Rolando McClain (update - released by Raiders)

FutureBillsGM

Reports (and his own Facebook posts) say that Rolando McClain will be released by the Raiders this week. He had a ton of talent and upside at one point (#8 pick in the draft) and heard that he did not fit well with Dennis Allen from a friend in Oakland but has a short history of underperforming and shooting guns during fights. He did have 99 tackles and 5 sacks last year and is only 23 years old. With the state of our linebackers, what do we think?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports (and his own Facebook posts) say that Rolando McClain will be released by the Raiders this week. He had a ton of talent and upside at one point (#8 pick in the draft) and heard that he did not fit well with Dennis Allen from a friend in Oakland but has a short history of underperforming and shooting guns during fights. He did have 99 tackles and 5 sacks last year and is only 23 years old. With the state of our linebackers, what do we think?

Will he be allowed to use a gun while filling the MLB slot? That might be what Sheppard needs to stop RBs in the hole.

Right, he would need to clear waivers. From what I saw in the Cali papers, it looks like he'd be owed next to nothing this year, around 4 million next year, 6 million in 2014 and 2.3 million or so in 2015. Someone would have to pick up that contract off waivers or he becomes a free agent. I'd almost take a chance as a $4 million linebacker is a borderline starer on many teams.

:thumbsup:

I'd go for it but the FO only wants boy scouts.

:doh::lol:

Yes to Rolando McClain. I'd bring in Aaron Curry for a tryout as well. It would be great to address the LB position before the draft allowing the Bills to focus on other areas like QB and DB. Kudos to Buddy for putting in waiver claim for Babin!

Crazy that McClain and Curry have been busts. Everyone thought those guys were can't-miss picks.

Crazy that McClain and Curry have been busts. Everyone thought those guys were can't-miss picks.

Hawk was also a let down

Sims is another top 10 43 lb that let down.

High bust rate

Mayos good not great

Keith rivers?

That's your non pass rushers from 2005 to a year ago (only missing LK because he's only played 10 games)

Edited by NoSaint