of all the HC and QB questions and says both Chan and Fitz are as safe as ever. I mean WTF...how are either of them as safe as ever? I don't want to hear "what was he supposed to say" because he could have said that's something they will evaluate in the offseason at least providing some hope that they will at least evaluate them again while still not disrupt the team now. Instead he is insisting they are his guys for as long as he is GM. Here is part of the article talking about it...

"Bills general manager Buddy Nix is a real, normal person, too, and he's getting tired of answering questions about the job security of quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick and head coach Chan Gailey.

Both, he says, are as safe as they've ever been in that regard.

After hearing one too many questions about Gailey and Fitzpatrick, Nix said to WGR 550's Howard Simon (via Tim Graham of The Buffalo News), "Howard, you can change the subject or we can let this thing go dead."

On the topic of staying the course, Nix offered some interesting thoughts, and ones we've heard before:

I don't think you preach that all is well because it's not. We haven't won enough games. But to keep saying 'Stay the course' is not hard. I think the hard part of that is listening to it. You people that have to hear it, they get tired of it, and I don't blame them.

But I do know this: You have to do it. You just cannot have complete turmoil and turnover all the time. Again, it's not hard for me to sit here and say that that's the right way. It's just hard for fans and you guys to hear it.

So it seems that any Bills fans hoping for change at quarterback and head coach are now also hoping for change at general manager.

In that regard, when asked how long he will stick around to see that the job he started gets finished, Nix offered more insight:

I came here to help try to get us on stable ground and get this football team moving in the right direction and get a basis of players that could compete and build it where it would last. That's my goal, and as long as I got enough energy to keep the pace, I'm going to keep doing it—unless Mr. Wilson tells me I'm not. That's a guy that could decide that, obviously."

Here is the link:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1427442-buddy-nix-is-tired-of-talking-about-qb-hc-and-other-afc-east-news

Edited by Sisyphean Bills

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats odd, because he did a few interviews a couple weeks ago talking about how they were going to go after a QB in this draft...

All that means is Thigpen and Jacksons jobs aren't as safe

and that the guy they draft will have time to sit on the bench and develop instead of being thrown in as a starter Day 1

I took out of it that the number one priority will be getting a QB. FA or draft.

The quote that stuck with me is when Howard (talking about Fitz and Gaileys comments) asked, what is your definition of near future? Buddy responded with;

"Until we find someone better, or until someone beats him out"

I was ok with Buddy as GM as I've believed he's done a pretty good job at bringing in FAs, evaluating college talent, and resigning our stars that needed to be resigned.

Of course there's mistakes along the way with talent and resigning. But overall I don't think he's been too bad.

But if he refuses to even answer a question or acts that way, he can take his old hick @$$ out of Buffalo too.

Apparently everyone at OBD thinks they are untouchable. Of course it's probably true, but I don't want to believe that and they shouldn't act that way either.

Pack your bags then Mr. Nix. Educated fans who have sat through 13 seasons of dirt, deserve more.

Fall on the sword for baby arm and Chan " they wouldn't let us (pass, run, punt, play defense) Gailey and leave with them.

Or be a man and say yes these are valid questions and answer them from the fans that pay huge $$$ to support this franchise.

I take it to mean that for this season they are safe. He knows that TODAY there is no better option. After the season I see Chan not being too secure but Fitz..sadly there is nothing on the landscape to unseat him. I also still believe that Fitz can lead this team with an experienced ol and a stouter defensive unit

I was ok with Buddy as GM as I've believed he's done a pretty good job at bringing in FAs, evaluating college talent, and resigning our stars that needed to be resigned.

Of course there's mistakes along the way with talent and resigning. But overall I don't think he's been too bad.

But if he refuses to even answer a question or acts that way, he can take his old hick @$$ out of Buffalo too.

Apparently everyone at OBD thinks they are untouchable. Of course it's probably true, but I don't want to believe that and they shouldn't act that way either.

So if I asked you the same question after everyone of your posts, until you gave me the answer that I wanted to hear, you wouldn't either keep answering the question with the same answer you always do and get frustrated with responding every time, or just completly ignore me after a few times responding?

Fans and the media are going to keep asking him the same thing until he gives them the answer they want to hear, that Chan and Fitz are gone ASAP

You don't get that response from him the first time, ask him again, still not the response you want, ask again, and you keep going til he tells you what you want to hear

I take it to mean that for this season they are safe. He knows that TODAY there is no better option. After the season I see Chan not being too secure but Fitz..sadly there is nothing on the landscape to unseat him. I also still believe that Fitz can lead this team with an experienced ol and a stouter defensive unit

So if I asked you the same question after everyone of your posts, until you gave me the answer that I wanted to hear, you wouldn't either keep answering the question with the same answer you always do and get frustrated with responding every time, or just completly ignore me after a few times responding?

Fans and the media are going to keep asking him the same thing until he gives them the answer they want to hear, that Chan and Fitz are gone ASAP

You don't get that response from him the first time, ask him again, still not the response you want, ask again, and you keep going til he tells you what you want to hear

Exactly.

He's answered the question multiple times. They will be looking for a QB in the off season. Chans job is secure, etc.

I think the 4th week in a row of being asked it is where the frustration comes from. Problem is, as another poster stated, when the bills were 3-4 and then lost a bunch of games in a row because of bad coaching decisions, it would only make sense for Howard Simon to question whether Buddy's view of Chan has changed. Which it apparently hasn't, by his response.

Pack your bags then Mr. Nix. Educated fans who have sat through 13 seasons of dirt, deserve more.

Fall on the sword for baby arm and Chan " they wouldn't let us (pass, run, punt, play defense) Gailey and leave with them.

Or be a man and say yes these are valid questions and answer them from the fans that pay huge $$$ to support this franchise.

Well then Nix is pretty lucky cause there are very few of those around here, most of the educated fans are just "Hindsight Geniuses"

And what makes one teams fans more "deserving" then others? Every week half the leagues fans are "winners" and the other half are "losers". So what makes Bills fans "more Deserving" of their team winning then a Detroit Lions fan? A KC Chiefs Fan? An Oakland Raiders Fan? A jacksonville jaguars fan? Should the NFL make up a new rule that does not allow a team to have more then 1-2 winning seasons in a row? That teams should have to share success with other teams?