Rolando McClain (update - released by Raiders)

FutureBillsGM

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will he be allowed to use a gun while filling the MLB slot? That might be what Sheppard needs to stop RBs in the hole.

Billy Cole anybody???

No, I did not read thru' the entire post to see if anybody else made the joke...

This just shows the obscene boom bust nature of the game. All sorts of folks were clamoring for the bills to land him.. Had the raiders grabed CJ, who knows?

I ve read about arrests, play book system issues and no pass coverage ability... So like shep but with arrests and attitude problems. Pass

Shep hasn't busted anyones spleen though :bag:

I dont mind the Bills being one of those teams that gives a player a 2nd chance.

I agree with this in principle....but the price here in dollars is to much. I would say, on a reduced $ commitment, OK. Maybe a sharing deal with the Raiders. And, you never know, having Dareus might help him fly right. Edited by bigK14094

I agree with this in principle....but the price here in dollars is to much. I would say, on a reduced $ commitment, OK. Maybe a sharing deal with the Raiders. And, you never know, having Dareus might help him fly right.

The guy should be humble at this point and be glad he is on a team. I agree if he is cheep as dirt give him a shot.

But if they are even considering him i would bet they asked Marcel if there is any hope for the punk a//

McClain isn't Marshawn Lynch, who (dangerously) drove drunk and was convicted of illegally possessing a concealed weapon. He's worse; McClain put a loaded gun to someone's head, then fired in another direction. McClain was also targeted in a drive-by shooting. He should be in jail, not on an NFL team, and I certainly don't want him on the Bills.

Now we can pick him up on the cheap.. Get him. Like the NFL network boys said . He needs to go somewhere with a structure type staff. Lots of talent run stuffer. 23 yrs old ,former 8th pick of the draft.

Just because no one claimed him on the waiver wire doesn't mean he'll sign wherever "on the cheap". NFL Network said there's 3 teams that have already made his agent offers and two more are said to be interested (for what it's worth).

I hope we're one of these reported five anonymous teams. But we haven't been winning many competitions for talent lately.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

McClain isn't Marshawn Lynch, who (dangerously) drove drunk and was convicted of illegally possessing a concealed weapon. He's worse; McClain put a loaded gun to someone's head, then fired in another direction. McClain was also targeted in a drive-by shooting. He should be in jail, not on an NFL team, and I certainly don't want him on the Bills.

Agreed...but, how realistic are we being? I'm definitely for the high character guys, but they are few and far between nowadays. Aside from the numerous other athletes that pull this sh*t and constantly get away with it. Also, how much of his antics can be attributed to being young, very rich and "bulletproof?" I think he's been knocked down a few pegs and will be on his best behavior durring his next contract.

Agreed...but, how realistic are we being? I'm definitely for the high character guys, but they are few and far between nowadays. Aside from the numerous other athletes that pull this sh*t and constantly get away with it. Also, how much of his antics can be attributed to being young, very rich and "bulletproof?" I think he's been knocked down a few pegs and will be on his best behavior durring his next contract.

Forget it. He's Laurence Philips, except Laurence could play, unlike RM.

I never fully understood this mindset. These guys are paid millions of dollars to run around a field and try and knock each others heads off. They have been doing this most of their lives and been given special treatment during that time as well. So how does a player having issues with the law in his past like Lynch and the drunk driving affect how he plays on those 16 Sundays a year?

I understand from a risk management standpoint. Having a starter get injured is bad enough. But for a starter to not be able to play because he was a dumbass off the field sucks even more because it is self inflicted. But I don't get the attitude of wanting only "high character" boy scouts on a team. I'd take a team full of scofflaws if they were able to play on Sundays (instead of being in jail) and won over a team of boy scouts who are losers any day. Maybe that's just me.

It's only football after all. The only thing that matters to me is how they perform on the field.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I never fully understood this mindset. These guys are paid millions of dollars to run around a field and try and knock each others heads off. They have been doing this most of their lives and been given special treatment during that time as well. So how does a player having issues with the law in his past like Lynch and the drunk driving affect how he plays on those 16 Sundays a year?

I understand from a risk management standpoint. Having a starter get injured is bad enough. But for a starter to not be able to play because he was a dumbass off the field sucks even more because it is self inflicted. But I don't get the attitude of wanting only "high character" boy scouts on a team. I'd take a team full of scofflaws if they were able to play on Sundays (instead of being in jail) and won over a team of boy scouts who are losers any day. Maybe that's just me.

It's only football after all. The only thing that matters to me is how they perform on the field.

I don't disagree. I would take a chance on an immature player like Honey Badger. But the risk of associating with people who are flat out bad is too great, in all walks of life including football.

ravens need him to replace ray lewis street cred