Rolando McClain (update - released by Raiders)

FutureBillsGM

IF McClain is released from the Raiders (Which seems like a good possibility) should the Bills be interested in kicking the tires on the guy? I mean he showed a lot of promise but hasn't panned out. That could be due to a toxic situation in Oakland. The guy is also a bit of a problem off the field.

I know the typical reaction would be to say no simply because he was drafted high and we have heard of him doesn't mean we should sign him. Or the other side will be well I have heard of the guy so we should sign him.

I think bringing him in as a back up with zero guarantee might be good for him, make him hungry to play and tap that potential. But its hard to say he wouldn't be a cancer in the locker room. I think if you can get him at his most desperate and sign him to a contract were you can release him at any point it might be worth a shot. I guess if you got the right deal it is worth a shot.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every players gets a 'we should sign him' thread. I'm glad this one has been fulfilled and can die now. If you think he's going to be an upgrade, time to take off the 'every player not on the Bills is better than the Bills player at that position' glasses.

Before his most recent incident, I definitely wanted him. However, he has shown me that he is a lowlife scumbag who will never change, and never wants to. The fact that he could've just gotten a simple ticket, but got himself arrested by signing the ticket "!@#$ y'all" is childish and unacceptable. No place for him in this league.

WTF? I would hope the Bills, especially with a new regime in place, would set their sights a bit higher than McClain. If the Bills can't do better than McClain, then they can never expect to reach the playoffs. If I'm a new HC, establishing a new culture, and knowing I have a few good players, but need a lot more... especially LBs, McClain wouldn't even be on the list.

2 things are very comical here....

1. That this is even a topic.

2. That there are Bills fans that would even consider this move. This guy is below average to terrible and is a menace off of the field.

How about this...if we sign a complete thug let him at least be good. Remember Marshawn Lynch?

• 2 months later...